Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 34: Addicted

My mind couldn’t string together a sentence after the kiss that Cristiano had given me. The kiss had clouded my senses and all that my mind could focus on was the feeling that the kiss had given me, instead of a decent lie that I could say to Cris. “Um, I-I um,” I stuttered, internally cursing at how this must sound to Cristiano.
“You…?” Cristiano pushed, with his eyebrows raised and a knowing smirk placed onto his flawless face. It took everything in me not to kiss him again, just to wipe that smirk off of his face… Ok, so maybe I didn’t want to kiss him to get rid of his smirk, but just to be able to kiss him again… The feeling that it gave me was addictive, like a drug, and I was now feeling the ‘high’ that it gives you.
“Shut up.” I commanded, grabbing Cristiano’s neck, pulling his mouth down to mine and kissing him; hard. I could tell that Cristiano was trying to put all of his passion into this kiss, and I could feel it washing over me, and come crashing through me. It was like the kiss had given me a wave of emotion, reminding me why I had forgiven him all those times. I could feel love, passion, fire; all of it. Every single feeling that I had ever felt with Cristiano came rushing back to me and I could no longer deny the chemistry between us. My mum was right, denying Cristiano another chance would be stupid, because it would be denying myself happiness.

Eventually Cristiano and I pulled apart, having to catch our breath after that intense kiss. Cristiano rested his forehead on mine and looked deep into my eyes, searching for any signs of emotion. “So?” Cristiano asked, with a smile playing his lips.
“So?” I teased, giggling lightly at Cristiano who just smiled at me and shook his head.
“You always have been such a tease.” Cristiano commented, and I felt that from the look he was giving me, that he meant it in more than one way. I smiled at him innocently before pecking his lips.
“Mummy, how long will you be?” Bella called from the living room, and I suddenly remembered about our movie marathon that I had promised.
“Just coming.” I called back, smiling at Cristiano and walking towards the living room, with our fingers entwined together. We passed my mother in the hallway who saw our entwined fingers, but chose not to say anything and just gave us a knowing smile, which I responded with by giving her a playful roll of my eyes.

When we made it into the living room we both sat either side of Bella, and she passed Cristiano the remote, not quite understanding which buttons to press. I then got up suddenly, walking over to kitchen and finding a bag of toffee popcorn, and pouring it into a bowl, then bringing it into the living room with me. Bella immediately grabbed the bowl of popcorn and began stuffing large handfuls into her mouth, with half of them spilling out of it causing Cris and I to chuckle.
"You might wanna slow down on the popcorn there." Cristiano advised, knowing that Bella would get a sugar rush otherwise, or throw up. Bella glared at Cristiano playfully, but took his advice and took a short break on the popcorn munching.

The first movie that we watched was The Lion King, and all three of us got very emotional when the dad dyed, next movie was Sleeping Beauty which was then followed by Snow White. Half way through the third movie Bella had fallen asleep and so Cris carefully carried her upstairs so that she could have a nap. I followed him up the stairs and lightly kissed Bella on the crown of her head before walking out of the room silently with Cris. "So what do you want to do now? Continue the movie?" I asked.
"I think that we need to have 'the talk'." Cristiano said and I gulped loudly, not really wanting to have the chat, but I knew that we'd have to have it sooner or later... I'd just prefer to have it later.
"Ok." I hesitantly accepted, as Cris led me into the bedroom that we used to share when Bella and I came around to his house. I perched myself onto the corner of his bed, and Cristiano joined me.
"So..." he began, entwining his fingers together on his lap. “Where do you want to take this?" He asked bluntly.

"I don't know Cris. I mean we have a child together and so much history, and when we kissed earlier it was like a sudden breath of fresh air; and all of my feelings towards you came back to me..." I trailed off, feeling vulnerable after putting my feelings out in the open. "How do you feel about this?" I quipped, wanting to know where he stood.
"I love you Tash. At the end of the day, you'll always be the person that I want to go home to. And I think that we both know that we belong together, because at the end of the day, we're inevitable. At the end of the day, no matter what we put each other through, we always seem to find a way back to each other and that proves that we're meant for each other. And I promise you Tash; for me, it will always be you." Cristiano spoke, with his words so full of emotion. Every single word that came from his sinful lips was overflowing with raw emotion.
"I love you too, Cris." I replied and Cristiano smiled at me, before crashing his lips onto mine. I don't even know how I got to this stage. Just this morning we were fighting because I didn't want to get back together with him and now here we are, exchanging 'I love you's' and kissing each other!
A few moments later Cristiano pulled back from me, his eyes boring into mine with such passion. "So where are we going with this?" Cristiano asked me, with his eyes looking so exposed, like he was worried that I was going to shut him down; again.
"I was hoping that maybe we could go back to how we were... Before all of the drama happened...?" I asked, and the biggest smile was plastered onto Cris's face, a smile so bright that it could light up a Christmas tree!

Cristiano and I had remained on the bed for a good 30 minutes. At some point we had both fallen back onto it and were now just basking in each other's presence. "Cristiano, how are we going to break the new to our friends? As far as they know I have no idea who you are!" I suddenly blurted, just as the thought came to my mind.
"We're just going to have to be honest with them; but why didn't you tell them that you remembered?” Cristiano asked me curiously.
"Because, ever since I'd lost my memory, everything that I'd tell one of them would be reported back to the group and discussed vigorously, and I didn't like that." I explained and Cristiano nodded his head in understanding.
"So when do you want to break the news to them?" Cristiano asked. When I thought about it, I couldn't really wait too long to tell them as otherwise they'd either catch us, find out through the media or one of us will slip up and tell them something; and if that were to happen they'd be even more upset.
"I guess we're going to have to do it pretty soon..." I suggested and Cristiano hummed in agreement. "Tomorrow?" I asked.
"Tomorrow." Cristiano answered and I smiled at him, before leaning over and kissing him; boy was I glad to have him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano and Tasha have finally gotten back together! How will their friends take the news?