Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

I Won't Blackout

[Bo]



I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. One, I was in Jaime’s shirt and Vic’s jeans. Two, I was bolting across Warped Tour, weaving in and out of crowds with no shoes on.


Mental note: Don’t get smashed the night before an early performance.


Checking my phone, I saw that it was 11:55. Five minutes.
 I was out of breath by the time I got to the stage, which just so happened to be the furthest from our buses. A quick nod to the security guard and I was backstage.


“Bo! Thank fuck you’re here, we though we might have to go on without you.” Chloe walked up and gave me a hug.


“Don’t pull that shit again.” Tom, our tour manager said, walking over to me not looking very happy.


“It won’t, I swear.” I said, running my hands through my hair in an attempt to get it looking decent.


“Everyone else is on stage so you better get your ass up there.” Tom handed me my guitar and walked off. My stomach started rumbling and I realized with a sinking feeling that I hadn’t eaten a thing since last night, and couldn’t for a few more hours.


“What happened? Are you okay?” Chloe asked, eyeing me carefully.


“Fine. I’ll explain later. Are Sam and Jeremy good to go?” I asked, lifting the strap up and over my head.


“Yeah they’re ready- what the fuck happened to your shoes?” Chloe gasped as she saw my now muddied bare feet.


“Long story, now lets get up there.” As I passed her and started to walk out on stage she grabbed my arm.


“Is that.. Jaime’s shirt?” Chloe asked, eyes wide. I nodded, adding,


“And Vic’s jeans.” Without waiting for her reply I strode out on stage, big smile and waving at the enormous crowd waiting for us. A giant cheer rose up as we all stood together.


“How we going Orlando!” I shouted into the microphone, my fingers strumming a little to get warmed up. We were greeted with a roar in response. 
“Holy shit, I can’t believe how many people are here! I thought we were just a little band from Melbourne but this is insane, are you all excited and having fun?” Another roar and chills went up my spine, giving me the rush of performing that I’d always loved. 
“Are you ready Orlando? Let’s go!” I shouted, my fingers picking up the tempo as we launched into our first song.

Half an hour later and it was time to play our last song.


“You guys have been fucking incredible!” I was tired and sweaty, but on such a buzz. I didn’t want our set to end, forty minutes just didn’t seem long enough. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Vic and Jaime standing at the very back corner of our stage, so I flashed them a smile and they nodded in return.

How long had they been there? Anyway.


“We got one last song for you guys. It’s called ‘The Downfall Of Us All’ so if you know the words, I want to hear you sing as loud as you can!”

♪ It’s not easy making a name for yourself, where do you draw the line?

I never thought I’d be in this far.

Let’s have some fun and never change that for anyone

Try not to miss me when I’m gone
I sold my soul to the open road, I’ll live my life alone ♪




The crowd went nuts as I held the microphone out to them and they sang back;



♪ You won’t find me in the same spot believe me I could never stop,
 my life’s turned upside down!
Meet me out past the train tracks, I’m leaving and not coming back
You’re right and I was wrong, this town will be the downfall of us all!

I’m gonna need you to try and follow along,
I did the best that I could to try to write you songs

Now go tell them we sold out, like we’re the ones who changed
I write what I feel, I say what I mean

You can’t buy sincerity

I sold my soul to the open road, I’ll live my life alone


You won’t find me in the same spot believe me I could never stop,
 my life’s turned upside down!
Meet me out past the train tracks, I’m leaving and not coming back

You’re right and I was wrong, this town will be the downfall of us all!

Don’t forget yourselves, we made up our minds
And we signed 3! 4! 5! on that dotted line
Don’t forget yourselves, we made up our minds
And we signed 3! 4! 5! on that dotted line

You won’t find me in the same spot believe me I could never stop,
 my life’s turned upside down!
Meet me out past the train tracks, I’m leaving and not coming back

You’re right and I was wrong, this town will be the downfall of us all!

You won’t find me in the same spot believe me I could never stop,
 my life’s turned upside down!
Meet me out past the train tracks, I’m leaving and not coming back

You’re right and I was wrong, this town will be the downfall of us all!

This town will be the downfall of us all! ♪




“Thanks guys, you’re fucking great!” And that was it. A grin was plastered across my face as I walked to the front of the stage and tossed a few of my picks into the crowd. Sam and Jeremy did the same while Chloe launched her drum sticks from where she sat behind her kit. One final wave and we headed off stage.


“You guys were great! Well done.”
 Vic was high-fiving everyone as they walked off stage while Jaime was slapping everyone’s butt.


“When did you guys get here? I thought you had a signing to go to.” I asked as we began to walk back to the buses.


“It got moved to this afternoon, we’re signing the same time as you guys are actually.” Vic was leading the way, talking over his shoulder.


“That’s so cool!” Chloe said, matching strides with Vic.


“Yeah, we can bump your table when you’re writing so you mess up your signatures.” Jaime snickered. Vic turned around and just stared at his bandmate.


“You’re so immature, I’m almost think you’re worse than Tony.” I couldn’t help but laugh at their banter. Not a second later, my stomach made me aware of just how hungry I was, the post-performance buzz beginning to wear off. Soon we arrived back at our buses, and lucky we did because my legs weren’t far off giving way.

Chloe was standing at our bus door for what seemed like hours until she turned around and gave me some bad news.


“Uh, you don’t have the keys do you?” she asked. 
I groaned internally. Not again.


“Why would I have them if I couldn’t get in earlier?” I said wearily.


“Oh, good point. Are you alright?” Chloe walked over and touched my arm gently.

“You’re really pale, what’s up?”


“Well, I haven’t eaten since last night and I drank so much I think I’ve got vodka for blood. Combine that with sleeping in a bush and you get one killer hangover and a very sick Bo.”
 I didn’t have the energy to laugh at my own joke.


“Aw girl. What can I do?” she asked, her eyes full of concern. After a weak smile I said,


“I’ll be fine, just me whining as usual. If you found the keys soon that’d be great though.”
 Chloe leaned against the bus while she thought. After a moment she snapped her fingers and said,


“I know where they are! I gave them to Jeremy so I wouldn’t lose them. But he’s seeing New Found Glory at the moment..” She trailed off.


“Go get them off him, I’ll just hang with Pierce the Veil until you get back.” My legs were beginning to ache.


“Okay, be back soon.” Chloe turned on her heel and started walking back towards the stages. Moments later I was knocking on PTV’s door.


“Hey Bo, what’s up?” Vic answered the door with a smile.


“Chloe left the keys with Jeremy and she’s gone to get them so I thought I’d hang with you guys for a while, if you want to put up with me for a little longer that is.” I laughed.


“Yeah of course! Come in. I don’t know where Tony, Jaime and Mike are though.” 
He paused. 
“Mike’s probably being sick somewhere, I haven’t seen much of him this morning. Hope he’s okay.” I took a seat and smiled at Vic.


“Aw, aren’t you cute playing the caring older brother.” I cooed. 
He beamed.


“Yup! Someone’s got to take care of him, god knows what shit he’d get himself into if I wasn’t around.”
 It was so cute how well they got along. Of course they had their fights like normal siblings, but you could tell that they both cared deeply for one another. I smiled to myself and leaned my head back as I thought of my own brother and how we shared a similar bond. Seconds later everything faded to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just going to keep posting because I re-read this and have ideas again yay

'The Downfall Of Us All' obviously belongs to A Day To Remember (If I owned it why the hell would I be writing fan fiction)

Title Credit: Breathe Carolina