Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 20

"Katrina what are you doing here?" Brian asked still in disbelief that she was there on his stoop.

"Hello Brian." She said as fresh tears came down and a small smile formed. "May I come in?"

"Of course." He said stepping inside.

She walked to the middle of the floor. She heard the door close and Brian walking over till he stood a few feet behind her.

She turned looking at him he stared back. She ran at him wrapping her arms around him and hugging him.

Brian was surprised but returned the hug. The feeling of her in his arms was something he thought he would never feel again.

He felt her shaking and realized she was sobbing into his chest.

"I'm so sorry." She said between sobs.

Shh." He said running his fingers through her hair she patting her back. "It's okay Katrina."

"No it's not!" She yelled. "I shouldn't have doubted you cause your feelings were true." "And you were right all along."

Brian pulled back his hands cupping her face and his thumbs wiping the tears away.

"Katrina calm down and take deep breaths." He said.

She closed her eyes inhaling and exhaling real slowly. She opened her eyes.

"Now what was I right about?" He asked.

"About Stewart cheating on me." She said.

I knew it!

"How did you find out?" He asked.

"After you left I thought about why he would do something like this." She said. "Then I remembered what you said about him probably cheating." "So I went into his office then went through his desk and found the evidence that proved it."

"Katrina I'm so sorry." He said.

"Don't be cause you were right all along about him." She said.

"I wasn't right for agreeing to that deal." He said. "I shouldn't have done that." "You deserve better than that you deserve better than me."

"Brian." Katrina said taking his face in her hands. "Don't be down on yourself because of this."

"I'm not gonna lie I'm still mad but I know we'll get pass this eventually." She said a smile forming. "You've helped me get my confidence back, and you've made me feel beautiful and loved." "I hadn't felt like that in a long time."

Brian looked in her eyes. He placed his hands over hers running them down her arms.

She brought his face and his lips to hers. He cupped her face and placed a hand on her lower back.

The kiss started off slow then gradually got more heated and passionate. She played with the ends of his hair while he ran his over her body.

Their kisses became open mouthed. Their tongues played with each other. Katrina sucked on his tongue while Brian nipped her lips.

Eventually they pulled away gasping for air. They held each other then looked at each other.

Brian slowly traced her lips she kissed his fingers as they ran over. His fingers went up tracing every angle of her face. She laughed and took his hands into hers.

"I'm ready Brian." She said. "I'm ready to start over and have a new life with you."

Brian thought he couldn't get even more happier. But his happiness shot down when remembered one obstacle standing in his and Katrinas way. Stewart.

"Before we do Katrina there's something else you should know." He said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Stewart's been calling me saying you won't leave him and that he won't let you leave him." Brian said. "He also admitted that the guy you saw earlier today was someone he hired to spy on you."

"Why is he doing this?" She yelled. "Why won't he stop?!"

"That's what I've been trying to figure out." Brian said. "Which brings me back to a question I asked before." "Katrina are you sure there's nothing wrong with him?"

"Not that I can...

"Wait a minute." She said. "I don't know if this means anything but in recent months he started taking pills that weren't his usually prescriptions."

"What was it?" He asked.

"He said it was for headache but I did some research." She said. "It's a pill that's mainly prescribed to people who are either schizophrenic or suffer from borderline personality disorder."

"That explains so damn much." Brian said. "The odd behavior, mood swings, increased paranoia, random fits of anger and rage." "It all makes sense now."

Katrina nodded in agreement.

"But Katrina if you knew he had this why were you still with him?" He asked.

"Cause I thought I could help him but it got worse." She said. "Then the abuse began now he's threatening my life if I try to leave him."

"He's not gonna get you Katrina." Brian said firmly taking her into his arms.

"I'll kill the bastard myself if I have too but I'll do anything and everything it takes to protect you." He said.

Katrina looked into his eyes seeing determination. She leaned up kissing him with so much passion it put their other kisses to shame.

Pulling away Katrina looked into Brians eyes.

"I love you Brian." She whispered.

"And I love you Katrina." He said holding her close.

They stood there Brian holding Katrina. Katrina couldn't remember feeling this safe as she did now in Brians arms.