Status: Active!

Dreams.

Paint

Cassandra's PoV

"Momma H!" I call as I enter the small diner on sunset.

"Cassie!" She smiles and comes out from the back. "What's up buttercup?"

"Nothing, and that's the problem. I'm bored out of my mind." I tell her.

"Did Tyler close the shop today?" She asks.

"No. He got sick of my complaining and kicked me out for the day. " I say and she laughs.

"So you come and bug me. Well good. Now I can put you to work. Andy is showing up soon too. We gotta repaint the place." She tells me.

I look around the small place and notice most of the walls have paint chipped off.

"You can finish scrapping off the paint." She says and hands me a paint scraper.

I sigh before getting to work.

"No complaining Cassandra." She calls as she walks back into the back room.

About 20 minutes later I had made some progress as the door swung open and Andy walks in.

"I've never been so happy to see another person." I laugh as he walks over and grabs a paint scraper also and begins to help me.

"You got roped into this too?" He asks with a smile.

"Never got the chance to say no."

"Yep. That's Momma H for you. She makes it impossible to say no." He says.

"Well it's annoying." I pout.

"Yeah." He agrees.

We worked in silence for a little while.

"So how are you liking it out here?" He asks.

"I'm not really sure. I like being out here. It's fun. Living on my own. Not having a curfew and just doing whatever I want. But then again I guess I expected things to be easier. Maybe to have made it a little bit. But even now, I'm just sitting around, doing nothing. I'm not really getting anywhere. And I feel like by the time the one year day of me coming out here rolls around, and I have to go home, I'll just be getting started." I admit.

"You'll be 18 by then." He tells me.

"So? My parents told me I had a year." I say.

"But they aren't you. You'll be an adult then, and if you want to stay they can't stop you. Besides. If they really believe in you, and support you dreams, then they won't stop you anyway." He shrugs.

"Still, is it really worth it? I mean waiting all this time? By the time I make it even close to making it in the industry I could be graduated college and maybe be starting a successful life. Maybe be engaged, and have life just be amazing. But no. I chose wanting this." I explain.

"Give it time. And don't be so pessimistic all the time. I told you the moment I met you that you were going to make it out here. And I guarantee I wasn't the only one. So stop doubting yourself and just let it happen." He says.

I didn't say anything for a minute and I felt something wet hit the side of my face. I looked up and saw Andy had opened up one of the paint cans and flicked the brush toward me.

"You did not." I glare and opened the can next to me and flick the brush toward him.

"You got it in my hair!" He exclaims and tries desperately to get it out.

"Aww does the pretty boy not like paint in his hair?" I ask with a teasing tone.

"You just declared war Cassandra Harris." He says.

"Bring it on Biersack." I laugh as I threw so more paint toward him.

Luckily the floors and tables were mostly covered, so the mess we made wasn't much of an issue.

"You got it in my mouth!" I scream.

"You got it in my nose!" He laughed.

"What the hell are the two of you doi-" Momma H starts laughing loudly. "I said to paint the walls. Not each other."

"He started it." I accuse and point at Andy.

"You deserved it!" He argues.

"I thought you two were 17. Not 7." She laughs. "Well I'm not letting the two of you leave until these walls are painted. So I would get working if I were the two of you." She says and goes back to the back room.

"What does she do back there anyway?" I ask when she leaves.

"Watches Jerry Springer and Maury. Occasionally the Steve Harvey Show." He tells me.

"Seriously?"

"Yep." He laughs.

"I don't even know what to say about that." I admit.

"Don't say anything. Paint." He commands. "I have a gig tonight, and if I want to get all of this," He gestures to the paint covering his body, "Then we have to finish this like 2 hours before."

"When's the gig?" I ask.

"9." He tells me.

"You'll be fine then." I assure him and we continue painting.

Just the walls this time.

Later That Night.

"What happened to you?" Tyler asks as I walk through the door of the shop.

"I found something to do." I shrug.

"It looks like you got in a paint fight." He tells me.

"Probably because I did." I laugh.

"With? I feel like this will be an interesting story." He prompts.

"I was complaining-" He cuts me off.

"You do that a lot nowadays." I glare at him.

"To Andy about not getting anywhere out here. And he shut me up by flinging paint on me. We were painting the walls at Momma H's and it just kind of got out of hand." I explain.

"That sounds like something that would happen to you." He laughs.

"Well what can I say?" I smirk.

"You should go get cleaned up." He tells me.

"That I should." I say and go upstairs to shower and somehow get all of this paint off of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Filler. Sorry about that. Stuff picks up in the next chapter though.