Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 13

Katrina stirred the next morning not feeling Brian arms around her. Her eyes fluttered open she sat up rubbing her eyes and seeing his spot empty.

"Brian?" She said.

There was no answer instead the smell of food invaded her nose. Wrapping the blanket around her she got up walking to the kitchen.

She found Brian with his back to her busy making breakfast. As if sensing she was there Brian turned around.

"Good morning." He said with a smile.

"Good morning." She said returning the smile and walking over.

Placing the spatula down he cupped her face kissing her. She returned it eagerly playing with the ends of his hair. Before she could increase it he pulled away chuckling.

"Don't want a repeat if last night do we?" He asked.

She laughed shaking her head. "Do you want me to help?"

"No you just sit looking beautiful." He said.

She blushed and sat down at the table.

After a few minutes Brian walked over setting a plate of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon in front of her.

"Brian this is amazing." She said smiling as he set a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice in front of her.

"Thanks." He said sitting down sipping his coffee.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" She asked confused.

"Already did." He said. "I was gonna serve you breakfast in living room but you woke up."

"Sorry." She said with a laugh.

"Not a big deal I can do it next time." He said.

"Next time?" She asked looking up.

"Yes if you'll let me." He said.

"Brian I'm still confused and conflicted." She admitted.

He took her hands in his. "Katrina you deserve better." He cupped her face looking into her eyes. "Please leave that asshole."

Her eyes widen. She was scared not only for her but for Brian if Stewart found out she was leaving him for Brian.

"Brian I'm scared for both of us." She whispered.

"I'm not scared of that asshole." He said. "You shouldn't be either." "As long as I'm here I won't let him hurt you."

Before she could reply the phone rang.

Brian groaned slightly before getting up to answer it. He dreaded it having a feeling who it was. And sure enough his senses were dead on. He reluctantly answered it.

"What the hell do you want?" Brian asked.

"Not to polite Brian." Stewart said. "Not even a good morning?"

"It was a good morning until you called." Brian said.

"I'm sure it was." Stewart said with a tone. "She's over there isn't she?"

"So what if she is?" Brian said with a tone too.

"You slept with her?" Stewart asked.

"What do you think you coward?" Brian asked smugly.

"What did you just call me?" Stewart asked his voice raising.

"A fucking coward is what you are." Brian said. "You're so damn insecure and cowardly you cheat on your wife who's committed to you instead of divorcing her." "And I know you put your hands on Katrina."

Stewarts hand paled from holding the phone tightly.

"She told you that?" He asked.

"Yes she did." Brian said. "You really are a coward for putting your hands on a woman your wife on top of that."

"Don't tell me how to handle my marriage or my wife." Stewart growled out.

"You're right seems like I'm the one handling her now." Brian said suggestively.

"She's not yours she belongs to me." Stewart growled out.

"I don't think so not anymore cause I give her the attention she deserves and satisfy her like you don't." Brian said.

"While you're bragging have you forgotten our deal?" Stewart asked.

Brian went silent.

"That's what I thought." Stewart said smugly. "You've succeeded so far but I want you to continue to do it."

"Why I've already did what needs to be done." Brian asked confused.

"Because I want to know she's the little slut I know she is." Stewart said.

"You're one sick bastard." Brian said in disguise.

Stewart merely chuckled. "Remember you're reward for doing this." He said then hung up.

Brian put the receiver down his head spinning.

This guy was twisted as fuck. He already slept with Katrina what was continuing to do it gonna prove?

Then again Brian wanted to continue it cause it kept him close to Katrina. Also maybe being around her would prove to her age deserved better and give her the courage to leave her husband.

"Brian who was that?" She asked coming out the kitchen.

"It was no one." He said managing a smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "The conversation sounded heated."

"Just some asshole who pissed me off." He said.

She appeared to accept this answer.

Brian walked over kissing her and taking her into his arms.

I'm not gonna let your crazy husband hurt you Katrina. He thought as he stroked her hair.