Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 4

As Katrina prepared dinner her mind kept drifting back to Brian. She remembered the way his muscles moved and rippled. And when he was so close behind her his smell still lingered in her nostrils.

Then when he touched her hand. It felt like a shock went through her hand and throughout her whole body. She shrugged it off as static electricity.

As she finished preparing the casserole and put it in the oven. Her thoughts went back to the things he said to her. Specifically the last thing he said just before he left.

If you ever need anything fixed I'm just across the street.

The way he said it and his body language. Katrina swore he was hitting on her.

She would be lying if she said she didn't like it. Though she was married it was nice to get some kind of attention from a man. Even though it was innocent flirting it made her feel wanted and desired.

Innocent? She thought. The way Brian acted around her was anything but innocent.

She could see it in his eyes and the way he looked and talked to her. It oozed of pure lust.

Though she admitted to herself she liked it. She looked down at her left ring finger where her wedding ring was.

I can't. She told herself. Though things are bad I can't stoop that low. Just like our vows through good and bad. We will see if other through.

She was brought out her thoughts by the front door opening and Stewart entering.

"Hi honey." She said going to greet him. "How was work?"

"Exhausting as usual." He said though he knew he was tired cause his mistress wore him out.

"So Brian came over saying you told him about the loose boards." She said. "He fixed them."

"Did he?" He asked.

She nodded and lead him into the kitchen showing him by stepping on them. He walked forward testing them for himself.

"I'll be damned." He said.

"Yeah he fixed them in about eleven minutes." She said.

"That's fast." He mumbled walking out the kitchen and to the front door.

"Where you going?" She asked following him.

"Just going to tell Brian thank you and talk about payment." He said opening the door.

"Okay but hurry back dinner is almost ready." She said.

"Okay." He said heading out.

He crossed the road walking up to the front door and ringing the bell. Brian answered.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Hello to you to Brian." Stewart said. "I just wanted to talk to you about things."

Brian opened the door wider letting him in. They walked into the kitchen sitting at the island.

"I see you fix the boards up I wanted to thank you for that." Stewart said.

"That's not what you really wanted to talk about though right?" Brian asked knowing why he really came over.

Stewart smiled. "You're right it's not." "So what happened."

Brian shrugged. "Nothing really I flirted with her and dropped hits she seemed fazed other then that nothing."

"She seemed fazed." Stewart repeated. "That's a start." "I have an idea."

Brian leaned forward listening.

"I'm gonna suggest throwing a welcome to the neighborhood party for you." He said. "At our house."

"If you're gonna be there what good will that do?" Brian asked.

Stewart smiled. "Who says I'm gonna be there?" "I'm going out of town on a little business trip."

"This business trip happen to be meeting another woman?" Brian asked.

Stewart's smiled vanished. "You just do what you have to do." He said getting up.

Brian walked him to the door opening it he watched him walk away.

Guy's a total scumbag. He thought shutting he door.

As he and Katrina are he decided to bring it up.

"So Rina I was thinking we should throw a party for Brian." He said wiping his mouth. "You know to welcome him to the neighborhood."

"I think that's a good idea." She said. "When should we have it?"

"This Saturday." He answered. "What do you think?"

"Sounds good." She said with a smile gathering their plates. "It's gonna be great getting to know him better and getting to socialize."

"Yeah." He said walking out the kitchen.

Except I'm gonna be gone and you're gonna be here with Brian to keep you company.