Status: will be updated whenever I get inspiration

The Fear of Falling Apart

five

Oliver watched as Robin slept, her body worn out after the nine hour labor - which Tom had missed. Her daughter, Mae Elizabeth Sykes had been born at roughly thirty five minutes past nine that evening. Just over an hour ago. But as she lay asleep, he couldn't help but notice just how beautiful his brothers girlfriend was.

Scolding himself, he shook his head, the door of the room opening as he looked up, seeing her mother - a woman in her late forties with white blonde hair and blue eyes just like her daughter.

"Tom? You've changed." The elder woman frowned at Oli as he stood up shaking his head at her comment.

"I'm not Tom, I'm his brother. Oliver. Lovely too meet you Mrs Granger." He offered his hand out as she looked at him, repulsed by the various inks on his limb.

"Oh. Well, let Robin know I dropped by please and I'll be back in the morning. Give her this too.." The woman sighed, handing Oli a bag containing various clothes for the child.

"What did she have in the end? Robin doesn't really tell us much.." She trailed as Oli looked awkwardly at his vans, shuffling slightly as he held the bag in his hand.

"A girl, Mae."

"Pretty name." Oli hummed in a response as she nodded, patting his shoulder awkwardly.

"See you round, Oliver." With that, she walks off down the corridor, her heels clicking as Oli watches awkwardly, heading back in the room a few seconds before turning on his heels and heading back into the room, Robin still asleep as Oli sighs to himself.

"I wish I could just tell you, Robin. I wish I could just tell you how much you drive me insane because you're so god damn beautiful and you deserve the world. But you have a boyfriend and I'm so fucking awkward it's unreal. Just know that if you were rain, you'd be a hurricane while I'd be a drizzle." He speaks softly, his voice holding raw and passion emotion as he smiles at the fact no-one can hear his confession towards his brother's girlfriend, his future sister in law and the mother of his child/niece.

Little did he know, Tom heard every word as he stood outside.