Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 28

Brian and Katrina were back at the condo getting ready to leave the next morning. After Katrina told him and his family what Stewart had said.

Katrina insisted that they go home as soon as possible. After eating they went back to the condo and started to pack.

Katrina hurriedly packed her clothes accidentally stepping on Pinklys tail. The Maltese yelped in pain.

"I'm sorry girl. She said picking Pinkly up and calming down the whimpering dog.

Brian ran in eyes wide and panting.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I accidentally stepped on her tail." Katrina said. "I was in such a hurry I wasn't watching where I was going."

Brian walked over and sat next to her on the bed.

"Katrina are you sure you want to go home so soon?" He asked.

"I'm sure Brian." She said. "I don't want him to come here where your family and friends are."

"Katrina they'll all protect you along with me." He said. "It's better that we stay here where there's more people around for your protection."

"But I'm also endangering their lives." She said. "I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to your family, Johnny, Zacky, Val, Matt, and little River."

"They said they'll help no matter the danger." Brian said.

"Brian you don't know him like I do." She said looking down. "You weren't married to him for six years."

Brian scooted closer putting his arm around her shoulders.

"You don't know what he's capable of and I just can't let him do anything to your loved ones." She said. "He wants me not them or you."

"He'll have to get through me to get you." Brian said.

Katrina looked up and stared into his warm chocolate eyes.

"He'll kill you too just to get to me." She whispered.

"Let him try." Brian said.

"With pleasure." A voice said.

Brian and Katrina looked up to see Stewart come out the closet with a gun raised.

"Son of a bitch how did you get here so fast?" Brian asked getting up and standing in front of Katrina.

"I own private jets that are ready to fly at the last minute." Stewart said an unpleasant smile forming. "I got here last night I was just waiting for the right moment to get you two."

"You're not gonna get her or me." Brian said.

Stewart titled his head. "Oh really?" "Think you can stop me?"

Brian charged at Stewart knocking him to the ground. Stewart hit him with the gun. Brian groaned but slammed Stewarts head against the floor.

Stewart punched Brian causing his head to go back. Then he was kicked in his gut. He was hit in his head again with the butt of the gun.

Brian groaned falling off Stewart. He opened his eyes to see the gun pointed at him.

"Don't worry I won't let her suffer." Stewart said before shooting him twice in the chest.

Brian laid dead on the floor with blood staining his white T shirt. Stewart kicked his body to make sure he was dead.

"You shouldn't have fallen in love with her." Stewart said then spit on him. "Dumb fuck."

Katrina waited patiently with a fire place poker. She heard footsteps she shushed Pinkly who was nearby.

"Where are you Rina?" He asked as he got closer.

"I'm right here!" She said and struck his hand with the poker.

Stewart yelled dropping the gun. He turned as Katrina hit him in the face with the poker. He fell to the ground.

She raised it again hitting him in the head and back. He managed to turn over and grabbed the poker.

He snatched it out if her hands. He grabbed her ankle as she tried to flee. Katrina kicked him in the face making him let go.

As he grabbed the gun she ran with Pinkly in her arms upstairs.

"Where was all of that when we were married?" Stewart said spitting out blood as he approached the stairs.

"Hold on girl." Katrina said to the whimpering Pinkly. "We're almost out of here."

"He brought a lot out of you." Stewart says approaching the attic stairs. "I'm kinda jealous that I didn't get that part of you."

"But you know what?" Stewart said as he climbed the stairs. "I'm kinda have a little fun with you before I kill you."

He got into the attic seeing no sign of Katrina.

"Katrina?" He said kicking over stuff with his foot..

He heard a whimper. He turned seeing the window open. Smiling he walked over.

Poking his head out he was met by a kick to the face. Groaning he shot at Katrina as she scrambled with Pinkly up the roof.

Growling in anger Stewart grabbed the top of the window and hoisted himself up and onto the roof.

Katrina screamed as a bullet narrowly missed her. She slid as some tiles broke. She fell dropping Pinkly and rolling down the side of the roof.

She hung onto the railing as Stewart approached with the gun raised.

"Goodbye Katrina." He said.

Saying a silent prayer Katrina let go of the railing falling to the ground unconscious.

Stewart looked at his dead wives body before going back through the window.

Pinkly walked over and licked her face. Katrina stirred and groaned softly.

Pinkly barked and licked her face again.

Katrina looked to see Stewart gone she could see him through a window moving through the condo.

"I have an idea." She said getting up and grabbing Pinkly.

Stewart walked out the house and to the side. He dropped his gun finding Katrina gone.

"Where the hell are you?!" He yelled.

Katrina squatted in the seat pressing the wire together until she saw a spark. Then finally it started. She put the car in drive and stepped on the gas.

Stewart looked up as his car roared at him with Katrina at the wheel. He shot at her she squatted down and continued to drive at him as he ran.

Pressing all the way down on the gas she hit him. Katrina stopped seeing him fly back and hit the ground not moving.

Katrina sat there breathing heavily waiting for him to get up. He slowly raised his hand and sat up looking at her.

"Baby I'm sorry." He said blood coming out his mouth as he got up.

Katrina stared unblinking at the words. He had said those words a thousand times before.

He started to approach her. "I'm sorry Rina."

My nickname. She thought.

"I'm so sorry Rina." He said. "Please forgive me."

Katrina glared and got ready. She wanted to look him in the face.

"Forgive me Rina." He said. "I'm so sorry."

Katrina pressed in the gas driving forward and running him over. She looked in the mirror seeing his body roll before stopping.

She put the car in reverse and ran over him again. She stopped looking at his bleeding dead body.

She let out a cry and pressed her head against the steering wheel.

There was a loud slam on the window. She jumped to see Brian standing there bleeding and shot but alive.

He opened the door taking her into his arms as she cried.

Katrina sat with Pinkly in her lap as they loaded Brian into the ambulance.

She watched as they loaded Stewart into the coroners van. Fresh tears came to her face. A hand reached up wiping them off.

She looked down smiling at Brian. Leaning down she kissed him and held his hand as they drove to the hospital.

Turned out Brian was wearing a bulletproof vest and would be okay.

Katrina looked up and into his eyes.

"I love you Brian." She said.

"I love you Katrina." He said kissing her again. "Everything's okay now." "You can sleep peacefully now."

Katrina smiled and laid her head on his chest the sound of his heart making her eyes heavy.