Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 14

After showering and getting dressed Katrina walked back downstairs to find Brian waiting for her. She walked over to him with a smile kissing him.

Pulling apart he stroke her cheek.

"How long is your husband going to be gone?" He asked.

"At first he said two weeks he said it may be extended to three." She said.

"Katrina seeing how he's barely at home and doesn't have sex with you anymore don't you wonder?" Brian asked.

"Wonder what?" She asked confused.

"Wonder if he's cheating on you." He said.

"I never thought of that." She said looking down.

"I'm just saying if he's not having sex with you he's getting it somewhere." He said.

"I guess I wanted so badly for everything to be okay and work out I never thought about that." She said.

Brian cupped her cheek she leaned into his touch.

"Find out just to be sure." He said.

She nodded and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer. Pulling apart he said...

"You might want to go home and call him." He said.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"Cause I got a feeling he's been ringing up your phone." Brian said.

Katrina nodded as Brian walked her to the door.

"Three weeks he's gone we have three weeks with each other." He said hugging her.

"I'm gonna enjoy these three weeks." She said with a smile that he returned.

Giving him a final hug she walked across the street up to the front door and entered her house.

Walking over to the answering machine she found twenty-seven missed phone calls.

What is he calling me so much? She thought. He never pays me any attention when he's at home now he's calling like something's gonna happen.

She decided to call him back to get him off her ass.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked after the fourth ring.

"I've been out with friends." She answered.

"Out with friends all night?" He asked. "That doesn't sound like you."

"It's the new me." She said simply. "I'm tired of moping around trying to please your ass and I get no recognition for it."

"I tell you that you do a good job." He argued back.

"A compliment I feel so special." She said sarcastically.

"What's with the attitude Rina?" He asked.

"Katrina to you you're not allowed to call me by my nickname anymore." She said.

"Why not?" He asked his voice rising.

"Cause you have to earn the right to call me it." She said.

"I have the right I am you're husband." He growled out.

"It's one thing to call yourself a husband but being one is a whole different game one you're not playing." She said.

"The hell does that mean?" He asked.

"Stop acting so ignorant!" She yelled frustrated. "You haven't been treating me like a wife is what I mean." "And don't give me that whole I'm busy bullshit."

"I am busy trying to make he dough to bring in." He said his anger rising.

"Sure maybe the old Katrina brought that excuse time after time but not this one." She said.

"And how did you become the new Katrina?" He asked.

"A friend helped me." She said hanging up.

She was surprised at herself by her boldness and confidence. She liked this feeling of power and not letting Stewart step all over her.

And I owe it all to Brian she thought. I have to do something special for him. She thought with a sexy smirk.

Grabbing her purse she got dressed in something different and walked out to her car driving away.

Katrina walked into Victorias Secrets looking at all the on sale lingerie and costumes. She had no idea what Brian liked or would like.

"Need help?" The lady asked her.

She nodded. "I'm looking for something kinda rockerish and grungy."

The clerk smiled. "Come back here then."

Katrinas eyes widen at all the leather lingerie and all the SM stuff. She walked over to a red and black corset set turning it over and looking at it.

"I'll take this one." She said smiling.

The clerk smiled back taking it and ringing it up.

"This for your boyfriend, husband or someone special?" She asked handing Katrina her purchase.

"Someone special." She said with a smile.

"I'm sure he'll like it." The clerk said.

"I have a feeling he will." Katrina said walking out the store.

As she pulled out the parking lot she turned the car around to make one last stop.