The Perfect Company

Chapter 3

A Different Kind of love

Talon looked up at me with tearful eyes. Talon wiped shimmering tears from his eyes as he said,

“Here put the dress on and I’ll be back come out when you’re ready and we can use this thing they called a … dress? As a … we’ll figure it out…” he said. Talon confounds me! First caring then funny, next sad, and now no emotion, All this within the past two minutes! He handed me the dress and left closing the door. I changed in to the new green dress that flowed loosely to the floor.

When I walked out, I saw Talon sitting on the leaf green bed. He looked up from the quilt, his jaw dropped, and his eyes widened for just a second though.

“What do I look bad?” I asked making my blonde hair fall into my eyes, looking down at myself.

Talon got up and I saw him hesitate in coming closer to me. He slowly walked over to me and put a strong hand on my shoulder. He took his free hand and tilted my head upward to look at him in the eyes. I started to blush like crazy when I saw how close he was to me.

“You don’t look bad! You look... elegant.” Talon paused then took my hands and dragged me out of the room.

“Where are you taking me?!” I half-yelled in surprised.

“You’ll see!” he said laughing. We walked hurriedly up the old wood stairs.

We passed levels and levels of doors none of which we went in too. Where there others who live here? It’s to quite for other besides just us to be in this tree. We walked up more stairs not stopping once. We finally stopped when the stairs no longer continued. Talon brushed his hand over the brass lock and the door creaked open he pushed it the rest of the way. Talon grabbed my hand and helped me in to the dark room. There was a light breeze then I realized it wasn’t a room at all, but a roof. It was now dark outside, the stars twinkling in the distance.

“What do you think?” Talon said handing me a sweater out of nowhere.

I took the sweater, put it on, and then sat on a tree branch. Talon sat next to me. I leaned into the tree, looking up into the endless night sky.

I sighed this dark peaceful night was oddly comforting. I felt safe for the first time in a long time. I looked over at Talon and smiled.

“It’s beautiful! The sky is so clear tonight!” I said then looked up at the moon it was an almost full moon.

It reminded me of when I was a child before I was kidnapped from my parents. My dad and I would go for walks in the moonlight. My Father would tell me stories of warrior princesses, and how they would save there land from the evil. I had said that one day that was going to be me. My Father taught me how to hunt and track. He also taught me how to battle.

I practiced what I could when I could. I had the sudden longing for exercising. Even though I was wearing a dress, I could still kick someone’s ass if I had to. The skirt part was loose enough that I could do a high kick spin in it. I got up and stretched my back by bending over to touch my toes.

“What are you doing?” Talon asked curiously.

“What does it look like I am doing?” I looked up at him with a smirk on my face.

I saw his weakness and struck out at him. I punched him in the chest hard. Talon wasn’t expecting me to do this. I pulled my fist back and spun then kicked in one motion. This he blocked with his arm hitting the top of my foot. He suddenly swooped kicked my feet out of under me. I gasped, then shut my eyes expecting to fall hard into a random tree branch. I realized I should have hit the ground already so I slowly peeked out of one eye. What I saw was a gorgeous face smiling wildly at me. We bust out into laughing and he dropped me with a thump!

“Ow!” I said playfully hitting his arm.

“Hee-hee, sorry?”

I rolled my eyes and got up brushing off my dress.

“Where did u learn to fight like that?” Talon asked.

“I learned from my Father before I was kidnapped and I picked some things up wile slaving for the fire elves.” I snarled at the last part.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey please message me tell me what you think!!

um i need some help...
how do i put a picture here!!!???? any one want to help me??

and

should Talon and Rivermist have a romantic relation ship? or something different?