Status: In Progress

From Me to You

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*2 Years Later*

I heard the beep of my iPhone as I pressed the end button. I turned my head to the rest of the band and my mouth was gaping. That did not just happen

"What the fuck is wrong with you Reed? Who was that?" Drea pushed her fringe out of her eyes and glared at me waiting for an answer.

"G-guys, holy shit. That was a guy named Colton Price...from Hopeless Records."

"Hopeless Records! What did they want?" Now Teddy was really tuned in."

"Yeah! I wanna know!" Drew woke up to say.

"Guys. Colton...he is our new manager. He liked our EP. We are officially signed to Hopeless Records." It took two years of us getting our act together and releasing an EP, it’s been out for about six months, we sent it out to so many record companies, and we almost gave up after about five months. Someone finally noticed us.

Everyone was now lost for words.

The first to break the silence was Drea (of course) "Holy shit!! We are a fucking signed band! Guys! What the fuck!"

She really needed to learn more vocabulary so she didn't feel the need to curse in every sentence.

The others were still in shock though. I knew I had to tell them the fun part though.

"Guys, I probably should tell you that we have a meeting at Hopeless in two hours."

Teddy yelped, "Shoot! I have to shower and do my hair!" As expected from Teddy, he was a bit crazy, he always had to look perfect. But I guess this is an appropriate time to act like this since HR probably would want us to look good when meeting them. Others started agreeing with Teddy, they needed to prepare themselves too.

"Go guys go!" They all disperse to find their car keys so they can go home and ready themselves, "I'll text you guys the address!"

**

We all walked into H.R. together, it was sort of terrifying, I mean we know we got the deal but what if they back out? We walked up to the front counter and I went ahead.

"Hi how can I help you folks today?"

"We have a meeting with a Colton Price at 3pm."

She moved her sight back to her computer and she typed in a couple things. She clicked a couple times and then she looked back up at us.

"Alright, Colton will be right out to get you guys, you can take a seat over there if you want."

"Alright, thank you!" We turned to go over to the seats but before we sat down we were interrupted

"From Me to You? Is that you guys?"

I turned to see a black haired man with snakebites, an eyebrow piercing, and a tattoo of what looks to be an owl on his neck. This was Colton? I was expecting someone a little more professional looking, not that I was judging, I don’t know, when I think manager I usually think businessman. But then again when do I ever see a business looking guy on tour with a band?

"Yeah that's us! You must be Colton?"

"That's me, call me Price though."

"Sounds good, I'm Reed, the lead singer and sometimes rhythm guitarist."

"I'm Andrea, but call me Drea, I play drums."

I'm Theodore but you can call me Ted...or Teddy as everyone else calls me, I'm the lead guitarist."

"And finally I'm Drew, I play bass."

Price smiled and motioned for us to follow, "Good to meet you guys, I'm really glad to have been assigned to take you guys on as my band, I hope to get along great with you! Now follow me back to the managers office area so we can get you to sign a few things, then you guys officially will be signed to Hopeless!"

“Fantastic!” I was really excited now, this actually was happening, my dream was finally coming true.

We followed Price into the back, passed a couple little rooms and then headed into a little office. There were seats for all of us and Price motioned for us to take them, I sat closest to his desk, I started this band so I sort of became our “leader”. If that is what you wanted to call it anyway.

He put a few papers in front of me and brought a pen to them, “We need you to read through the contract and sign at the bottom, we try to be as flexible as possible but we do need to set a few rules. So read through that and let me know if you are all okay with that.”

I picked up the paper and started reading, ‘A year contract’ so we have to resign each year, we are allowed to leave Hopeless if we do not wish to continue on after a year, but we are stuck here for a least a year. There is also a section on social media. We are allowed to have anything we want, but we have to abide by Hopeless Records requests, so if we post something they don’t like, we have to take it down, probably just so we can’t bash them or their employees. I read through the rest of it and not much of the rest matters, just about us living in the US and other stuff like that. No big deal. I explain a few things to the rest of the band and we all agree on this.

It’s officially happening. I put my signature in the first box and dated it, then handed the paper around and the rest of my bandmates signed themselves away to this place. Hopefully this place would be good for us. If not, we have a year to get more recognition and transfer to somewhere else. This is just the beginning.

I handed the papers all back to Price and he put them away. “Now guys, you all ready for a photoshoot? We can get you guys all prettied up the way you want with our makeup artists and then shoot you guys for our website!”

“Sounds good!”

**

After the photoshoot we ended up with a good amount of fantastic band photos. We edited our facebook and twitter pages and updated all of our social media to let our previous fans know we finally got signed.

@FromMetoReed: Guess what guys! We are officially signed to @HopelessRecords!!! I am so pumped, thank you guys for sticking around with us, can’t wait to see what is in store for the future of From Me to You!

Our couple thousand fans started flipping out at the tweet, we got so many retweets and likes it was ridiculous! We even had a couple other bands tweet at us sending us congratulations.

@FromAlextoYou: Congrats guys!!!! :D The best band ever finally got signed!

@FMTYFans: Finally! It is about time that someone realized how great FMTY is!!

@AlexAllTimeLow: Welcome @FromMetoReed and the rest of the FMTY band to @HoplessRecords! Good luck with recording!

This was amazing, I looked down at my phone and realized that Alex Gaskarth had just tweeted me. Holy crap, he was my favorite singer.

@FromMetoReed: @AlexAllTimelow thanks dude! You have no idea how much I look up to you as a singer!

@AlexAllTimeLow: @FromMeToReed: Sweet dude, just listened to some of your stuff and you guys are fantastic! Glad you take some inspiration from me!

@AlexAllTimeLow, @JackAllTimeLow, @RianAllTimeLow and 3,672 others followed you

My twitter was going insane, Alex’s tweets were bringing a lot of fans our way. Today was a dream come true.

“Guys did you look on your twitters yet? It is sort of crazy?!” I started up a conversation with the ever so silent band.

“No I haven’t, why? What is going on?” Teddy looked at me with a questioning gaze.

“Well for one, we all gained like thousands of followers in the matter of minutes, thanks to Alex Gaskarth tweeting at me. He wished us luck!”

“Ooooh, Reed gonna get some of that Gaskarth ass!” Drea blurted out at me and winked, “We all know how big of a crush you have on the guy.”

“Shut up Drea! I am gonna punch you!” God knows I won’t, because she would actually kill me, but I might as well threaten too.

“We all know even better that there is no way you would punch me silly child.”

“Hey! I am twenty two!”

Teddy started singing, “I don’t know about you! But I’m feeling twenty two! Everything’s gonna be alright!”

“Shut up Teddy!” Drea and I both yelled simultaneously. Drew was being really quiet, a little too quiet, I looked over at him and realized he was asleep in the chair he was sitting in. We only have been sitting here for about ten minutes, he is crazy.

Hopefully Price will be back soon to get us. He said he was going to make sure we had nothing else to cover today before we left.

Speak of the devil, here he comes walking down to us right now!

“So guys!” He says rather loudly, “I have a proposition for y’all, I know this is last minute and such so feel free to decline, but, I think it would be a really good idea for you guys to go onto the Vans Warped Tour, it would be great for exposure and I just got word that one of the smaller bands dropped out, so there is an open spot that I may have told them to hold for you guys.”

“Warped Tour!!” That woke up Drew.

“W-what’s going on, why all the yelling?” He rubbed his eyes.

“Drew! We are going on Warped Tour! That is what is going on!” His eyes widened and he smiled.

“Thats fucking rad guys.”

“Price!” I yelled, “You are seriously the best manager ever! I hope we never have to trade you for someone else!”

He smiled and scratched his head, “I am glad you guys like me, also glad you want to do this, I’ll make the call and let them know you’ve confirmed! You will be leaving in a week! So get whatever you need done in this town before you guys go on a four month tour! I will email you the deets as soon as I can!”

We all thank him once again and leave the building heading towards our individual cars, before we all leave though I say something, “Guys, come here.”

They all head over towards me and stand next to me, “Group hug slash photo?”

They laugh and we all get into a hugging position, I hold my phone up and snap a photograph.

I open up twitter and post it,

@FromMetoReed: Today was fucking rad, thanks to @HopelessPrice for everything [TwitPic]
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter! Holla, starting to get interesting! :) I am in love with my characters!

Also guys, please comment and let me know what you think! Do you like the length of this chapter? Longer, shorter. I've been trying to write longer chapters by combining a lot of the action that goes on in my stories together into one big chapter. But if you want smaller chapters with less action in them let me know. I'm still working on this whole fanfic thing. :) And thanks to all the readers so far!

-Stephen