Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

I Could Stay Lost In This Moment Forever

[Jaime]



“Get a paramedic!” I yelled, kneeling at Bo’s side. Blood was still gushing out of her nose. Vic nodded and took off, Chloe following closely behind him. I knelt down next to her, pushing her hair away from her face.


“Bo, can you hear me?” She remained still. Chloe knelt down next to me.


“Should we sit her up?” She asked.


“I don’t know.” Bo was lying dead still on the ground, her chest the only indication that she was still breathing. I couldn’t stop staring at her, my heart thumping.


“What happened to her?” The paramedic soon replaced Chloe at my side.


“She came off stage and her nose was bleeding, then she collapsed out of nowhere.” The paramedic gently rolled her onto her back.

“Her name?”

“Bo.” Chloe said when I didn’t answer. My eyes were still fixed on her lifeless frame.


“Bo. Can you hear me?” No response. 
“We’ll get her back to the medical tent and put her on a stretcher so we can keep an eye on her until she wakes up.” The paramedic slung his bag over his shoulder and slid his arms under Bo’s body, lifting her gently. The whole lot of us - Vic, Jeremy, Sam, Tom, Chloe and I all followed the paramedic down to the medical tent. It was only a short walk, which made me realize why they had gotten the paramedic here so quickly. He put her down on a makeshift stretcher bed inside, checking for a response and taking blood pressure. A drip was also inserted into her arm.


Soon, the paramedic approached us.


“It seems that she’s collapsed from exhaustion, has she been run down and tired lately?” He asked.
We all nodded.


“She’s had nightmares too, so I know she doesn’t sleep well.” Chloe added. The medic nodded.


“Insomnia is usually a big factor in these sorts of things. She’ll be fine after a few hours rest, I’ve hooked her up with an IV to get some nutrients into her. One of you is welcome to wait with her, but only one.” The medic walked off. Just as I was about to volunteer to sit with her, Vic pulled my arm.


“I know you want to Hime, I do. But we have a show to play.” His eyes were dead serious.

Fuck, the show. I’d totally forgotten about it.

I was torn; half of me wanted to go out and do the show, but half of me wanted to stay here.
 Reluctantly, I nodded.

“Chloe’ll take good care of her Jaime.” We said our goodbyes and stepped out of the tent, walking off towards our stage.


“You.. you really care for her, don’t you?” Vic said softly. All I could do was nod. 
“I can tell. I’ve never seen you so protective over someone.”


“Doesn’t matter though, she doesn’t like me back. I can tell.” My voice was soft and full of sadness.


“Oh Jaime. You don’t know that. And so what if she doesn’t? She’ll be missing out on one of the most amazing guys on the planet. She’d be a fool not to be falling for you too.” Vic was perfect in times like these, knowing just what to say.


“I don’t know, Vic. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.”


We’d arrived at the stage and got geared up to go on stage. The show was awesome, as usual and the crowd was insane. But my heart wasn’t in it. It was with my mind, praying that Bo was going to be okay.



[Chloe]



The seat the medic gave me was absolutely shocking. No matter how I shifted, I couldn’t get comfortable. After a while I gave up altogether and sat on the ground, leaning with my back against Bo’s bed. As my eyes began to drift close, I tried to shake myself awake. It didn’t work, and soon enough sleep took hold. 

By the time I woke up, it was dark outside. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up.

Shit. How long have I been asleep?

A rustle behind my head caught my attention and I stood up.


“What are you doing?” I asked. Bo was sitting up, picking at the tape holding her drip in place. She winced as it came off, and again when she pulled the tiny needle from her arm.


“Leaving, what does it look like?”


“Bo! You can’t just leave. You collapsed, that isn’t normal. You should be checked out properly before-” Bo had walked off, leaving me talking to myself.
 There were times when I could hit that girl.
Shaking my head, I jogged out into the night after her.


“Chloe, I feel better. Why should I stay?” She said when I caught up. Her comment caught me by surprise and I stopped.


“You feel better?” She nodded and took off again, a small cough escaping her lips.


“I’ll take some cough syrup and vitamins, then I’ll be good as new in the morning. Like I said earlier, I just needed a decent sleep. Now Jeremy better have food ready when we get back or he’s a dead man.”


As we continued walking, I felt a little ball of tension in my stomach disappear.

She sounds better. That and she wants food, so that’a gotta be a good thing.


Five minutes later we got back to our buses, being greeted by the smell of food.


“What’s cooking guys?” Bo said as we stepped inside.


“You’re okay!” Sam shouted, tackling her in a hug.


“Nice to see you looking better Bo.” Jeremy mused.
 Bo flopped onto the couch. 


“Something smells good, what are you making?” She said cheerily. Maybe she did just need a decent sleep.

“I made two minute noodles, but only for me and Sam because you guys weren’t here.” Jeremy said, pulling two paper cups from the microwave.


“That’s cool.” Bo was back on her feet, roaming the cupboards.


“Hmm..” She trailed off, standing in her tip-toes to look into a particularly high cupboard.


“Chloe, what do you want? I’m having mac and cheese.” She said, reaching into the cupboard and pulling out a packet of microwave mac and cheese.


“Sounds good. And so do you girl.” I said. She smiled.


“I didn’t want to say ‘I told you so’ but I will.”

Yeah, she was definitely better.


Fifteen minutes later, we were both munching on possibly the best mac and cheese ever.

“Dudes!” We heard a voice yell out, the door to our bus being opened a second later.
 Mike and Vic walked in.


“Bo! Good to see you aren’t dead.” Mike joked with a smile on his face. 


“Can’t kill me off that easily Mikey boy.”


“We can only try.” There was no trace of seriousness in Mike’s voice whatsoever, just a tone that said he was glad Bo was okay. I smiled and laughed at how absurd our friendship with these guys was.


“What?” Vic looked at me, a puzzled look on his cute face.
“I just think it’s funny how your brother’s way of saying ‘Glad you’re okay’ is joking about killing Bo. It’s great.” I scooped up the last lot of macaroni and stuck it in my mouth.


“What can I say, he’s adopted.” Vic said with a straight face and I nearly choked from laughter. Mike just grinned.


“They didn’t want their other kid to turn out like you so they thought they’d be better off with someone else's.” Mike laughed.

“Anyway. We’re having a movie night, you guys want to join?” Vic said. 


“Of course!” I shouted a little too enthusiastically.


“I’m good, going to have an early night.” Sam said with a shake of his head. 
Bo nodded, her mouth full of macaroni.


“Jeremy?” Mike raised an eyebrow at him. Jeremy nodded.


“Yeah sure. I think we have some popcorn in here somewhere. I’ll make some up and we’ll be over in like 10.” My heart jumped at the thought of spending the whole night cuddled up with Vic, watching movies.


“Oh and bring some blankets and shit because if you want to just sleep wherever it’s probably easier that way.” Mike added. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Vic’s cheeks go red.

“Will do.” I nodded. They stepped out of the bus and I stood, putting my dishes in the sink. Someone needs to do some washing soon, I thought as I eyed the growing stack of plates, cups and bowls now spilling on to the counter.
 Jeremy had already pulled out the popcorn and was putting it in the microwave.


“Bo, you and I are doing blanket runs. Grab as much as you can and I’ll get the pillows.”
 She sprung to her feet and began pulling blankets and doonas off our beds. I followed suit, snagging a bunch of pillows.


“See you there Jeremy.” Bo yelled, looking for all the world like a mountain of blankets. I couldn’t even tell where her head was. We just managed to squeeze through the door of the bus, and halfway across the lot Bo fell over, throwing blankets everywhere. I was glad she was okay. Tears ran down my face as I laughed and tried helping her up, piling on the mound once more once she was upright.



[Jaime]



Mike and I were just piling up the movies in the back room when a knock sounded at the door.


“I’ll get it!” I said, putting the DVD’s I was holding down. 
Mike just grinned at me. As soon as I’d heard Bo was feeling better and joining us, I’d been running around like a little kid on a sugar rush.
Yanking the door open, I was met with what seemed like a blanket mountain.


“What the-?” I started as the mound started speaking.


“Mike said to bring blankets and pillows so here they are.” Came a muffled reply. Silently I stepped to the side and let the talking pile of blankets inside.


“Hey Preciado.” Bo said, peeking out from underneath the mountain. That makes more sense now.


“Hey. Good to see you’re feeling better.” And I really was. The last few days I’d been so worried about her, not knowing what was wrong. It was such a relief to know that it was just exhaustion.


“Just chuck them down the back.” I said, Chloe following after with an armful of pillows.


“Thanks.” Just as I shut the door, there was another knock. It was Jeremy, holding about 5 bowls worth of popcorn. My eyes widened when I took in how much was actually there.


“You guys eat like there’s no tomorrow so I thought I’d make extra.”
 Finally, everyone was here. Heading back to the lounge, Bo squeezed past me.


“Forgot my phone. Be back in a sec.” She chirped.
 Mike and Tony had claimed half of the couch, the other half being claimed by Vic and Chloe. I winked at them and laughed as both of their faces went matching shades of crimson. Luckily for us, before we left for Warped Tour we decided to stack a few bean bags at the back, just in case. Pulling out my favourite blue one, I settled down on the floor and grabbed a bunch of pillows.


“What are we going to watch?” Tony said, flicking through the DVD’s.


“Something decent, no sappy chick flicks. Sorry Mike.” Vic laughed, his arm around Chloe’s waist. They were already so cute, and I didn’t know if they were dating yet or not. 
I made a mental note to ask Vic later.

“The party’s here!” Bo shouted, closing the bus door behind her. We all laughed, a little less tension in the air now she was better.


“Just in time, we need to pick a movie.” I said, looking up at her upside down.


“Nice of you guys to leave me a spot.” She joked, hands on her hips. 


“Your fault for being last one here.” Chloe said, tongue poking out at Bo.
 What happened next surprised me as much as anyone else. Instead of grabbing another beanbag and joining me on the floor, Bo sat between my knees. I saw Mike lift an eyebrow and my cheeks flushed.

“You did such a good job being a pillow the other night I thought I’d use you again.” She said, turning around to look at me with a cheeky grin on her face. That was followed by a few whoops and yells.


“On ya Hime.” Vic said. I rolled my eyes. This is something I was not going to live down soon.


“Aw, Himey Wimey is a good pillow? Naw dats sho cute!” Mike cooed. I flipped him off, my cheeks still red from the realization of how close Bo was to my privates.


“Put something funny on, I think.” She said, reaching for a large patchwork blanket.


“Step Brothers?” Tony asked, holding up the DVD.


“Best movie ever.” Jeremy mused from his beanbag at the end of the couch. He slid the movie into the DVD player and turned the lights off. I felt Bo snuggle down, leaning back against my chest. My chin rested lightly on the top of her head and my hands rested lightly on my knees. I could definitely get used to this .
About halfway through the movie I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Chloe.


“I told you you were special.” She smiled at me warmly, pointing down at Bo who was engrossed in the movie. My heart leapt at the thought, a giant smile spreading across my face.


A couple of movies later everyone was ready for bed. 
Mike turned off the TV and him and Tony made their way back to the bunks. I was nearly asleep, my head resting on the couch. My hands had gone from my knees to around Bo’s waist. I actually don’t know how they got there, but Bo didn’t seem to mind. She was on her phone, texting her brother. Vic was asleep, head resting on Chloe’s shoulder.

“Aw, you cuties!” I cooed, unable to help myself. 
Chloe just poked her tongue out at me.


“Pass me a blanket would you?” She whispered, and I passed her one.


“Who are you texting?” I said, putting my head on Bo’s shoulder. I was probably being a bit touchy feely tonight, but I really didn’t care. I was so happy she was here and okay.


“My brother. I usually call him a couple of times a week, but with everything going on this week I just didn’t have time. He just wants to make sure I’m okay.” Bo said softly, locking her phone.
 Sensing a chance to learn a bit more about her, I said,


“You guys must be pretty close. What’s his name?”


“Oscar. And yeah we are, he practically raised me.” Interesting.


“Oh yeah? How’s that?”
 She turned to face me. 


“A story for another day. Now, sleep. You look exhausted.” Damn. Oh well, at least she’ll tell me another day.


“Do you want to sleep in one of the bunks or on the couch? It would be more comfortable.” As much as I wanted her to stay here with me, I wanted her to be comfortable more.


“Nah. I’m good here.” Every time she smiled at me, I got butterflies.


“Night Bo.” I said, closing my eyes and snuggling into the blanket a little further.


“Night.” 
A few moments later, she said,


“Jaime?”


“Mmhmm.” I sleepily replied.


“Thanks. For the other night.” A smile crept over my face.


“Anytime.” And then sleep. Blissful sleep.

♠ ♠ ♠
For reference if any readers live outside Australia that hasn't heard the word 'doona' before it's the same this a what you'd call a duvet or comforter I think haha (the thickest blanket on your bed)

Also, long chapter update because I've been slack lately, I'm so sorry. I haven't forgotten I've just been busy. I wanted to have a happy chapter with cuteness in it to break up the sadder ones too :)

Much love.

Title Credit: Aerosmith