Status: will be updated whenever I get inspiration

The Fear of Falling Apart

three

The plastic stick rested in her hands as she cursed for being so stupid, two pink lines. Two. Slamming her head back on the bathroom cabinet behind her, she couldn’t suppress the groan that had escaped her lips. She should’ve checked this over two months ago, but her body had been functioning weird for the majority of her life, the fact she had diabetes didn’t help her body’s irregular monthly patterns. But as her eyes cast down to the stick again, she felt in a trap, a triangle. She slammed her head back again another string of curse words in her native language passing her painted red lips.

Sighing loudly, she stood up, searching for her phone as she hid the white plastic stick behind the toilet, knowing that he wouldn’t find it. As she found the iPhone device, she clicked the lock button, seeing a picture of her and Tom flash up at her birthday a few months ago – her twenty first. Another groan then falling from her lips as she dialled the one number she needed too at the moment, the person who knew how to help her.

“Summer? It’s me.” She murmured, the other participant vowing to be there in five minutes as the phone line went dead. Shoving her phone back into her pocket, Robin headed through the small one bedroomed apartment her and Tom snuggly lived in, into the kitchen to get a glass of water, before sitting on the breakfast bar stools and waiting for Summer’s arrival.

Anyone who knew Summer Stone knew exactly what she was like when she was on a mission, the five foot nine; size eight, muscular hockey player was incredibly frightening when annoyed – even some men.

But it didn’t stop Robin and her from forming a great relationship with one and other, playing hockey with one and other in high school until they graduated, Summer continuing to play hockey, being selected for team GBs hockey team while Robin opted to go to university and train to become a high school music teacher.

Interrupting her thoughts, a large and rapid knock was placed on the front door of apartment 22B. Causing Robin to slide off the leather black stool and head towards the door, opening it to be pulled into a bone crushing hug by the elder female – six months between their ages. Her eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses as her dark brown hair was pulled up into a pony tail, sweats and a hoodie on her frame as it dawned upon Robin that she had been training this morning.

“Right, sit down and tell me all.” The muscular female demanded, shutting the door as Robin nodded, heading into the kitchen to get a drink for them both to have while Robin explained the situation. It wasn’t long before the pair had gathered in their usual spot, a cup of orange juice in their hands as Robin began to explain the situation, Summer leaning back in her chair as she sighs, running a hand down her face with a frown.

“You need to tell him, quick.” Is all Summer manages to say as Robin leans her head back, blowing a large amount of air from her lips in an attempt to calm herself down so that she doesn’t cry. Nodding, she agrees with Summer’s point, referring to telling Tom.

“But what if he leaves me?” She questions, her voice trembling as Summer shakes her head with a small sigh, knowing full well that he wouldn’t do that.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t.”