I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

2

I woke to famlilar face, who told me to call once I got better. She smiled and leaned down to give me a hug.

"My dear Justine." she smiled

"My dear Mandy." and half smiled back, I'm not much a morning person.

"How many more days before they let you go home?" she asked pulling up a chair to sit next to my bed

"Tommorow I think." I sighed sitting up some more.

"He misses you." she said looking at me sadly

I only rolled my eyes in response.

"Ok, don't believe me. But wait until you see him." Mandy said with a heavy sigh.

"If I see him I'll go into a relapse, you're boy toy was here yesterday."

"I know, he sent me even though I was already coming. He didn't want you to throw some thing deadly at him." she laughed

I smiled, and she must've seen the tiredness in my eyes.
"Well I'll go get us some lunch, and let you take a little nap. Ok?" she smiled patting my hand.

"No cafeteria food please." I chuckled as she laughed and left my room.
I'd be leaving tommorow, I'd probably seen him tommorow. I searched around on the night stand for my purse and looked for my phone. I found it and dialed a number I once despised.

-----------------------------

"Thanks Adam for taking me home." I sighed as I sat in my passenger seat.

"Does Gerard know you're getting better?" Adam asked

"No, and he's not going to know." I said glancing at him.

"All right JJ I won't tell him, but you know I can't keep secrets long." he sighed.

"Well for my well being please do try." I said blankly staring out the window.

"He misses you." he said quietly as we sat at a very long red light.

"That's the second time I've heard that." I stated

"It was hard for him, but he had to get better JJ." Adam said as the light turned green

"Adam, this sounds all well and good. But just like him, I can't get better with him." I said giving him a pointed look and he nodded.

--------------------------------------

I walked into my stale smelling house of cigarettes and alcohol. I went straight to the wine cubboard and opened it, seeing many brands that normal people would've pulled their hair out to get. I got a large trash bag and started putting the many bottles in there. I opened the next cubboard filled with mixers and vodkas and whiskeys. I put them in there as well, I looked in my 'medicine' cubboard and took out everything except the Zyrtec and Singular. Then I looked in my drawers filled with cigarettes, I put them in there also. I took the trash bag filled with my bad habits and handed it to Adam.

"You're my witness." I said as he took it.

"I'm proud of you." he smiled

"I'm not." I smiled half way, as I walked him to the trash can and to his car.

"Call me when you get bored, we'll talk and eat." he said trying to lighten to mood. It was what I used to say before my diet consisted of alcohol Zanex, Lortabs, and cigarettes.

"Will do Lazy boy, will do." I sighed as he drove away.
This was only the begining.