Status: Completed, with love

Coming Home

Lust

“Are you okay?” Cassadee asked as Derrick came back, looking flustered.

“What? Oh yeah, I just saw Tobias and Jared make out,” said Derrick, wrinkling his nose. Cassadee felt her mouth drop open, before closing up again. That made sense, sort of.

“Are you gonna drink that?”

“Well, uh yeah-“Cassadee stammered as she watched Derrick down both his drink and hers before raising her brow.

“I thought I was the one planning to get drunk,” she smiled. Derrick returned her smile, albeit a little painfully as he pulled her up next to him.

“Come on, I owe you a dance.”

~

They ended up dancing to 3 songs before retiring back to the table, laughing and giggling with Caleb and Angela.

Cassadee felt Derrick pull her close to him, his hand wrapping around almost the entirety of her front waist. The boys had removed their coats, and Angela was well on drunk now as she giggled uncontrollably into Caleb’s arms, murmuring incoherently.

The drinks were still coming on strong, and Caleb was trying his best not to inhale the alcohol like Angela did.

“Come on dude, let loose. We have one last day, who knows when we’ll get drunk again?” asked Derrick as he finished another glass of wine. Cassadee was wedged comfortably into the curves of his body, her body feeling the rise and fall of his and he breathed. She could feel the alcohol take its effect onto Derrick, his arms becoming languid and careless as they brushed onto her skin. Not like she minded.

“I can’t man, she’s wild when she’s drunk,” admitted Caleb. Cassadee raised her brow. She rarely discussed the intimacies of their relationships, and having Caleb openly state it meant that he wasn’t as sober as they thought he was.

“I mean, if I’m dead drunk, there’d be no one else to enjoy it,” he shrugged.

“Caleb, enough,” laughed Angela feverishly, giddy with excitement. Cassadee looked at Derrick, his face smiling. He was quick to dispel from his mood, in fact, too excited as well. But it was something she didn’t want to know now.

Cassadee drank from her glass slowly, feeling Derrick’s breath wrap around her neck like a shawl, shivering from how close he was to her. She didn’t think they were both that drunk, but buzzed enough to blur the lines between normal human interaction and complete insanity.

“Come on guys, it’s late,” said Cassadee, suddenly feeling strangely responsible over her friends who were like animals at a drinking hole made of alcohol.

Slinging her hands around Caleb’s shoulder, Angela squealed louder as Caleb swept her up onto his shoulder- flashing a bit of her underwear in the process. Cassadee shrugged Derrick’s hand off her gently, pulling him up to his feet.

“Love,” Derrick shrugged, and Cassadee laughed. Most of the guests had cleared, and they were the only young people left milling around. As they watched Caleb and Angela hustle out of the wedding hall, Cassadee felt Derrick thread his fingers through her, bumping shoulders together.

“So are you ready for the commitment yet?”

“I’m not that drunk Derrick.”

“Sure you are, you let me touch you just now,” he said and Cassadee looked up at him, his jaw so sharp that she was afraid it would slice her into two. She was used to being the one who was round and soft, delicate. But now she was reminded as she ran her own fingers across her face that they were the same- lean and bony. She wondered how they looked to other people.

“I’d say you were drunk too because you touched me,” she shrugged, wrestling with her emotions as she clutched onto his hand like her life depended onto it. It was such a rudimentary action, hand-holding. But the intimacy of it all scared her- suddenly she felt very much alone after the wedding was over.

She heard him laugh as they walked out into the lobby, his jacket hooked onto his other hand. It was silence until the reached the lifts, before Derrick finally spoke up.

“Yeah okay, I am feeling pretty drunk.”

“I’ve seen you drunk, not a pretty thing.”

Derrick rubbed the nape of his neck, letting of their intertwined hands, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of discussing about him being dead drunk.

“Hey, don’t sweat it,” Cassadee smiled, reaching her arm out, placing it on his arm. Derrick returned the smile, looking at her, watching a small smile blossom at the corners of her mouth as she looked away from him.

Then the lift arrived, and they both entered it in silence.

“Jesus my feet hurt,” Cassadee grimaced as she slipped her heels off, suddenly shrinking in stature once the lift door closed. Derrick had forgotten how small she was, her head barely reached his shoulder. He looked at the way her fingers gently hooked onto the back of her heels, then looked at her toes which were slightly pink.

“Stop staring at me,” Cassadee said as she straightened up. Derrick felt his ears heat up before looking to his left, breaking the tension.

As the lift started moving, Cassadee and Derrick were plunged into a fathomless silence, neither knowing what to say. Cassadee wondered what Derrick was thinking about, and prayed that he wasn’t thinking the same thing as she was- that there was never a better time to have sex.

In the orange lights of the lift, Cassadee looked up at Derrick, staring at his jaw, then his nose, then his eyes. She allowed herself to look at him, bask in his attractiveness, the way she used to. It helped that he thought she was beautiful and it certainly did wonders when he admitted it to her, like it was something he was proud of, like it was something he had.

“Do you remember that night we met?” She asked suddenly. She watched as a muscle twitch in his jaw.

“You mean during or after your comment about the slimy hand job?” He asked, casting a lazy look at her. She felt herself blush. In the entirety of her life, she would never imagine that Derrick and her would turn out this way- that their eventual reunification would be underscored by crass and rude images.

“After, when I introduced you to my study,” she replied just as the lift door opened to their level. She watched as Derrick smiled slightly as they both stepped out.

“I try not to remind myself too much of that Cass,” he replied, casting her a strange look. Cassadee noticed something strange blooming in his eyes.

“Why?” She felt the word come out before she could even stop herself. It came out like a squeak, but Derrick had already heard it.

“Do you really wanna know? I think right now, I literally have no idea how honest I’m going to be,” Derrick said, his fingers carelessly tracing down Cassadee’s arms before enveloping his palm with hers. He was drunk, and Cassadee knew it. She felt that it was unfair that he got to be drunk while she wasn’t. It was like she had an edge over him.

“That’s the point Derrick,” she laughed.

“Because,” he said as he took a meaningful step towards her, pressing her against the hotel wall. Cassadee gulped, realising why she felt the change in his eyes strange. That’s because there was a carnal lust that was there which she had never noticed before. Something unconstrained and something raw.

“Whenever I do, I keep thinking of trying it again,” he said, his lips so close to her nose that she smelt the remnants of whatever they drank during the dinner permeate her senses. She felt her chest rise and fall to his, her palms pressed firmly against the wall, heels dangling from her fingertips. Her heart was racing, she knew it. It was going to happen.

He didn’t have to ask because in a second he enveloped her lips with his and they were kissing. Cassadee didn’t feel the heavens sing or bells ring, she just heard their breathing. Loud and fast, panting, trying to get a hold of themselves. He moved a hand to cup her face towards his, running his thumb down her jawline, to her neck, playing with the edges of her dress. She felt herself shiver at his warmth- it was foreign, because they had never been at this stage of their relationship before. She knew she should have stopped it there, because it wasn’t fair that he wasn’t even fully conscious and she was. But she wanted it too.

Then she pulled away, pressing her head against the wall- looking at him. They were inches away from each other, breathing each other in. She could feel his body press up to hers- the way she had always wanted, the way she had always expected. He was strong, and she let him be in control.

Cassadee licked her bottom lip nervously, her heart hammering in her chest.

Derrick had never seen anything as sexy as that, and he wanted her, more than anything.

Then he kissed her again, roughly, invading her mouth with his tongue and she returned it. She wrestled with him for a while before completely melting into him, forgetting about her shoes, letting them drop to the ground. Derrick let himself press onto Cassadee- just separated from layers of clothing. He felt her stifle a soft groan, feeling it reverberate through her throat as his lips left hers and latched onto her neck.

Cassadee felt him nip at her neck, lovingly at first, before aggressively sucking and running his teeth down the contours of her shoulders, and her collar bone. She felt an erotic heat course through her body as he kissed a soft spot on her shoulder, before gently biting down and sucking hard. Her hands were firmly planted onto his sides, holding him tightly, afraid that if she let go she would lose any semblance of control. His hands roamed her front, jacket forgotten, strewn on the floor.

Cassadee felt Derrick’s hands press against the small of her back, before moving to her rear and pressing her closely to him, their lower half colliding roughly. Then she heard it, that animalist growl that she never realised Derrick was capable of producing.

“Jesus, inside-“he murmured in her hair and she bit her lip in order not to moan aloud as his hands brushed roughly against her breasts. Fumbling for her hotel room key, she handed it to him with shaking hands as they almost sprinted towards her room, guided by the heat of the moment.

“Shit, wait. Shoes!” She whispered suddenly before giggling. She left him to open the door while she padded towards their strewn items on the floor, bending down to gather them up. She hurried back to the room, pushing the door open to see that the bedside lamps were the only light sources on.

She didn’t have time to catch her breath before she felt Derrick push her against the room wall, her head bumping sorely into the wall.

He captured her mouth with his the way you saw an animal hunt- rough and unyielding. Gasping from the impact, Cassadee forgot about the things she had on her hands and dropped them on the ground, feeling his tongue explore the inside of her mouth. She bit his lip softly, teasing him, feeling the way his body tensed up below her. Then he pulled away, staring into her eyes.

Cassadee felt a cold chill spread through her. She realised that she was anticipating this, her stomach working up because she was afraid of what would happen. She knew it would be good, but she didn’t know how else she wanted it to be. For the first time, she felt lost in the bed room. She didn’t recognise the pair of eyes she was staring into, muted with alcohol and lust. Forgetting her sanity, Cassadee latched her fingers onto his shirt, pulling the buttons apart- chucking his shirt aside.

She looked at him, rippling muscles and all. She would never get tired of him and his beauty. He would always outshine her anywhere, and she let her hands explore his torso. Running her hands down his back, fingernails scraping his back slightly. She heard him groan, and her heart swelled with pride, she was making him feel good.

He had his hands placed next to her head, just watching her as she traced patterns into his skin, breathing heavily. Derrick felt his mind churn, not knowing how to think anymore. He felt her run her fingers up and down, again and again before intently giving his groin a tiny, almost insignificant brush.

Then his mind sharpened painfully as pleasure hit him hard. He let out a groan, bringing his head onto her shoulders, biting her neck. He heard her laugh lightly into his ear, teasing him. Then the brush came again, this time a little more forceful. His head burned when heat gathered at his groin, and Cassadee felt him harden up against her.

Then suddenly he flipped her around, sending Cassadee crashing painfully into the wall, her head tilted sideways as he grabbed her hands and held it in front of both of them.

“Stop it,” he breathed raggedly and Cassadee smiled lightly into the wall before biting her lip hard as he used his free hands to grab her clothed breasts.

“It- It zips up at the back,” she gasped as he let his fingers lightly press her chest. She felt subtle sparks of erotic heat shoot down her spine, gathering between her legs.

Then for a moment she felt nothing, just his hand restraining her hands above her head. Then she heard it, the unmistakable sound of a zipper running downwards before the cold air hit her skin. She wanted to twist away as soon as she felt Derrick’s hand on her back, feeling the warmth of him lighting her up from inside.

Derrick watched her struggle under him, looking at her- dress unzipped, hanging off her shoulders, the back of her bra showing. He had never wanted anything so badly before, and the pleasure he felt just by looking at her made him ache longingly. But in the haze of the alcohol, he knew that they both wanted this to last as long as they could physically handle it.

This wasn’t cute or romantic, this was dirty and lustful- how very mature of them.