Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 8

Katrina brought out more plates filled with chips, vegatables, and other appetizers. Putting on the table she walked over to the grill.

"How are the burgers and ribs coming along?" She asked her brother Paul.

"Coming along great Kat." He said.

"Great." She said with a smile and started to walk away.

"So where's your oh so wonderful husband at?" Paul asked in a not pleasant tone.

She stopped sighing. "He had to go on a business trip this weekend."

"He had to go on a business trip when it was his idea to throw a welcome to the neighborhood party in the first place?" He asked.

"Yeah he told me last night." She said.

"Why don't you just divorce the asshole?" Paul asked.

"Paul don't start." She said not wanting to argue with her brother with guests around.

"Rinie." He said calling her by his nickname for her. "You're not happy he's never at home and when he is he doesn't pay you any attention." "So why are you still with him?"

"Because I love him and I want to work things out." Katrina said.

"How can you love someone who treats you like shit?" He asked. "You deserve better."

Katrina looked up remembering that Brian had told her the same thing.

"Things will get better." She said.

"Okay whatever you say." Her brother said giving up.

"So when does this Brian guy arrive?" He asked. "Seeing how he's just across the street shouldn't he be here by now?"

"I guess he's nervous about being around a lot of unfamiliar people." She said.

Of course she knew Brian wasn't a nervous guy seeing his he got straight to the point of her personal problems. He definitely wasn't a nervous or shy guy.

Still she wondered what was taking him so long to arrive.

Brian finished spiking his hair to perfection. After putting on just the right amount of eyeliner. He gave himself a once over.

He was dressed in a new pair of ripped jeans with a white T-shirt and his favorite leather jacket. He put on a little cologne.

He had noticed the way Katrina had smelled him that day he came over to fix the boards.

After putting his favorite necklace on he walked downstairs. Putting food and water out for Pinkly.

"Wish me luck girl." He said petting her.

Pinkly barked and licked his hand.

Walking out his door and locking it. He crossed the street hearing music as he walked up to the front door. He rang the doorbell.

Katrina had just came upstairs from using the bathroom so she heard the doorbell ring. She walked to it opening it.

Her mouth went dry at the sight of Brian and how he was dressed. She found herself staring and her mouth open like an idiot.

Brian chuckled at her expression. "Close your mouth Katrina something might fly in."

She closed her mouth and managed a smile. "Glad you could make it Brian come in."

He smiled and walked it. She gasped softly smelling his cologne and aftershave.

He turned hearing her and smirked.

"Is something wrong Katrina?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No nothing at all." She said walking pass him. He followed her close behind.

"Everyone is out here." She said leading him out on the patio and to her brother.

"Paul this is Brian." She said introducing them. "Brian this is my brother Paul."

"Nice to meet you." Paul said shaking his hand.

"Same here." Brian said returning the smile.

Katrina smiled at this before noticing she was being gestured over by Claire. She walked over.

"Is that Brian?" She asked.

"Yeah it is." She said.

Claire looked Brian up and down. "I can see why you're worried about him he's sexy and dangerous."

"Who says I'm worried?" Katrina asked confused.

"Katrina it's obvious." Claire said. "Your body language around him is undeniable." "You're attracted to him."

"Okay I admit I am." She said.

"And he's attracted to you to isn't he?" Claire asked a smile forming.

"He doesn't make it a secret he is." She said. "He's come on to me more than once and he kissed me yesterday."

Claries eyes widen. "Did you kiss him back?"

"Yes I did but I remembered Stewart so I stopped." Katrina said.

"You know something more is gonna happen between you to eventually." Claire said matter of factly.

"No it's not cause I'm going to talk to him about it after the party is over." Katrina said.

"After the party is over and everybody is gone and y'all are here by yourselves." Claire said with a smile.

Katrina rolled her eyes. "I'm going to get more refreshments." She said walking inside.

As she got fixed another bowl of sweet chex mix she felt someone behind her. She glanced over her shoulder to see Brian behind her.

She said started to turn around but he turned her back around pinning her to the counter.

"Brian." She said shocked.

"Shh." He said placing his hands over hers.

He slowly ran his hands on her arms and onto her shoulders. Katrina gasped softly as his hands gently cupped her breasts massaging them causing her nipples to erect.

One hand went to her neck pulling her hair aside and exposing the pale skin there. She could feel his breath on her neck as he leaned in and started placing kisses on her neck.

Her eyes closed at the feel of his lips on her. She gasped softly as his other hand went to her leg slowly pulling up her dress. His hand went to her underwear playing with the fabric.

"Foods ready!" Paul yelled.

Katrina eyes popped open and she turned pushing Brian away. They stared at each other saying nothing. She pulled her dress down walking to the bathroom.

Going she splashed her face looking at herself. "You shouldn't have let him do that you're married."

But you wanted him to do it. Her inner voice told her.

She shook her head taking deep breaths before exiting the bathroom and going back outside.

"Rina are you okay?" Paul asked her as she sat down next to him.

"I'm fine why?" She asked managing a smile.

"Cause Brian said you were sick." Paul said.

She looked up at Brian who gave her a brief glance before he returned to eating.

"I'm fine now." She said as she started to eat.

Throughout dinner she could feel Brians eyes on her. She kept her eyes down. This needs to stop. She thought.

Finally the party was over with after everyone thank her for inviting her and they left she closed the door. Knowing one person hadn't left.

She sighed turning around to find Brian staring at her.

"Brian we need to talk." She said walking over to him.

He said nothing as she came over.

"This thing you're doing flirting with me and touching me it needs to stop." She said. "It's inappropriate and I'm married."

"How long had it been?" He asked.

"What?" She asked. "How long has what been?"

"How long has it been since someone touched you liked I did?" He asked walking closer to her.

Her breath hitched in her throat. "That's really none of your business."

"I'm making it my business." He said. "Cause I know you wanted me to do more than that."

Her eyes widen and she backed up shaking her head.

"No it shouldn't have happened and it won't happen again." She said.

"You don't sound like you're so sure about that." He said walking over to her. "And that's what you said about the kiss but he didn't try to stop me either time."

She gasped finding her back against the door. He placed his arms on both side of her. Making escape impossible.

"You want me to do more don't you Katrina?" He asked huskily.

Before she could answer he leaned down gently kissing her neck. She gasped but didn't do anything. His hand pulled down her dress strap kissing her shoulder.

Katrina tilted her head back giving him more access as he continued to kiss her neck. Her hands were to her sides not touching him but not stopping him.

He started places kisses on her collarbone. She moaned softly. He came back up quickly pecking her lips pulling her bottom one with his teeth.

She opened her eyes as he pulled away.

"Come to my house tomorrow and I'll touch you like you've wanted me to do for so long." He whispered sedcutively.

He opened the door giving her a final glance before walking out.