The Challenge of Reality

chapter Four

Robert suddenly wakes up and realizes he is in Woodstock. When he was younger he would always come here with his friends. As he is getting uo he has an unbearable headache and holds his head as he stands up. Two men come towards him and he is frightened, as these unknown men come closer. He looks down at his stomach to see his wound and there is no trace of him ever being stabbed. He stands there perplexed, not knowing what to believe. He knows he had just got stabbed, he saw it all very clearly.
The two strange men approach him and say “how was the experience Nick”. Robert backs away shocked and yells “that’s not my name, where’s Lucy? What did you do to her?” Rather than looking shocked the two men look disappointed. One of the men calmly tell Robert that his real name is Nick and Lucy does not exist. She is simply an illusion he made up because he suffers from schizophrenia and has multiple personalities. They go on to tell him that they have given him these magical mushrooms to open his mind and finally see reality. Robert or Nick we should say falls to the ground weeping; his whole life was a lie.
The two men introduce themselves as Chris and Daniel, they tell Nick they are old friends of his. Nick tries hard but cant seem to remember either of them. Chris tells him to get in the car and he would drive him home. They drive off and Nick looks out the window, thinking about his life. Chris slowly stops in front of a big house and tells Nick this is where he lives. Nick gets out of the car and walks into the house. Still unsure of what had really happened.