Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 10

After the movie, which we both agreed was good; Louis drove me back to my flat. Upon arrival, I noticed that Kelly’s car was missing, so I assumed she was probably out with some of her other friends. Kelly had been going out a lot lately and never seemed to tell me who she was with, but I didn’t mind too much. We are adults, after all.

“Well, I guess I have the place to myself tonight” I said

“Is that your way of saying you want me to come in with you?” he said suggestively as he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“In your dreams, Tomlinson” I said as I laughed. “Thank you for taking me out, though. It was a lot of fun.”

“Oh, anytime; I’m glad you had fun.” We reached my door and he turned and smiled at me, embracing me in a hug. It lasted a little longer than most of our other hugs had, but when he finally pulled away I still found myself wishing he hadn’t. He seemed to be thinking the same. “Are you sure that you don’t want me to come in and hang out, at least for a bit?”

“Oh, no, it’s fine. I’m actually really tired, so it’s probably a good idea for me to go to bed.” Then, as if on cue, I yawned, which made Louis chuckle.

“I see. Well, maybe tomorrow, or another day this week, we can hang out again.”

“Definitely! I’ll text you tomorrow and let you know what I’m up to.”

He hugged me again, and then left. I let myself into my flat and decided to settle in for the night. As I walked around, I felt like something felt off, but I tried to ignore it, figuring it was just from being alone. I got my clothes and went into the bathroom and changed and took off my makeup. After I was done, I went back to my room, and that’s when I noticed a note laying on my pillow. “Hmm… maybe Kelly left this here?” I thought, even though notes aren’t really her style. I picked it up and read it, and almost instantly felt my blood turn cold.
“I saw you out today with your new boyfriend. You guys looked pretty cozy together. I guess I can be replaced pretty easily. I wanted to talk to you about it, but I got tired of waiting. So I figured I’d leave this for you. We will be talking later, love.”

It wasn’t signed, but it didn’t need to be. I wanted to sit down, but I was too frightened to move. “How did he even get in here?” I thought, then that scared me more. “What if he’s still here?” I willed myself to grab my phone, and ran out of the flat. I shakily woke up my phone and dialed the only person I wanted to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but I plan on posting the next chapter shortly :)