Status: Going on a small break to get all the my chapters together.

Dangerously in Love

New Boss

Brian lost count of how many times his girlfriend turned on her heel as she paced the floor in front of their bed. For the last two hours she has been non-stop pacing from the dinner they both just attended on the behalf of getting Yunika back to them.

“Babe I know that you are nervous and upset but rubbing the carpet down in one spot is not going to help.” Suddenly Cheyenne started pacing in a circle going both clockwise and counter clockwise. Brian sighed and got up from the bed to calm his girlfriend down. He grabbed her and hugged her to his body. He groaned a little in pain when she hugged him back and squeezed with all the strength he didn’t think she had. He did his best to sooth her as she sobbed in to his chest over her best friend.

“I’m just worried what Matt is going to do to her for bringing up so much personal stuff at dinner. I mean I get it she wants out with him by her side but I don’t think it was the wisest choice for either of them to make in front of everyone at the table.” Brian rubbed her back he continued to soothe her through all her worries about Yunika and focused on the fact what this meant for them in the next couple of weeks.

Brian pulled out of the embrace he had his girlfriend in to look at her face. Even though it was streaked with mascara and eyeliner from crying she looked so beautiful to him. He kissed her in the middle of her forehead and he sighed. “I am going to promise you that I am going to try my best to make sure you are safe and if anything happens with the guys I will tell you first.” She sniffled a little and nodded her head. Brian laid his head against hers and sighed. He released his girlfriend to let her remove her make up and get ready for bed. Brian stripped down, lie down on the bed, and let all the events from the night run around in his mind. He just couldn’t believe that Matt is really thinking about leaving the business for his girlfriend, but he then thought it over and realized that he would leave too if Cheyenne asked him to.

Brian smiled softly at Cheyenne, who was wearing one of his old t-shirts, as she walked to the bed to lie down next to him. Cheyenne snuggled up against Brian as her mind raced a mile a minute. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Brian’s lips on hers and his hands on her hips. He started kissing her when she realized when he was planning to do.

“Let me take your mind of everything baby. You know I’ll take care of you.” Brain sealed his words with a kiss and she knew it was over.

2 weeks later~~~~~
All the guys were gathered in Matt’s office in his apartment to discuss some gang business. I wasn’t all that focused on what was going on given the fact that I was more focused on Cheyenne and our relationship. I knew that the decision that was made at the dinner affected her more emotionally but I want to help her. I sighed as I looked up at Matt who was sitting behind his desk.

“Ok guys the reason why I have called you all here is to let you all know that I will officially be retiring from the business.” To say that we were all shocked was an understatement. I didn’t expect for Matt to be retiring this soon not when we were just getting in to the big leagues. “ I would also like to announce my successor, and I have thought long and hard about this. My successor is Brian.”

All eyes were on me as I stared blankly at Matt. I couldn’t believe he let me all this to take care of. I thought at least he would pick Jimmy instead of me. I didn’t say anything as I walked out of his office and in to the living room. I sat on the couch with my head in my hands as a million thoughts raced around my mind. How did this happen? What the hell am I going to tell Cheyenne? How the fuck is she going to react to this info? Brian groaned as he felt a heavy hand fall on to his shoulder. He looked up to see Matt looking at him with a concerned look on his face.

“You ok, Bri? You looked shocked, sick and pale. Are you ok with the decision I made or do you need time to think it over?” Brian shook his head as he ran his hand through his hair.

“No, no it’s fine I just need to figure out how to tell Cheyenne and I’m glad that you left this to me. I just hope I don’t fuck it all up.” Matt patted my shoulder as he walked back in to his office. I walked out to my car and started it up just praying that Cheyenne would be on my side about this.

Cheyenne just stared at me as I told her what just went down in Matt’s office.

“Babe please say something. I need to know what you are thinking.” I was on my knees in front of her. I pulled her hands in to mine as I kissed her knuckles and stared in to her eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing would come out of her mouth.

“What did you say to him, Brian?”

“I told him yes I would take over for him.” She nodded her head and looked at me.

“Good, that’s good. I’m glad he picked you, I really am.” She kissed me softly on the lips and walked upstairs to our room. I could tell she was putting on a happy front for me since she was upset with me not discussing this with her first. I sighed and sat down on the couch. I knew she needed space but I needed her there for me.