Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 11

*Louis’ point of view*

I was almost back to the house when my phone started ringing. I saw it was Sarah and immediately answered. “Can’t go 5 minutes without me, love?” I joked.

“Louis, I… come back” was all that she said. My smile faded, it was obvious she was crying.

“I’ll be there soon” I hung up and made the fastest (and most illegal) U-turn I could, and sped back over.

When I arrived, she was sitting outside in her pajamas; she didn’t even have any shoes on. I ran over to her, and before I could say anything, she shoved a note in my face. I read it, and felt myself go from concerned to angry in about a second. “Is this from Zach?” I asked.

She nodded “I don’t even know how he got into my flat, he doesn’t have a key. And I was so scared he might still be there, I ran out here.” She said through tears.

“Ok, well then we need to call the police, so they can check the place out for you, ok?” I said, trying to sound calm for her sake. She nodded as I got out my phone and looked up the number for the station.

……..

The police had come and gone. They checked the apartment, and found no signs of Zach anywhere. They did, however, find that the lock on their window by the fire escape had been broken, which is probably how he broke in. They took statements from us, and kept the note as evidence. They told Sarah that they were going to find Zach and bring him in for questioning, but in the meantime it would probably be safer for her and Kelly to not stay at the apartment. I called Kelly for her to let her know what was going on, and then gathered some clothes up for Sarah.

“C’mon, we have an extra bedroom you can stay in.” I told her. She just nodded in response, and tried to smile for me. I drove her back to my house, and walked in before her to explain to the guys what was going on.

“That’s fine mate, she can stay as long as she needs” Liam answered for everyone as they all nodded in agreement.

“There is one issue though,” Zayn said, “The guest bedroom is currently being used. Perrie is here for a visit, and she brought Jesy with her.”

Damn, I had completely forgotten about that. Before I could try to think of a solution, I heard a quiet voice behind me say, “I can just sleep on the couch, it’s no big deal.” I hadn’t noticed that Sarah had finally followed me in.

“No, no, you’ve had a rough night. The last thing you’re doing is sleeping on this uncomfortable couch” I said quickly. “I have an idea, you can just sleep in my room, and I’ll find somewhere else to sleep, ok.” I could tell she was about to protest, but I walked over and shushed her. “I don’t mind, I swear, this will make me feel a lot better about the situation.”

She just nodded, so I led her upstairs into my room. I cursed myself for not having tidied up at all in the past couple of days, but Sarah didn’t seem to mind. She was still in her pajamas, so I tucked her in, and went to leave.

“If you need anything, I’ll be right down the hall in Liam’s room. Just come wake me up, I promise I won’t mind.”

“Actually,” she said, sounding a little nervous, “After everything that’s happened, I don’t really feel comfortable being alone. Do you think, that, uhh… maybe… could you stay?”

I smiled a little, as I had secretly been hoping she would ask. “Sure, love. It’s not a problem.” I left the room to change, then came back and settled in bed next to her. I turned my back to her, but she immediately wrapped her arms around me, so I rolled over to face her. She had started to cry again.

“Thank you” she said between small sobs.

“Shh… it’s ok. I’m just glad you’re safe.” I said. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer. She laid her head on my chest, and we were asleep within minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, short, but the next one will be better I swear!