Seclusion in Shadows

Scarred

Gerard didn't sleep a wink all night. Alicia turned up looking flushed and worried as he was just slightly drifting off. She had brought her handbook that would help her know what to do along with her first aid kit. She and Gerard were whispering worriedly for around five minutes of the conditions the boy was in when he found him and what he had done since then. As Gerard explained all that he had done she started to look through her book for the symptoms the boy was showing.

It seemed he had malnutrition, sleep deprivation and Anaemia along with some of the things she said she wouldn't be able to know without consulting with a real doctor or getting hold of some equipment that are generally only found in a hospital.

As Alicia shuffled into the room, trying to be as quiet as possible she saw a huge heap of blankets and couldn't help but to smile at Gerard's masterpiece for keeping the boy warm. It really did look snug. She made her way over to the pile of blankets to get a closer look at the boy. As she drew closer, for some reason she grew nervous.

As she lifted the covers slightly, she was shocked by what she saw, she openly gasped and drew her hand to her mouth in awe. He was just so... small. So fragile. there is no real way to put it. He was completely damaged. He was so mistreated that he looked barely human, more like a corpse. You could see the veins and even bones in some places of his neck and shoulders. His cheekbones were protruding from the tout skin on his face. It was painful to look at.

He must have felt the draft from the covers being pulled from his body because his eyes slid open and he flinched and brought his limbs inwards, as if he was expecting pain from someone. In doing this he uncovered more of his body. As Alicia gasped, he whimpered. Alicia could now see the rainbow of bruises littering his body,. Some deep purple and others a green/yellow tinge on his pale skin. There were also cuts, small and large. Some were even led over past scars.

Because Gerard didn't want to hurt him he wasn't wearing a t shirt so his chest and upper body was completely exposed to both Alicia and Gerard. The ribs poking out, the way he shuddered when he drew in breath and the large scar running down his spine, curving off at the bottom making an exaggerated J shape. The skin there was lightly above the rest of his skin around the area. He was completely bruised and scarred.