Write It Down, Without a Sound

Journal Entry: Nine - Eleven.

June 12th

Dear Journal,
Days like today remind me how different I am and how people can be so rude.
I was asked by Jared to do a quick coffee run this morning when Nate pulled over for a break from driving and easily agreed. I got everyone to write their orders out for me and ran off to the closest shop. The guy who was serving couldn’t be more than eighteen years old took one look at the list, practically shoved it back into my face and made some slide comment about only taking orders when spoken to.

I was shocked. He just laughed at me and told me to get out of the shop and come back when ‘the cat lets go of my tongue’. Not for the first time in my life I wish I could yell. I walked out the shop calmly as possible then rushed back to the bus. Safe to say I spent most of the morning hiding my bunk wanting to be alone. Well alone as you can be on a bus with a bunch of guys.

I told John and Pat what happen and we didn’t leave for a long time. I don’t know what they were doing but Jared came to my bunk after a while with a cream and custard donut from a different coffee shop he found. That cheered me up a bit. I gave him one of the stickers me and Pat brought the other day at the mall. He played though the bands set with it on his shirt.

June 14th

Dear Journal,
Another busy day out on the road. Nothing much happened out what is slowly becoming the ordinary. I cleaned the bus for the guys (first proper clean this tour, I think. And the amount of dirt I swept out, wow.) Tagged along as they walked around the grounds, helped set up the signing/merch tent, helped them set up for sound check and even got to play with the stage lights. I saw Rian from ATL at one point running past in a rush, but he made enough time to smile and wave.

I think I’m actually getting used to all of this, not so much all the people around and people the guys know coming and going from the bus. But the idea of being on the road and living in the bus with the guys. It’s busy a lot of the time and a bit stressful but not enough to give up and hideaway in some corner. I think I wrote somewhere back in this journal along the lines of ‘fucked up social skills’ that’s not entirely true, at least in some people’s views that’s a loose way to describe it. I’m fine with talking to people, shy but alright. It’s just that I worry about what people think about me too much, I think. And the way that I communicate.

I spent most of yesterday thinking about that after that jerk in the coffee shop. Its people like that, the ones who judge, who don’t care, that put me off being so open. I got it enough during school and I know there will always be people like that, but I guess I was wishing that I would get lucky and somehow manage to avoid them. Sometimes you can’t have everything you want.

To be honest I have never really talked to anyone about this before. It would nice to get someone else’s view on it, to see what they think and have to say. Maybe I should take Kennedy up on his offer from that note? He seems to be a good listener and is always honest. That’s one of the things I really like about him. Couldn’t hurt to try...
Sometimes I worry about what I write here. Too much. Too personal. If anyone reads this, fuck, I don’t what I would do.

Update – I just tried to talk to Kennedy. Before I could bring the subject up I noticed he was about to fall asleep at any moment, so I’ll try another time. Note to self: next time I try to help him to his bunk, remember he isn’t as light as he looks.

June 15th

Dear Journal,
Today was the start of the ‘2013 Warped Tour Volleyball tournament’ as John announced when he was herding us all off the bus. Apparently a bunch of members from different bands (including John, Pat and Garrett) were hanging around the food tent this morning and somehow decided a makeshift volleyball contest was in order. Along with a mega game of beer pong at eleven in the morning. Ha, the things that happen on tour.

It ended up being The Maine, All Time Low, Pierce the Veil, Fall Out Boy, This Century, and a few others that I can’t remember putting their names down to play. There were quite a few people. I think I even saw Oliver Sykes watching at some point.

It was pretty awesome to watch, quite entertaining to say the least and these guys sure know how to make fun out of just about anything. I sat and watched from under a tree for most of the time and took pictures and videos. They tried to get a girls team going, which I wanted to join, but hardly any wanted to play that could be found. Kennedy and Pat let me stand in for them for five minutes here and there when they were puffed out. I almost hit Alex Gaskarth in the head with the ball the first time I was let on court. Ha ha oops!

I got to have a good chat with Zack Merrick about photography for a while in between matches. He was taking pictures of the games and even showed me other pictures he had taken lately. There was one he took of the sunset yesterday with a line of tour busses as solutes. It was stunning, absolutely gorgeous! I told him that and he actually blushed a little. I never made someone blush before, it was quiet endearing.

Because there was so many bands playing the rest of the contest is going to be played on different days, over the next couple of weeks. The Maine won one match and came a draw with All Time Low in the other. I can’t wait to see who wins the contest in the end. I think it will be a close call between The Maine, All Time Low, Blessthefall and Fall Out Boy at the moment after what I saw today. Apparently everyone is going to all put in to get prizes for the winners, it’s a good idea.

Today really reminded me how lucky I am to be on this tour and seeing all these bands. I’m a little star struck to be honest, even for the bands I don’t like. Holy shit. I think it just sunk in that I saw Blessthefall and Fall Out Boy in person today! Excuse me as a flail around for a moment.

I would write more about it but Garrett has just challenged me to match of Call of Duty or whatever we’re playing tonight. I can smell Kennedy making popcorn already and I’m hungry. I was late to the food tent tonight and there was basically nothing left by that time. I’m shocked they managed to run out of food. Then again, with the way just the guys on this bus eat, I shouldn’t be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, hope you liked it :)

Happy New Year everyone!