Status: Done.

Running from the Rain

Maybe someday.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked as she adjusted his tie because clearly he wasn't doing a good enough job.

A small grin lined his lips as she helped him, "Charlee..."

"What? I know you don't have feelings for her anymore but that doesn't mean it's not weird for you." She replied as she slipped on her heels.

John pulled on the blazer, adjusting the sleeves as the room grew quiet.

"Do you ever think that maybe this is how it's suppose to be? I mean, I couldn't imagine being Eric and honestly I don't want to be. The two of them are meant to be and maybe all this shit I went through was because I was meant to be with you." He stated, turning to look at her, "So no, it's not weird at all because I love you more."

A grin hit her lips as she leaned against the door to his bedroom.

"You look very sexy all dressed up, O'Callaghan." She spoke and he chuckled as he grabbed up her hand.

"Ah well I'm trying not to completely look at you right now in fear of us not leaving now like we should."

She laughed as he drug her out of the house. Sure the last few months had been rough for her, in fact she didn't think she would ever be over her sister passing away but little by little she felt herself getting a bit happier. She was certain that's what Carrie would have wanted so she didn't bother fighting it anymore.

"I mean, Eric must be a great guy simply because you almost stole his girl and yet you're still his best man." She joked once in the car.

"Watch it."

She chuckled and he glanced over at her.

"Or I may need to find another date to this thing." He added.

"Oh well, Garrett's bringing his girlfriend so you could try that or..."

John reached over grabbing her side causing her to squeal.

"You're being a jerk."

She swatted at his hand and all he did was grab hers and link their fingers. Her eyes diverted to him and he kissed the top of her hand. He honestly meant what he said. He didn't feel anything for Jenna at all. He just wanted to be with Charlee and he knew for a fact she was all that consumed his thoughts.

Once the pair arrived at the church they walked in only to have Charlee's name called immediately by Jenna's friend Cadence. John had agreed to come a bit early in order to help Eric out and of course Jenna didn't object to Charlee being here. It honestly didn't surprise him that everyone was drawn to her. He was, so it only seemed logical.

"I'll see you in a bit." He whispered dropping her hand. She looked up at him and he grinned, "By the way, in case you were wondering, you in fact look beautiful today. Then again, I think you always are so that comment probably means nothing."

A blush bit her cheeks and he grinned, pressed his lips to her skin before giving her a wink and leaving her with the girls as he went to find Eric.

"Oh there you are." He spoke as he opened a door and finding Eric already dressed and pacing the floor.

"You ok?" He questioned as he shut the door behind him.

"Oh yeah." He stated sitting down with a sigh.

"You aren't getting cold feet are you?" John asked causing Eric to chuckle, "Not at all. I want to marry her."

"Ok?"

"I'm just, I don't know, can't believe this is finally happening."

He grinned, "I know man, I'm happy for you. You two are meant to be together. Everyone knows that."

Eric nodded, "Thanks. So did you bring Charlee?"

"Of course I did." He responded with a smile as he relaxed in his seat.

"You're a changed man, O'Callaghan. You may not see it, but I do."

John scoffed, "Whatever."

Eric grinned, "Next thing we know this will be you."

"Ok, calm it down."

Eric laughed, "Guess we will see."

John shook his head, "Come on, let me go find Nick and them so we can get you married."

Eric nodded, moving in order to put his jacket on. John walked out of the room in order to find the other groomsmen. Whether he believed Eric or not, he couldn't help but hope he was as calm as Eric was about marrying someone.

The church began to fill up, John had taken his place beside Eric and lucky for him Charlee was close enough for him to see her which relaxed him a bit. In fact it probably wasn't a good idea because once everyone stood for Jenna his eyes were back on Charlee. He then had tons of thoughts enter his head. Like for instance how ok he would be with marrying her. The thought of him waiting on her up here caused him to shiver. He had to force his eyes off her once the ceremony began and all he could think about throughout it was how he couldn't wait to be with her.

Once they kissed and everyone began clapping relief took over him. He was happy for Eric and Jenna. He really was. He knew this was how it was suppose to be and he felt silly for assuming she was right for him when she never was. Now Charlee on the other hand...

Everyone made their way to the reception area and he stood by the door waiting for Charlee to enter. Once he caught a glimpse of her he grabbed her arm and pulled her away from everyone.

"Oh hey." She spoke and a smile broke out on his face, "Hey you." He whispered, bringing his hand to her cheek before kissing her.

"Dance with me?" He asked and she nodded as he gently grabbed up her hand and headed to the dance floor.

"You know..." He whispered as she placed her arms around his neck.

"I've never been to a wedding with an actual girlfriend before."

"Oh man. We must be really serious then." She teased and he chuckled, "Oh yeah."

"So I didn't think you would be the one who cried at a wedding."

"I did not cry." She defended.

"You so did."

"I may have gotten teary eyed but that's it."

"Mhm." He smirked and she rolled her eyes, "Maybe you should have been focusing on the wedding instead of me."

"It was impossible. I tried."

She shook her head with a grin and he kissed her gently.

"I love you." He whispered out, "I really hope you know that."

"I love you just as much, so I do."

He smiled before spinning her around causing her to laugh.

"Let me get us some drinks."

"What if some guy ask me to dance?" She teased and he stood there in thought, "If I know them, sure. If I don't, tell them your boyfriend said you couldn't because he's mean and he hates everyone who looks at you."

She giggled and his smile widened, "I'll be right back, baby."

She nodded and he stepped away and over to the table filled with alcohol.

"John oh, is in love. the world is ending." He heard and looked up to see Nick next to him.

John chuckled, "Who said?"

"I would say it's the most obvious thing in the world, man." He stated patting his shoulder.

John laughed, "Well maybe I am."

"And I don't blame you. She's very attractive."

"Stay away from my girl, Santino." He teased as he poured another drink for himself.

"You deserve it, man. I'm happy for you."

John thanked him before returning to where Charlee was now talking to Kennedy. Charlee accepted the drink with a smile and Kennedy spoke, "Well I'll leave before John gets jealous."

John rolled his eyes as Kennedy walked away.

"And I forgot to add him to the don't talk list."

She giggled and he grabbed up her free hand and walked them over to a table where they sat down. Charlee watched the people in front of them dance and John simply watched her, his hand still attached to hers. How he got here he would never know. All he knew as he sat there was that he was going to ask her to marry him. Maybe not today or tomorrow but one day in the future he was going to make it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just one chapter left. :(

Thanks for commenting;
WhiskeyPrincess118
Chelsea13
RecycledSweaters
:)