Status: Sequal!!!

Even Broken Hearts Mend

EIGHT

(After Christmas)

I lean in and kiss him. He depends the kiss and pulls me on top of him so I'm straddling him but I break away when I hear Savvy's little voice.
"Mommy?" She calls and I jump up in a heartbeat and head to her room where she was taking a nap.
"Hello my sweet angel." I say as I pick her up. She will be two in a couple months and her doctor says that she is really smart for her age and uses more words than normal. "Are you hungry?" I ask her and she nods. "Well let's go make you something then, shall we?" I peek into Tommy's nursery and see he is still sleeping and then head to the kitchen where I see Tyler putting his phone in his pocket and grabbing his keys. "Where you going?"
"Practice babe." He says with a grin.
"Oh crud.. I'm sorry I totally forgot. You ready for the game tomorrow? Gotta get ready for those Penguins."
"Geno!" Savvy yells and we both laugh. Evgeni was coming in a day before the game and leaving a day after so he would be here to watch the Stars play the sharks the night before.
"In two weeks baby girl." Tyler says and walks over, kissing her head before kissing me. "Do you think you can get Candace to watch the kids tonight?" He ask me and I shrug.
"I'm not sure, why?" I ask.
"The guys wanted to go out after practice. I want you to come."
"Tyler, that's a guys thing. You go. Have fun." I tell him but he shakes his head.
"Nah I'm good. I'll be home after practice. I love you."
"And I love you." I say, kissing my husband and Savvy giggles.
"Ewe momma! Ewe daddy!"
"Ewe is right!" Tyler says before walking out the door.
"Silly daddy!" I say and Savvy mimics me.
"Siwwy Daddy!"
Tyler leaves for practice and I cook something up for Savvy and then make myself something. While she is sitting in her high chair I go and get Thomas who has now woken up and needed a diaper change as well as a meal. I walk back into the dining room and start breast feeding while talking Savvy.
"Savvy what do you think of your brother Thomas?" I ask her and she looks up at me and him, we are sitting next to her.
"I wuv him momma!" She says happily and I can't help but smile. "Can have more Ommys?" She ask not really being able to say Tommy and I look at her confused.
"You want another Tommy?" I ask and she nods. "You want another brother?" I ask and she nods again with a big cheesy smile as she eats her mac and cheese. I can't help but laugh. "I don't know Savvy, maybe one day."
"No momma! Now!"
"Savvy when did you get so demanding?" I joke and start to burp Thomas. My phone rings on the table and I pick it up, seeing Candace's name. "Hey girl."
"Hey what are you doing?"
"Just got done feeding the babies. You are never gonna believe what Savvy just asked for."
"What was is it?" She ask with a laugh.
"She asked for another brother!"
"Well I'll be damned!" She laughs, "I mean you guys do want more don't you?"
"I don't know.. Maybe when Thomas is like two or so… This new born after new born is too much. I couldn't do it again." I say with a laugh and she joins in.
"Well Is it ok if I head over. I need to talk to you about something."
"Of course. Come on over."
.
.
"Ok so what's going on?" I ask Candace as we sit on the couch together, Thomas in her arms and Savvy playing on the floor.
"Ok well… I slept with Jamie." She says and my eyes go wide as I look at her a bit surprised.
"oh well.. I mean aren't you guys like a thing for a while now?"
"Well like almost a month and a half."
"Well then it's not that bad."
"I missed my period." She says and my heart sinks as she looks down at Tommy, Fear on her face.
"Oh Candace…"This is her last semester in school before she graduates with her Bachelors in Sports Management and she already has a job with the Stars lined up working for me. "Have you taken a test yet?" I ask and she shakes her head.
"I'm too scared. I'm hoping that I'll just wait and my period will show up."
"How many days late are you?"
"About a week, but I'm never late!" She says and I nod. She hands over Tommy to me and I kiss his head before putting him in his little swinging bassinet thing that he loves so much.
"Well I think we should take a test." She looks up at me with scared eyes and I take her hand gently. "Candace I am here for you! I'm not going anywhere and you are not alone in this!"
"Ok well… Should I go get one."
"I actually have some upstairs… Come on." I tell her and she follows me up to mine and Tyler's bathroom. I open up a cupboard and pull out the box. "It's the best." I say and hand it to her. "I'll be right here." I tell her and she nods and gives me a tight hug before going to my bathroom. I sigh as soon as the door is shut.
How could Candace have let this happened? She is such a smart girl! But she isn't ready for a baby! Shit! No one is ever really ready for a baby. She has so many things she wants to do before she settles down…
"Alice…" She says and I look up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really need your thoughts on this before i even start writing the next chapter. So if you want more tell me what you think please :)