Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 28

Abby followed Charlie and Ashton downstairs to the study of sorts. Charlie walked over and grabbed a big book containing spells and practices. Then they all walked outside to the back yard.

"What I'm I gonna learn first?" She asked.

"How to block things and people with your mind." Charlie said turning to a page. "If they try to attack you you'll put up a force field which will prevent them from getting to you."

"How is this done?" Abby asked.

"That's where I come in." Ashton said standing in front of her. "You're gonna block me."

"Abby concentrate on Ashton." Charlie said. "He's gonna do a pretend attack on you."

Abby shook her head. "I can't do that."

"Yes you can." Charlie said. "Focus your energy on him then put up the field."

Abby watched as Ashtom transformed into a growling bear. He bared his teeth at her. Abby shrunk back slightly. She closed her eyes.

Come on Abby you can do this. She told herself.

She focused her energy. Slowly a purple looking shield appeared from her. Ashton pawed the ground. She squeezed her eyes tighter.

The shield slowly became a whole one she opened her eyes and gasped. It disappeared. Ashton growled and ran towards her.

Abbys eyes widen and she closed her eyes. She heard Ashton let out a surprised growl as he was thrown back. She opened her eyes to find him back in human form on the ground and holding his head.

"Goddamn." He said.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked walking over.

"I'm fine." He said getting up with a small smile. "You did it."

"How was I able to do it so fast?" She asked.

Charlie shrugged. "Some just catch on fast." "In your case it started off slowly then when you were in danger you were able to do it full force."

Abby smiled. "What next?"

"Next we practice telekinetic." Charlie said.

"The ability to move things with your mind?" Abby asked.

"You bet." Charlie said handing the book to Ashton. "It involves like a lot of powers concentration and focus." "Just watch."

Abby watched as Charlie closed her eyes. Charlie moved her arms and hands in a motion. Abby watched as the book slowly floated out of Ashton's hands. It floated for a bit then Charlie made another motion. The book flew into her hands.

She opened her eyes and smiled. "See?"

"It seems difficult." Abby said.

"It's not it just requires a lot of focus." She said. "The only time it gets a little difficult is when you have a big object you're trying to move."

"Now try to get it out of my hands." She said.

Abby looked at the book memorizing where it was then closed her eyes.

The book you want the book. She told herself.

She moved her hands like she saw Charlie do. The book started floating. She then moved her hands a little too fast. It flew and hit her in the face.

"Shit!" She said as it fell to the ground and she grabbed her nose.

Ashton chuckled. "At least you moved it.

"There's that." Abby said picking it up and looking through it. "Charlie can you teach me this one?"

Charlie came over and looked. Her eyes widen. "No ones ever been able to do that one." "Only pure witches are known to have accomplish it.

"Still looking for her Val?" Matt asked.

"Yes still can't find her." She said frustrated. "This little bitch is more trouble than she's worth."

"She is worth it cause we'll all get what we want." He said kissing her and exiting the study.

"Jimmy do we have do continue doing this?" Johnny asked as they laid naked in their bed together.

"Doing what?" He asked playing with his flattened Mohawk.

"Trying to do this ritual and killing people." He said.

"Johnny you know we have to it's the only way we'll live plus it's the only way we'll be invincible." He said. "Why the second thoughts?"

"Cause we've been doing this for so long it's kinda tiring." He said. "And Abby is a really sweet girl and I like her."

"Johnny I love you but your emotions make you weak." Jimmy said.

"The spell of invoking the spirit is one of the hardest spells to do." Charlie said as they ate lunch. "It requires you to call on all the powers of all the witches in your family and your witch ancestors." "When and if you can conjure their spirits up their powers that they had when they were alive goes briefly to you."

"Why is it hard though?" Abby asked.

"Because it's difficult to conjure up the dead then on top of that sometimes the powers of them all can overwhelm a person especially if they aren't a pure witch." She said. "Resulting in the persons death."

Abby gulped. "So it can't be done by a half witch?"

"It's never be done so far." Charlie said. "Though thousands have tried."

Abby nodded and continued eating.

"Abby hate to break it to you but you're gonna have to go back sometime." Ashton said regretfully.

"I really don't want to cause I'm afraid of what they'll do to me." She said.

"Understandably but they're already suspecting something cause you ran off." Charlie said. "Besides now that you know some new tricks you should be okay."

This made Abby feel a little better. She glanced down at her glowing pendant.

"Okay I will." She said.

"You're thinking about Abby?" Brian asked walking into his room.

Karen nodded. "I'm just wondering what's got into her." "She's not accepting this wonderful thing y'all given to us." "It seems like she's more unhappy than she was."

Brian came over. "Some just aren't meant to be what we are."

She turned. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying since Abby isn't accepting this that it's really not good to have her around especially since you're happy and she's bringing you down." He said. "You want to be with me right?"

"He's of course." Karen said. "But Brian isn't there any other way?"

"I'm sorry Karen." He said. "But you know what happens to those who are still holding on to what they used to be."