Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 4

4.
I pulled away from the hug, smiling at my new mate. My REAL mate.
‘So…’ Angelo said awkwardly.
‘Would you mind helping me bring in my belongings?’ I asked him, after a minute or two of trying to think of what to say to break the awkward silence.
He nodded, brushing past me lightly, beginning to balance ALL my 5 boxes and 3 rucksacks in his hands. I know his vampirism makes him really strong, but damn!
He chuckled at my astonished expression. ‘I only asked for help; you didn’t have to lift it all at once!’ I shook my head at him, as he carried the boxes upstairs.
He shook his head after setting the boxes down on his bed. ‘I’m the dominant one in the relationship. I’m supposed to look after you; you could break your neck carrying them heavy boxes up those stairs.’ he said jokingly, but there was a hint of truth in his tone.
I smiled.
‘Do you want to unpack…’ I frowned ‘…or do you want to watch a bunch of movies, and unpack later. Ricky and Alyssa aren’t home for another week.’ My face lit up, before grabbing his hand and dragging him downstairs.

-A week later-

‘Hey Maddie. Ange, did your mate arrive while we were away?’ Ricky asked, slipping off his black jacket, before plopping down on the sofa beside me.
Ange and I were watching the Nightmare Before Christmas on the sofa (or couch) in the living room.
‘Yeah. She’s here.’ Angelo smirked slightly.
‘Really? Where? Is she at the bathroom?’ Ricky asked.
‘You’re looking at her.’ I said shyly.
Ricky’s eyes widened ‘Holy shit! Seriously?!’ he jumped up and left the room.
‘Alright then…’ I said, confused. Ange smiled at me, and I returned it before diverting my gaze back to the movie. It was the part where Sally was singing on the hill near the end.
I smiled as the movie ended and tried to decide which movie to watch next. After a few minutes, I gave up and turned to look at Angelo, and I was pleasantly surprised to find him right beside my face, inches from touching.
I blushed and looked down, before looking back up to his sparkling blue-grey eyes.
‘What movie do you wanna watch now?’ I whispered.
He didn’t reply immediately, just continued looking over my face, making me feel quite self-conscious. Instead of looking like a tomato with legs, I decided to examine Angelo’s face.
I moved his hair from his eye, and tucked it behind his ear. He chuckled
‘That’s usually the guy’s move.’ he whispered, moving in even closer, if that’s even possible.
I just smiled, not thinking of any good come-backs.
Ange leaned in a bit more, making our lips brush-
‘Hey A-wow! Cheating on your new mate?!’ Chris exclaimed. I pulled away quickly, blushing furiously, Angelo was too.
‘Um.. No; she’s my mate.’ Angelo said.
Chris nodded, before letting his gaze turn to the movie menu screen ‘Nightmare Be-’
‘We already watched it. We were gonna put on-’
‘Dark Shadows!’ Ghost exclaimed, dragging Kylie into the room.
I stood up.
‘Anyone want any drinks or-’
‘Chicken wings!’ Angelo cut me off. Man! Everyone seems to be cutting off eachother's sentences! Especially mine.
I raised my eyebrow, as he smiled ‘innocently’ at me. I sighed.
‘Fine.’ I gave in.
‘See. She must be your mate; if that was me asking, she’d tell me to-’
‘Make your own.’ I cut Chris off, smirking.
‘And you still have to-’
‘Mads, can you make the guys some too?’ Angelo stood up, engulfing me in a hug.
I sighed, curling into his embrace.
‘Okay.’ He pulled away, and I felt colder than I was before.
I shivered and pulled on my hoodie.
‘Thank you.’ he kissed my cheek and I covered my blush with my hair.
‘Aw she’s embarrassed.’ Chris joked.
‘Shut up, Cerulli.’ Angelo stuck up for me, making me smile.
I quickly walked into the kitchen, preheated the cooker and grabbed 2 bags of spicy and a bag of normal chicken wings, putting them on a tray and putting them into the cooker. I then grabbed 8 cartons of Naked Juice, knowing that if Chris and Ghost were here, Balz, Jared, Ryan and Brandon would probably turn up soon as well.
I put the chicken onto a couple of serving plates, leaving some in the heat of the (turned off) oven, for when the others got here.
I set the plate on the coffee table, before retrieving the cartons of juice, and handing them out to everyone.
‘These are really good, Mads, thanks.’ Ghost smiled, I smiled back, and nodded, sitting back down beside Angelo, curling into his side slightly.
‘They really are good, you know.’ he said softly.
Although Ghost’s compliment was kind, Angelo’s give me more satisfaction than anyone else’s. I smiled ‘I didn’t really do anything, but thanks.’ I said.
He offered some of his wing and I ate some but got my own plain one, from Chris’ growing pile of “chicken wings that I will eat after this one”. He glared at me playfully.
‘Where’s Ricky?’ Kylie asked, absentmindedly.
‘I’ll go get him. Oh! And Alyssa is here too, right?!’ I smiled excitedly, and started towards the stairs, but stopped when I heard…noises. I scrunched my nose up, before returning back to my place beside Angelo on the sofa.
‘They’re…a wee bit busy.’ I said.
‘Hey Mads.’ Balz greeted.
‘Heya.’ I smiled at him.
Jared and his mate then followed Balz through the door.
‘I smell chicken wings!’ Jared exclaimed, running over and stealing some from Chris’ pile, earning a glare from him.
Jared’s mate-Cortnei I think-stood in the doorway. She looked unsure of what to do. I stood up, walking over to her.
‘Hey. I’m Maddie. I’m Angelo’s mate.’ It felt a bit weird, yet amazing to say that.
‘I’m Cortnei.’ she smiled back.
‘You were one of the new students, weren’t you?’ I asked, trying to think of subjects to talk about. She nodded.
‘Yeah. I’m from Louisiana. You don’t sound from around here either.’
I chuckled, nodding ‘Yeah, I’m from a wee crappy town, near Belfast. But don’t worry, I’m not a psycho murderer.’ I joked, referring to the various organisations who like to cause shit in Ireland (IRA etc.)
She was really nice and really pretty too. She also had an awesome taste in music. I would’ve continued talking to her if our conversation wasn’t interrupted by Balz’s constant whining about there being no more chicken wings.
Ange groaned ‘Guys, stop ordering Maddie to do stuff that you can do yourself.’
I smiled at him ‘S’fine.’ I said, shivering.
‘Y’alright?’ Chris asked.
I nodded ‘Just a bit cold. Yous wouldn’t feel it.’ I said, trying to stop my teeth from chattering. They all nodded.
Balz followed me into the kitchen.
‘So… How did-Maddie?’
I stumbled a bit, feeling dizzy, before collapsing on the floor.
‘Maddie! Angelo! Come quickly!’

-Angelo’s P.O.V.-

‘Why do you guys boss her around? She may be human, but she’s not a slave… she’s my mate.’ I whisper-shouted.
Chris smiled apologetically and Ghost looked down, looking quite ashamed.
‘Sorry ma-’
‘Maddie!’ We heard Balz shout.
I frowned ‘Angelo! Quickly!’ I jumped up as soon as I heard my name, and ran into the kitchen, to see Maddie lying on the floor, her head on Balz’s lap.
‘What happened?!’ I rushed to her side.
‘She just collapsed!’ Balz said in shock.
‘She’s going blue. Like when…’ I looked at Chris expectantly. ‘Like when…?’
‘When a fertile is not shown enough…affection?’ Kylie said, looking for the right word.
‘How long have you known about her being your mate?’ she asked.
‘About a day and a half. Why?’
‘The fertile needs…affection from it’s mate within 5-7 hours of finding out about their mate. That’s why doms always kiss the cheeks of their mate at the Counter-Part ceremony.’ Ghost answered.
‘I was trying not to go too fast. Anyway, how can we make her better?’ I asked, running my hand through her soft brown hair.
‘Kiss her.’ Alyssa said, walking into the room, Ricky following behind her.
I blushed slightly ‘That’s it?’ They nodded.
I leaned down, about to kiss her forehead.
‘Her lips, you idiot!’ Cortnei said, lightly smacking my shoulder. I cleared my throat and leaned down. Please work!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta Da!!:) I'm bored, so I decided to update (AGAIN!)
Thank you for reading
Comment/Subscribe/Recommend
Any feedback would be appreciated:)
By the way, when school starts up again, updates won't be this quickly.
Thank you to all those who have recommended and subscribed already:)
Happy New Year (I'll probably be updating again before the new year, but anyway:))
Anyone who would like to be in the story, as it is still early stages, you can message me with a description (physical and characteristics, likes and dislikes etc.). Guys in Motionless in White (that are available) are Chris, Ryan, Ghost and Balz (I know they have "mates", but I can change their "mates"' names with yours). If you want someone else, even if they're from a different band, I can still add them in, just ask.:)
Midnight.Moments
xx