Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 12

12.

I woke up to find Angelo's head on my lap and he was unconscious. I stroked his cheek lightly. When did he get here? Am I dreaming? His eyes fluttered open, revealing the blue-grey eyes that I had missed for days. His handcuffed hands cupped my cheeks, as if he couldn't believe I was real.
'Maddie?' He whispered hoarsely. I smiled, nodding.
'Hey Angie. What happened?' I looked to my left. 'Where's Ivy?'
He frowned, shrugging slightly.
'I...came to find you...Camille knocked me out when I found you-'
I couldn't resist anymore. I just grabbed his jaw and kissed him mid-sentence.
I could feel the desperation and relief we both felt in the kiss.
'Well well...isn't this a...romantic reunion?' My aunt Rosie and uncle Trevor stood in the doorway, Camille, Lance and Ivy beside them.
I stared at Ivy. What's she doing?! I couldn't help but feel betrayed as I glared up at who I thought was one of my closest friends. Someone that I trusted and could easily have considered her a sister.
She turned away from us, guilt was evident in her eyes. Good. She deserves to feel all the guilt in the world.
Angelo laced our fingers, giving my hand a light squeeze.
Angelo slid over, so he was beside me, attempting to pull me closer to him.
'Such a shame. I would have thought that you would have more sense than your mother. Obviously, we were wrong. You fell right for the devil worshiper that you call your mate. You've basically given your life to the devil!' Aunt Rosie yelled at me and I shrank into Angelo's side, finding comfort against his cold skin.
'I can't believe you were so stupid! The cause of your mother's death-' 'I didn't know about my REAL mum!' I cut my uncle off.
'I though Camille was my mum.' I said.
They glared at her. 'You brought her over to Pennsylvania to protect her from her father and she was to know everything. But you do the opposite and bring her up as your own! You bitch!' Rosie yelled, slapping Camille.
'What are we going to do with them?' Ivy asked, avoiding my gaze.
'Ah, Ivy. I almost forgot. Why don't you tell your "best friend" what you've been up to, eh?' Trevor chuckled.
Ivy clenched her jaw, refusing to speak.
'No? Alright then. She has, singlehandedly, locked up all of your friends, Angelo. Pretty good, if you ask me. 7 fully grown, dominant vampires. Impressive.' He smirked as Angelo growled lowly.
I kissed his cheek, running my thumb over his knuckles to calm him, before he did something he'd regret.
'Although, one DID attempt to bite her, so...one of them...Ricky or something, was killed by Ivy, by herself. Well done, young one. And I have to also applaud you on your performance of being a friend to Madeline...'
I gasped. Ricky. Alyssa was going to be heartbroken. I glared up at her with tears in my eyes.
'How could you?' I whispered. 'I thought you were my friend! I thought I could trust you! I guess my teachers were right; never trust a vampire hunter.' I added, glaring at her.
She tried to make excuses and apologising, but I just turned towards Angelo, offering her the middle finger.
'Well, now that you're awake, I guess we can tell you you're past that Camille didn't bother her arse to tell you. Obviously, Camille is not your mother. Her name was Katheryn Clear. She was beautiful; every man wanted her and every woman wanted to be her. Many men attempted to buy her affections, but there was only one "man" she had her eye on. One "man" she fell so hard for. She fell so hard for him, that she fell to her death.' Uncle Trevor joked, a couple of chuckles emitted from the group of hunters in the room.
'She knew what he was, and he convinced her that she was his mate. She ACTUALLY believed him. Bullshit.' Aunt Rosie said distastefully.
'Just like your "mate" has convinced you that he loves you. He is dead. A corpse. The undead cannot love. It is against his nature. He is supposed to kill, not love-'
'I do love her!' Angelo exclaimed.
'I love her with every fibre of my being. She is the centre of my world - she IS my world.' He told them.
I smiled slightly. Now REALLY isn't the time to blush, but I kissed him lightly, before turning back to the hunters.
Rosie sighed, rolling her eyes. 'D'you really think we're that stupid?!'
'I think we should...start off by...torturing his mate...' Camille's eyes widened at Trevor's suggestion.
'Why're you gonna hurt her?! She's family!'
'She's also a creature of the night AND the mate of a vampire.' Rosie said as if it was obvious.
Camille tried to run over to me, but my grandfather appeared at the door, holding her back. Lance looked at her helplessly.
'Get the girl.' Trevor lifted me up by my hair and dragged me away from Angelo.
He pulled out a rusty pocket knife. My eyes widened as he straddled my waist, pulling my shirt up slightly, revealing my stomach.
'Don't hurt her!' Angelo yelled, earning a whack on the head with a spiky club by Rosie, making him yelp in pain.
I looked over at him. Our eyes locked as the rusty knife was trailed across my stomach, drawing blood. I clenched my jaw, forcing the tears to stay in my eyes as I kept eye contact with my mate.
He pulled the knife out, before jabbing it between my ribs, making me groan in pain. I refuse to scream. I don't want to give them the satisfaction.
He began to write words on my stomach, but I was losing blood fast and didn't have the energy to look away from Angelo's pained eyes.
"I love you." I mouthed to him.
'No! Maddie! I love you too! Don't leave me!' He yelled, attempting to get over to me, but his restraints held him back.
Trevor stood up, laughing, as Rosie let Angelo crawl over to me.
'You...have...to...' I whispered. He shook his head.
'No. There has to be another way...' He had tears running down his cheeks.
'Hurry...up...I...love-' My lungs gave out and I let out my last breath, whispering the word 'you...'

-Angelo's P.O.V-

'You...' She stopped breathing.
My eyes widened. I needed to do this.
I glared at the hunters, before leaning down, kissing her cold lips. I leant down, kissing her neck, before biting down on it. The hunters began to yell, trying to pull me away from my mate, but I latched onto her motionless body.
The door burst open and Ivy appeared with the guys behind her, they all began to fight the hunters, as I injected the venom through the holes I had made with my fangs.
Maddie gasped, her eyes flying open, before shutting again almost immediately. I pulled away, after licking the blood off of her neck and wiping my chin. There. That's all I can do. I decided to help the guys and Ivy to finish off the extra hunters who had arrived as back ups.
We left Camille and Lance for last. I cuffed them, rage pulsing through my veins.
'Mmm what're we gonna do with you two, eh? We've already...disposed of Chase...so you have no back up.' Ricky smirked.
Ivy had explained that she had pretended to tie the guys up, but they were actually in the room next door, waiting for her signal. Also, no one was killed, she had pretended she killed Ricky, but she actually stabbed him with a metal blade, not a wooden one.
Their level of panic seemed to increase along with their heartbeat.
'You took my mate!' I growled at them. Not being able to contain my anger, I snapped Lance's neck and reached inside Camille's chest, pulling out her heart.
'A-Angelo?' I turned to see Maddie looking at me with fear evident in her tear-filled eyes.
She refused to meet my eyes. Oh shit! What have I done?! I just murdered the closest person she had to a mother because of my anger. Anyway! Why is she awake?! The transformation is supposed to last a day and a half, not 30 minutes.
She attempted to stand up. I immediately appeared at her side, but she pulled away. That hurt.
'Where are we?' She asked Chris, who looked over at me, sympathetically.
'You were kidnapped. By Camille and Lance. They were gonna kill us. Angelo HAD to kill them. For your sake. They left you for dead. You stopped breathing. Angelo saved you.' He told her.
I stared at the floor emotionlessly.
'Really?' She whispered, looking at me, but I kept my gaze directed at the ground.
She wrapped her arms around me.
'Angie?' She whispered, moving so she was in my line of vision. She reached up and kissed me.
I immediately returned it, wrapping my arms around her.
She sighed softly, pulling away.
'I love you.' She whispered.
I smiled. 'I love you too, Mad-Bear.'
'About the whole Chris thing-'
I shook my head. 'Chris explained everything.' She smiled gratefully at him.
'Thank you.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi:) I apologise for not updating yesterday. I decided to make this chapter quite long. Well it took me ages to type up so I assume it's long.
Thank you 9 recommenders and 33(?) subscribers.
Reminder-I won't be updating as often after today, as school starts tomorrow, so...yeah
Also, don't forget to check out my friend's new Ricky Horror fanfic-it's really good:) http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/545744/We-Only-Come-Out-At-Night/
Comment/Recommend/Subscribe
Love ya's
Midnight.Moments
xx