Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

We All Live With Monsters

~ Time lapse: Five days ~

[Chloe]

“Come on Bo! I’ve been waiting all week for this, get your ass in here!” I shouted from the living room. Jeremy and Sam sat next to me, Bo’s laptop hooked up the main TV. We got home about 5 days ago, and today was the day we were skyping Pierce The Veil to sort out the ‘Collide With The Sky’ tour.


“I’m coming, I’m coming. Relax your flaps.” Bo grumbled, walking in with a tray of glasses.


“Here I am, trying to be nice and make everyone Milo, and you’re yelling at me. Seems legit.” Bo squeezed in between Jeremy and I. 
As soon as we’d returned home, Bo announced that she was staying with her brother the two weeks we were home, instead of staying in our apartment. She told me it was because he wanted to look after her, since she just got out of hospital. I knew that wasn’t why, but I didn’t press Bo on the issue. She would tell me when she was ready.


“Finally.” I rolled my eyes and clicked the call button.
 We’d tried to find a way around the time difference, but it was hard. Right now it was 12:30am here, but for them it was 5:30am yesterday.


“Dudes! How you been?” Jeremy said when we were connected.


“Good, been nice to see the family. How about you guys?” Mike said, shifting in his seat. All four of them had managed to squeeze onto one tiny couch, going Mike, Tony, Vic and Jaime.


“Been okay. Feels weird not hearing American accents all the time though.” Sam mused as he leaned back into the couch. I stirred my milo and looked up at Vic.


“Hey you.” I said with a smile.


“Hey Chloe.” He smiled back.
Bo rolled her eyes and shook her head.


“Guys come on, you only spoke last night. Its not like you haven’t talked in months.”
 Vic looked at his feet and Tony laughed.
 I blushed and made a mental note to get her back for that later.


“Anyway, down to business. Have you guys picked out a set list yet?” Jaime asked, leaning forwards on his hands.


“We’ve got most of one. You said we needed ten songs yeah?” Jeremy said, plucking a piece of paper from the table.


“Let’s hear it.” Vic said. He looked so cute in a beanie. It must be cold in San Diego. It sure as shit wasn’t here, the heat was intense. We were all in our pajamas, shorts and singlets all round.


“Well in no particular order we have:

Alive In The Lights

Angels
Sleepwalking

Wasting Away

These Backs Were Made For Stabbing

Best Of Me

I Feel So


and we’re still trying to decide on the last one.” 
We were all pretty happy with the set list even though it had some sadder songs in it. Bo had also asked that we know ‘Angel Like You’. We’re on tour for the anniversary of her brother’s death. This year would mark the sixth year that he’d been gone, and for Bo it never got any easier. I’m guessing she was planning on performing it just on that night, since we’d recorded it but never ever actually played it live.


“I reckon you guys should do ‘Someone, Somewhere’. It sounded wicked on Warped. ” Tony suggested.


“Everyone good with that?” They all nodded and Jeremy added it to the list.


“I haven’t heard a few of those before. Are they new songs?” Mike asked.


“Not really. We have a couple in the works right now for our new album that we might be able to add if we get them sorted while on tour, but these ones are older.” Bo said, draining the rest of her glass.


“You guys are writing a new album?” Jaime half shouted.


“Sure are. Album number three! Don’t know what it’s called or when it will be out though.” Bo smiled.


“While I think of it, I have some, uh, news..” Vic looked away and scratched the back of his neck.


“Good or bad?” Sam asked, sitting up.


“I don’t know to be honest. Either, both, I don’t know.” 
“What is it Vic?” I asked.


“Uh, well when Kevin originally booked the van for this tour and We Came As Romans were supporting us, we all agreed since we’re dudes that it would be easier having one big bus that we’d all travel in, rather than two. Then they cancelled and it was too late to find another bus. It’s up to Bo and Chloe, because if they really don’t want to share a bus with six guys for four months then we can find another arrangement..” Vic looked anywhere but the screen, and I saw that his band mates were eagerly awaiting an answer. 
I looked across at Bo.


“I’m totally fine with it. Are you?”
 She turned to face the screen with a downcast face.


“Um, not really. Why the fuck would I want to share a tour bus with four smelly mexicans and you lot? It sounds terrible.”


“Oh, um okay.” Jaime said, looking crushed. Of course, I knew Bo was kidding. The best part was that they didn’t. 
I bit down on my lip hard to try and stop myself from laughing.


“Sorry guys.” Bo said, her shoulders now shaking with laughter.


“I don’t get it? She just insulted us and now she’s laughing?” Mike looked so pissed off and couldn’t hold it in anymore. 
I felt Bo lean back against the couch and start shrieking with laughter. Sam and Jeremy soon joined in.


“I… can’t believe you guys.. actually fell for that..” Bo gasped out between fits of laughter.


“She’s just fucking with you.” Sam said through giggles.
 Mike shook his and Jaime looked so relieved.


“I’m sorry. I had to, and your faces were absolutely priceless. I’m fine with it, I don’t mind.”
 Vic hung his head in his hands.


“That wasn’t funny, Bo.”


“It was hilarious actually.” She turned to me and we high-fived.
Mike rolled his eyes.


“Okay lets all be serious for a moment. The tour starts on the 1st of September and runs all the way through to December 7th, and that’s the American leg. Have you guys got your flights booked?” Vic took charge of the conversation.


“Yeah we did them last night. We fly into San Diego and you guys will pick us up from the airport right?” Bo said.


“Yeah. You guys can all crash with us or get a hotel, either way it’s fine.” Mike jumped in.


“It’ll probably be easier if we crash with you guys. Cheaper too.” I said. Really, I just wanted to see Vic as much as I could. If I got the chance to see where he grew up, then even better. His face lit up.


“Awesome. That’s all sorted. Basically, you guys need to pack and ship your equipment in the next week or so, so it has time to get here, then just bring your lovely selves. Let one of us know when you land so we can come pick you up.” Jaime said.
 Sighing, I realized that the call was going to be finished soon. We’d been at it for almost and hour, and we were all falling asleep on the couch.


“Sounds good.” I said, shifting in my seat. I wanted to stay in the call as long as I could, I wanted to see Vic, even if it was only for a few more minutes.


“I’m getting more milo. You guys want any? Bo stood up and stretched. Jeremy and Sam both shook their heads. 


“Yes please!” I said in delight, giving her my empty glass.


“What’s milo?” Jaime asked.


“You guys don’t know what milo is?” Bo asked incredulously.
They all shook their heads.


“That’s unacceptable. You’ve been here but you’ve never had milo?” Bo just shook her head.


“It isn’t something you can explain, you need to experience it. We’ll bring some when we come over.” Bo assured, before walking out of the room.


“As much as I missed you guys, I need my beauty sleep. So I’m heading home, catch you guys later.” Jeremy stood up and waved.


“Bye Jeremy!” They yelled. Soon after, Sam followed and Bo came back with our drinks.


“We’ll leave you guys in peace, I’m going back to bed now this shits dealt with. Good to see you guys!” Mike smiled and waved goodbye.


“Bye Mikey!” Bo yelled. We both took up the whole couch now, sprawling across it. Bo laid on her back, legs in the air while I sat cross legged.


“What’s new with you guys?” Bo asked, sipping her drink. She’d made hot milo’s this time, and they were so yum.


“Not much, just enjoying being back home and seeing the family. How about you guys?” Vic said.


“Same old, just practicing in our garage every other day.” I said.


“Is this your house?” Jaime asked. I shook my head.


“It’s my brother’s house.” Bo piped up.


“So you live with your brother?” Jaime said, tucking his knees underneath him.


“Sort of. Technically I live with Chloe, but every once in a while I’ll stay here for a few weeks.” Jaime raised an eyebrow.

Guess he didn’t know that one.


“It’s weird, but it works. You heard me say to Oscar in the hospital when said home, ‘Wherever that is?’ This is what I meant.”

“It’s true. Half of her shit’s in our apartment, half of its here.” I added, taking another sip of my drink.


“How are you holding up since being out of hospital? I hope you’re alright.” Jaime sounded a little worried, if I wasn’t mistaken.


“I’m alright. My chest still hurts where they had that fucking tube stuck in me, but other than that just really tired.” Bo sighed.


“Don’t worry Hime Time, we’re taking good care of your girlfriend.” Grinning, I sipped my drink again. Bo kicked me with her foot and Jaime started stuttering.


“She’s not my.. We aren’t… just friends..” I waved him off as he got flustered.


“Just teasing, Jaime. I know.” He shot my a pointed look.


“Well, we better let you guys get some sleep, it’s like 3am or something there, right?” Vic said. Our call had gone much longer than we’d anticipated.


“Close. 3:30.” Bo said.


“You guys should have told us it was that late, we wouldn’t have kept you up so long.” Jaime said.


“It’s fine. I don’t sleep much anyway.” Bo replied softly.


“Still having nightmares?” Jaime looked so sad that he couldn’t help.


“Yeah. I don’t scream anymore, but they’re still bad. The doctor at the hospital gave me some sleeping pills but they’re super strong so I don’t take them very often.” It was strange hearing Bo be so open about this with other people. Usually it was only me or Oscar that heard about what’s going on in her head.


“Aw Bo. Give yourself a big hug from both of us, okay? Then we’ll give you an even bigger one when you actually get here.” Vic was so cute.


“Sounds good guys. Now I’m off to lay in my bed and pretend like I’m sleeping. Night guys. It was good to see you.” Bo stood up, holding out her hand. I passed my empty mug to her.
“Night Bo, see you in a week!” They called, waving. She smiled and waved back. I saw her go to say something, then think the better of it and walk off.


“I suppose I should go too, have to start packing tomorrow. Well today, technically. It was great to see you guys, can’t wait to begin this tour.” Vic beamed.


“Me either! I can’t wait to see you.”
“Me too.” Jaime stood up and rolled his eyes.


“You’re so cute I want to barf. Night Chloe.” He waved and left, leaving Vic and alone.


“Well, goodnight Chloe. Sleep tight beautiful.” Vic blushed as he spoke. I smiled.


“You’re too cute for your own good, you know that? But night.”
 I clicked the end call button and shut down Bo’s laptop. Switching off the lights, I padded into Bo’s room.
 As usual, it was a mess. The only part of the room that was kept clean was the corner where a red bass guitar stood. It was the very first one she ever owned, the one that Blake bought her before he died.


“Bo, is everything okay? You’ve been really off this week, and it’s not because you’re recovering from the hospital.” I sat on the edge of her bed and she looked over to me.


“Come here.” She patted the bed next to her and moved over. Sometimes talking to Bo is like trying to pull teeth, she just won’t let up. 
I guess she wants to talk tonight.


“You remember Aaron, right?” she began slowly.


“The guy who- yeah I do.” Aaron was the one who’d killed Bo’s brother, and Bo put him in jail for it the week after it happened.


“He’s out. On the streets.” My stomach dropped.


“How?” Bo shook her head and looked down at her hands.


“I don’t know. Oscar called me and told me the night of the party on tour. That’s why I got so drunk, and that’s why the nightmares came back.” 
I pulled her into a sideways hug.


“Oh my god Bo. Are you okay?” This was definitely not good news.

“Is this why you’re staying here instead of with me?” All she did was nod.


“The sooner we get to America, the better. I can’t.. I’m just so scared he’s going to come back here and I know Oscar is scared too.” She looked up at me with fear in her eyes.


“What if he comes after me too, Chloe. What if he finds me and wants to get back at me for putting him in jail?” I’d never seen her so scared.

“Hey it’s okay. One more week and we’ll be in the states, where he can’t find you. You’ll be safe and we’ll be gone a long time. I’ll be there to keep you safe, and so will everyone else.” Her breathing picked up pace.


“What about after? I can’t hide forever, Chloe. I know he’s going to come after me.” She was shaking, so I pulled the blanket up around her shoulders.
 Leaning over, I turned off the light and lay down next to her.


“Try and get some sleep Bo. There’s no use worrying about it now. We’ll talk in the morning.” As soon as I heard her agree, I lay my head down on the pillow.

So that’s why she’s been acting off all week. Any wonder, she’s scared for her life.


Minutes later, I was out of it. 
Almost three hours later, I felt Bo thrash around next to me. She must be having another nightmare.


“Bo, wake up! It’s just another nightmare.” I shook her gently and her eyes flew open, chest heaving. She was covered in sweat.


“You’re okay now, Bo.” She threw the covers off and leapt out of bed.


“I can’t keep living like this, Chloe. It’s wearing me out.” She ran out to the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with a little bottle and a glass of water.


“This is going to knock me out until about dinner time, so don’t try and wake me until then, okay?” Before I could protest, she tilted her head back and swallowed two of the sleeping pills. 
A minute later, she crawled back into bed, the pills already starting to take hold.


“You know how we had the movie night on tour?” Bo said groggily.


“In Pierce The Veil’s bus?” 
She nodded.

“That was the only time I didn’t have nightmares. And I think I know why.” She was almost asleep now.


“It was because Jaime was there..” She trailed off, knocked out by the tablets.

Damn they worked fast.


Settling down into the bed, I fell back asleep, unsure of what the next few months would bring.

♠ ♠ ♠
AAAAAND HOOOORAY!!

WE HAVE OFFICIALLY HIT 100 READERS! Well we hit it the other day but I've been hella busy and haven't had the chance to post anything. But anyway, here we are, part one of the double update I promised you.

I hope you're all enjoying the story and its development. Also I think I have like 10ish regular readers and thats awesome! Thank you so much, I'm sah happy.

Also, I don't own any of those songs (duh) and I know four months is ages for a tour in just America but there are shows every few days instead of every night okay.

Much love!

Title Credit: Oceans To Athena