Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Cause This Was The First Day That You’re Gone

~ The next day ~

[Jaime]


We were standing in Bo’s hospital room, waiting for the doctor to sign her release papers. A nurse was taking the drip out of her arm, while Chloe, Oscar and I stood around.


“No stress or physical activity for a week, then take it easy for the next few weeks. Try and stay as healthy as you can because your immune system will be down for a while, okay?” The doctor signed the last page and we were good to go.


“Let’s get you home sis.” Oscar said, leading the way.


“And where is that, exactly?” Bo laughed, siding off the bed. Oscar didn’t reply.


“Come on.” I said, bending down in front of Bo.


“What?” She said from over my shoulder.


“The doc said take it easy, so I’m carrying you out to the car. Hop on.” Bo laughed.

“My lungs are stuffed, not my legs, Jaime. But, I’m not one to pass up a free piggy back ride.” I felt her arms on my shoulders and her legs either side of my hips.


“1..2..3.. up!” I jumped and she shifted upwards, her knees resting on my waist. I was surprised at how light she was. But then again, she had been living off hospital food all week. 
As we made our way to the elevator, Bo wrapped her arms around my neck. 


“You need a shower, Preciado.” Came her voice softly from behind my right ear.


“Sorry, was a bit preoccupied about you nearly dying to worry about my personal hygiene.” I said back with a laugh.


“I suppose that’s alright then.” We’d reached the elevator and climbed in. By the time we reached the bottom floor, Bo’s head was resting lightly on my shoulder. 
She’d fallen asleep. It was too cute.
 Chloe led the way to the car, and soon we’d unlocked it and piled in Oscars suitcase.


“Bo, you can get down now you know.” Chloe said from behind me.
 I turned around as fast as I could with a sleeping person on my back.


“She’s asleep.” I whispered.


“Aw! That’s so cute. Hang on.” Chloe dug into her back pocket and pulled her phone out, snapping a quick photo. 
I jiggled Bo a little.


“Come on Bo, time to wake up. You need to get in the car.” She mumbled something into my shoulder and I felt her shake her head.


Time for a new tactic.

“Bo, I’ll drop you if you don’t wake up.” Sure enough, that did the trick.


“Has anyone ever told you that you’re mean?” She grumbled, rubbing her eyes and sliding into the backseat. I sat next to her and Chloe pulled out of the lot.


“What happens now? How do you get your stuff off the bus if Warped Tour ended last week?” Oscar asked from the passenger side.
 When Bo didn’t answer, he turned around. She’d fallen asleep again.


“Tom would have grabbed it, or they’ll park the bus somewhere until everyone gets their stuff off it.” I replied for her. 
Silence filled the car as we sped back towards the venue. Watching the streets rush by, I leaned my head against the window. Soon enough, I was fast asleep too.


“Jaime, wake up. We’re here.” Chloe was shaking my shoulder, telling me to wake up. I really didn’t want to. The last week had been so stressful, all I wanted to do was curl into a ball and sleep for a week.


“Jaime get your ass out of the car right now!” Chloe was persistent, I’ll give her that. As I opened my eyes, I saw that we were parked next to Bo’s bus, and everyone else was already out of the car. I opened the door and stretched my legs.


“Is that everything?” Chloe asked as Bo came out of the bus, dragging it to the car.


“I’ll do that. You’re supposed to be resting.” I scolded, picking up her bag and depositing it in the car. She made a face at me.


“I just need to do one last check and we should be good.” She turned and headed back into the bus.
A few minutes later, Bo rejoined us outside.



Wordlessly, everyone got back into the car and we headed off.


“Where do you want to be dropped off Jaime?” Oscar asked. I played with my hands.


“I’ll come to the airport with you guys and say goodbye. Vic’ll probably want to come too so I’ll get a lift home with him.”


The rest of the car ride was quiet. I couldn’t believe that Warped Tour was over. It had flown by, especially this week with Bo. It’s all caught up so fast, and now I’ll have to say goodbye as she leaves for Australia. To put it frankly, I was miserable.
 My phone buzzed and it was a text from Vic.



‘From: Vic



Heard the girls were flying out today, meet you at the airport?




I tapped out a quick reply.



Sure.’



All too soon we had pulled up at the airport and checked the three of them in, luggage and all. I couldn’t go into customs with them, so we had to say our goodbyes at the gate. Vic was there waiting for us, looking about as miserable as I felt.
 As soon as Chloe saw him, she ran over and gave him a big hug. 


“I guess this is goodbye then.” I said sadly, looking down at my feet. I knew I was going to see her again in two weeks, but it was going to be the longest two weeks of my life.


“Not goodbye, Jaime. See you later. We have the tour coming up in two weeks, remember?” I looked up and met her eyes. I was surprised to see them full of sadness. Slowly, I nodded.


“We can Skype too, don’t forget! Come on, don’t look so glum.” Bo smiled weakly and put her hands on either side of my face.


What was she doing?


I felt her thumbs rest at the corners of my lips, and just as I was about to ask what she was doing, she pushed her thumbs up lightly, forcing my lips into a smile.


“That’s better!” She laughed, and soon I was laughing too.


“Bo, come on. We need to go.” Oscar said, gently touching her on the arm.
 Almost instantly we both stopped laughing. 
Pulling her into a tight hug, I felt tears prick the back of my eyes.


“I’m gonna miss you.” Bo whispered into my chest. I stroked her hair gently.


“Me too.” I rested my chin on top of her head for a moment.


“Jaime? Thanks again, you know, for everything. It means a lot.” She said softly.


“Anytime Bo.” She pulled away reluctantly.


“See you in two weeks Hime Time.” She said with a small smile.


“See you in two weeks, sunshine.” Before I lost my nerve, I leaned down and lightly kissed the end of her nose. Without another word, I turned around and walked away before I did something stupid, like cry.



[Chloe]



“Vic, I don’t want to go either.” My voice wavered as I wrapped my arms around Vic’s neck, burying my face into his neck.


“Not when things are going so well..” He trailed off. 
Bo and I got our flights changed to when she got out of hospital, which meant I got to spend a little more time with Vic, but I still didn’t want to leave. In the last few weeks, we’d become fast friends, and I‘d fallen for him. Now I had to go back home, thousands of miles away and not see his adorable face for two weeks.


“It’ll be okay. I mean its only two weeks, and we can Skype all the time, right?” I said, sniffing and pulling back from him. Vic nodded, not trusting himself to speak.


“I’m going to miss you so much.” A tear escaped from my eye and made its way down my cheek. Vic reached out his hand and tenderly wiped it away. His hand gently rested on my face, my skin burning at his touch.


“I’m going to miss you too. But think about the tour, and that goes for at least three months. We’ll be able to spend so much time together then.” Vic's voice was small. 
I heard Oscar say that we needed to go, and I looked over at Bo and Jaime. He was resting his head on top of hers, and it looked so cute.


“You might need to take care of Jaime, he looks like he’s saying goodbye to her forever, not just two weeks.” Vic followed my gaze and laughed.


“He’s going to be such a sad sack.” Vic put his hands on my waist and pulled me in for another hug.


“At least you can be sad together.” I sniffed, hugging him tighter. 
We pulled away and I grabbed my bag off the ground, slinging it over my shoulder. 
Jaime had already left, and Bo and Oscar were walking towards the gate.


“Goodbye Vic.” I said softly, taking a deep breath and joining Bo at the gate.


“Chloe!” Vic shouted, running up to me. I barely had enough time to turn around before he crashed his lips into mine. The kiss was so full of passion, full of love. I kissed him back for a moment before opening my eyes.


“I’ll see you soon.” Vic could only nod as I turned around and walked through customs.


“I’m pretty sure thats the cutest thing I have ever seen.” Bo said quietly as we walked through the metal detectors, getting our bags checked. 
I sniffed and wiped my nose on the sleeve of my hoodie. It was Vic’s, actually. The one he gave me from when I stayed over in their bus on tour. He told me to keep it to remind me of him when I got lonely back home.


“I’m gonna miss him so much.” I said softly as we took our seats in the waiting lounge.
 Bo looked so sad when she replied.


“I know. Me too.”

Except she wasn’t talking about Vic.


She was talking about Jaime.


♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me for the cheesy ending, I had to do it and it was fun to write and Chloe is based off my friend bc she wanted to be in it too, yadda yadda yadda

Not quite 100 readers yet but so close, on 98 :D

Have a nice little happy chapter, until the sad goodbyes.

Much love x

Title Credit: Man Overboard