Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 13

We got to the house, and Kelly seemed a little nervous to be walking in the front door. “What if the guys get mad?” she whispered to me.

“It’ll be fine” I smiled at her reassuringly. We walked in and went straight into the living room, where all the guys were hanging out, and before anyone could say anything, I sang, “Oh Niallll, I brought your girlfrienddd!”

Everyone’s head’s snapped up and looked at us. Kelly started blushing, and Niall started stuttering, “Umm… what… uhh… Hi Kelly!” he said nervously.

The boys all turned to him and Liam said, “Keeping secrets, are we Niall?”

“No! I mean, I guess. We only became official last night!” he said defensively.

“But Niall, we don’t even know her,” Harry said, getting up and walking over to Kelly, looking like he was examining her, “How do you know we’ll approve?”

“Oh, guys, c’mon,” I said, “You approve of me, and she’s my best friend, so that should be, like, an automatic in.”

“I supposed you’re right.” Harry said, “Although you’re not a girlfriend. Yet.” He gave me a pointed look, and Louis jumped into the conversation.

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means you haven’t grown a pair and asked her yet, mate.” Zayn said from out of nowhere.

Louis started to blush, but before the conversation could go further, Liam piped in, “So, does this mean you’ll both be staying here then?”

“I mean, if it’s not too much trouble. We don’t want to impose.” I said.

“No, no, you’re not at all. I just wanted to make sure so I knew to get extra food and stuff when we go to the store tomorrow.” Liam smiled, he was seriously the best. “Besides, I know I feel better with both of you here, instead of worrying if that psycho is going to try to attack you or anything. And I’m sure everyone else is in agreement.” Everyone nodded in agreement, and I smiled.

“You guys are seriously the best. I haven’t even known you that long, and you’re treating me better than my own family would half the time.” I almost started to tear up, but tried to stop myself. “I just want you to know, I’m extremely grateful for everything.”

They all smiled, and Louis hugged me. Harry yelled, “Ow oww!” and started making kissing noises at us. I rolled my eyes at him and walked upstairs to Louis’ room so I could organize my stuff. I didn’t know how long I’d be staying here, and I didn’t want my stuff to just be thrown around between my suitcase and the floor. A few minutes after I got into the room, Louis walked in.

“Everyone seems to like Kelly.” He said quietly.

“That’s good,” I said as I smiled at him, “I really think her and Niall will be great together.”

“Look, I’m sorry about all their comments about us. I’ve already yelled at them, but if it’s making you uncomfortable I can yell more. Maybe even hit them.”

I looked up, thinking he was joking, but saw that the look on his face was serious. He looked sort of sad, almost, but I couldn’t figure out why.

“It’s ok, Louis, really. And, honestly, my friends have been making similar comments to me, so, I’m kind of used to it.”

“Really?” he said, raising his eyebrows, “What have they been saying?”

“Oh, just that we’re idiots if we don’t realize that we love each other, stuff like that.”

“What do you say back?” he asked me. By now I was standing up facing him, and although I was talking about it in a joking way, he still seemed completely serious.

“I’m just honest, and I say that umm… even if I did like you, you probably wouldn’t like me anyway.” I was starting to feel nervous now. I don’t know why I even said what I did, now I’m just going to look like an idiot.

“What makes you say that?”

“Well, I mean… look at you! You’re Louis Tomlinson, 1/5th of one of the most popular bands in the world. You could have any girl you wanted, why the hell would you choose me?” I searched his face, trying to figure out what he was thinking. He definitely had to be thinking I was some kind of idiot. Without responding, he just walked over and put his hands on my waist, while resting his forehead on mine.

“Sarah… you’re right, I probably could have any girl I wanted. But there’s just one problem.”

“What’s that?” I asked. I could hardly breathe, he was so close, and I was starting to realize more and more just how much I might really like him. But I couldn’t get into a relationship with him. I had just gotten out of one, and with everything going on I’m just an emotional wreck. That’s not fair to him. But he smelled so good; and looked so handsome. And he was definitely the sweetest guy I had met in a while. It would be nice to be with someone like that. Oh, all these thoughts were just so confusing. I couldn’t handle it.

“’Any girl’ isn’t you” and then, without warning, he kissed me, and the only thing I could think at that moment, was how screwed I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was almost going to wait a little to post this one, but then I already had it written, and i was so excited about it I just couldn't wait. It's a little cheesy, but I don't know, I kind of love cheesy :)