Status: Updating as soon as possible

It's about the Thrill

The reckless and the brave

Image

I made it into the student parking lot where I left my car and headed past the students, who were practically screaming at each other while throwing themselves at their friends like they hadn't seen each other in five years. I always found it weird to act like that, but maybe it's just me. I mean, they're probably about 22 years old, not some 16 year-old teenager.

I haven’t spotted any of my old friends yet, sadly. Maybe they’re not here yet, no need to feel nervous about it! I told myself as I hurried through the huge doors to make it to class in time. The secretary of the main office mailed me my schedule yesterday so I didn’t need to get it today, or else everyone would be getting theirs today too, which means everyone would be late. My first period was math. Great way to start my first day at college, right? My schedule told me I needed to go to the main building, which was “B”. I thought “A” would be the main building, obviously I was wrong. The college had five different buildings, which would be A, B, C, D and E. I would spend most of my time in building B, though. (Note: I don’t know how college works in countries other than Germany, I hope you’re not confused, haha)

I felt like a lost puppy as I made my way through the crowded hallways, desperately searching for room number 108. I knew it’s on the first floor, but there are so many lockers, so many doors and so many people. I couldn’t quite make out the numbers written on the doors. Fuck, I can’t be late on the first day! They’d think I’m one of those students who’s too lazy to do anything, or even get out of bed to make it in time. Sighing, I stopped dead in my track, causing a few students to run into my back and curse, telling me to keep going.

I eventually found room number 108. It turned out to be the very first room on the floor... I walked past it so many times without even spotting the door. Anyway, I made it in time (luckily) and sat down on one of the desks in the middle. The ones in the back were already taken. I pulled out a few books, a notepad and a pen. The teacher wasn’t here yet, so everyone was still talking. I wonder if they knew each other or just randomly talked to their new classmates. Suddenly, I wasn’t that excited anymore. I hope at least one of my old friends is going to be in my class, or at least in some of my periods, so I wouldn’t be alone. I used to suck at making friends, to be honest. I always had a hard time when I met new people. I’m awfully afraid that they won’t like me. I only had a handful of friends back in high school. Yeah, I talked to some people and class, they were nice and stuff, but we would just... Talk. I never spend time with them when school was over, you know?

“Hey Lu!” I raised my head to see one of my old friends, Stacy, standing in front of my desk with a huge grin on her face. I couldn’t help but feel relieved when I saw her. In high school, we had almost every period together! I’m so glad she’s here. “Hey Stace, how’s it going? I’m glad you’re here!” I told her, still grinning like an idiot. “I’m doing great, I’m also really glad to see you! I thought I’d be alone in this.” She giggled and placed her bag next to the desk she was sitting at. Stacy would never be alone. She always had friends with her and if not, she’d make friends just by snapping her fingers. She was pretty, entertaining and smart, everything I would search for in a friend. I don’t know what others think about her, but everyone liked her so far, if I remembered correctly. “What about you?” she asked, turning in her chair so she could face me again. I shrugged. I’m not sure if I’m actually excited right now or just glad to see her. “I’m okay, I guess.” I said, it sounded more like I was questioning myself, though. “I used to be really excited when I woke up, then I thought about the whole making-new-friends-thing and got scared. I hope they’ll like me.” I whispered the last part, making sure no one heard me being so insecure about myself. Stacy laughed silently while shaking her head, causing a few bangs of her blonde hair to fall in her face. “I’m sure they do! You’re one of the funniest people I know, once they get to know you they’ll think the same, believe me.” We shared a laugh once again and I was about to response, but was cut off by a loud cough coming from the front of the room. The whole room turned silent, the only thing being heard was our silent breathing.

“Good morning, class. My name is Isabella Lockwood.” She wrote her name on the board and I was surprised to see such a neat handwriting. “.. And I’ll be teaching you math.” She smiled bright before taking out her textbook as well. She was young, maybe 30, I think. Why would someone choose to teach math?! I thought, raising my eyebrows at her obvious enthusiasm. I quickly shot Stacy a look, noticing her expression was matching mine. “So you’re thinking the same?” I whispered, getting a nod in response. “Everyone’s just plain confused; it’s so funny to watch their expressions.” She laughed, earning a glare from Ms. Lockwood.
“You may turn to page 23, so we can start at the basics again.” She said, smiling at us again. I think I’m going to like her.

Math was over now and we were sitting on a small bench outside of the school. Stacy and I decided to check our schedule so we could find out which periods we would have together. It turned out we had art, French, music and English together, which was super cool! I felt much better knowing she would be by my side.

“So.” She started. I was watching students walking around aimlessly or eating under some trees, or sitting on random benches like we did right now, when suddenly some guy caught my attention. He was tall, wearing a suit and he looked like he was in a hurry while fiddling with his tie. He looked too old to be a student, so he must be a teacher, a really good looking teacher.

“Are you even listening?” Stacys voice brought me back to reality. I choked out a dry laugh and turned my head to take a second glance at the mysterious guy, but he was gone. “Sorry, I was just lost in thoughts, I guess.” I told her, obviously lying. I could feel heat rising into my cheeks. “Or maybe, just maybe, you were watching this awfully handsome guy walk by. Just guessing.” Stacy grinned, causing me to groan and hide my face behind my hair. I always did that when I was blushing. Stacy knew me too well! “Yes, maybe I was, doesn’t matter, does it?” I mumbled, laughing shyly and still not looking her in the eyes. “I should go; the next thing on my schedule is biology. Are we going to meet at lunch again?” Stacy nodded, smiling. “I might as well go too, can’t be late for gym, right?” she snorted. On the first day we met, she told me how much she hated gym class. Obviously, she hasn’t changed her opinion yet. “Have fun girl, see you later, okay? I’ll text you.” I waved, and then made my way towards the building.

Biology wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be. We sat there, talking and introducing each other. I felt like I was in elementary school, to be honest. The teacher wasn’t the best, either. He was old, boring and seemed to have no clue of what he’s talking about. I also noticed that he used the term “um” a lot.

Later at lunch, I told Stacy the same thing. We were seated at a table in the back of the cafeteria with two others. I met a girl in biology; her name is Kirsten, she seemed funny. I thought I’d drag her along, because she doesn’t seem to have any friends in the class. Stacy also dragged someone along, but I didn’t catch her name. Something like Stephanie, or Stella. I don’t remember.

“I heard there’s this new music teacher. Andrew told me about him today.” Andrew was one of Stacys older friends. “Kara said he’s pretty hot. His name is Mr. Urie, I think. I don’t remember, but it was something like that.” She continued, looking at the three of us.

Music class is the only thing I’m truly excited about right now. I really like playing guitar, so I’m looking forward to it! Plus, hot teacher? Couldn’t be any better, could it? I hope he’s not only teaching the ‘older’ students, but also us, the new ones.

“Hey! Lu! Earth to Lu!” I didn’t realize I had been daydreaming again. I’m doing that a lot, don’t judge. “Sorry, daydreaming.” The four of us laughed and I could feel myself spacing out again.

I’m so excited for music class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short one. Title credit goes to All Time Low.
I'm not good at writing, but I hope it'll change eventually.
Thanks for reading. :)