Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 5 (I think)

5.

It’s freezing. I feel so numb that I can’t move. I can hear distant voices, but I don’t recognise them. Except one. The voice was soft, yet… I don’t know how to describe it, other than the fact that it gives me butterflies in my stomach. I could fall asleep listening to the voice, if I didn’t already have my eyes closed.
I then felt something on my lips and I instantly began to warm up. Someone was hugging me. Someone warm. I sighed and, after regaining control of my arms, hugged them back.
I finally opened my eyes and realised it was Angelo. And he was kissing me. I immediately began to blush, but returned the kiss.
Ghost, Alyssa, Cortnei and Kylie were smiling and Jared, Ricky and Ryan started wolf-whistling, while Chris was shaking his head at them.
‘When’d you get here?’ I asked Ryan.
‘You’ve been out for nearly half an hour and the first thing you say is “When’d you get here?”.’ Chris mocked my accent. I tried not to laugh at how ridiculous his attempt was.
I just shrugged in reply.
‘Aww…you two…just…’ Kylie gushed. I turned to Angelo, hiding my face in his longer hair.
‘S’getting late. We’re going to go. Night guys.’ Kylie said, pulling Ghost’s arm, who said
‘But I wan-’ Kylie raised her eyebrow at him.
‘-to… go home with…you?’ Ghost asked. She pulled him out of the room, after waving goodbye to us. Boy, has she got him wrapped around her finger.
‘Their relationship makes me wonder who is the dom.’ Chris joked, before saying
‘We’ll go too.’ pointing at Balz and Ryan.
‘But I just got here-’
‘Come on.’ Balz said, hugging me tightly.
‘Bye bye chica.’ Chris chuckled, also hugging me, and then Alyssa once Balz had let her out of his hug. Balz and Chris then each pulled Cortnei into a hug.
‘Bye. See ya tomorrow.’ Angelo stood up, doing a “man-hug” with the guys, before they left. Ricky, Alyssa, Jared and Cortnei were going to be staying here, until they had got a house of their own, as Angelo (and I) apparently have the biggest house, with 4 bedrooms.
‘Sooo…you’ve been keepin’ this quiet.’ Alyssa said, trying to break the awkward silence that had fallen between us. I hadn’t seen Alyssa to tell her that I was mated with Angelo and I didn’t want to just tell her over the phone.
I blushed slightly. ‘Yeah…’ Ange said shyly.
I sighed, looking at the clock above the stove.
‘Midnight. I’m goin’ to bed. Night.’ I smiled, before walking towards the staircase.
‘Hey hey hey! Wait up. YOU have a LOT of explaining to do.’ Alyssa said, running after me, Cortnei wasn’t too far behind her, but was walking instead of running. I smiled sheepishly, but kept walking.
‘Not my fault that you and Ricky decided to go house hunting for a whole week.’ I said, closing the door of my shared bedroom with Angelo behind the two girls.
‘…Well…we couldn’t exactly live with Angelo for the rest of our lives…’ Alyssa said, trying to make up an excuse.
‘Mmhmm.’ I hummed in response, going into the bathroom to change into an over-sized Slipknot t-shirt and pj bottoms.
‘It was Ricky’s idea.’ Alyssa whined, making Cortnei and I chuckle.
‘So…did you find one?’ I asked, changing the subject.
‘Yeah! We found one in Pittsburgh. It looks like a Victorian mansion. It’s really nice…and it’s not too big…’
‘That’s what she said.’ I heard Ange say loudly from outside the door. Cortnei and I started to laugh at Alyssa’s tomato-like face.
‘Are you listening to our conversation, Nosey?’ I called out to him.
‘I was actually wondering if I can come in? Or are you still having “Girl Talk”?’
‘What would you know about “Girl Talk”?’ Alyssa chuckled, while I told him to come in.
‘More than you think I do.’ he replied smirking as he walked into the room.
‘Hey! That’s my shirt!’ he said, pointing at the Slipknot shirt I was wearing.
‘Yeah. It’s nice, isn’t it?’ I replied cheekily.
He smirked ‘Yes it is-’
‘Okay. No flirting in front of me and Cortnei.’ Alyssa said, with her hands covering her ears, leaving the room. Cortnei said a quick ‘goodbye’ before following after her.
‘G’night!’ I called after them.
‘Yeah yeah. No fucking while I’m in the house. I want to sleep tonight.’ she called back.
I rolled my eyes, chuckling.
‘Ejit.’ I muttered, shaking my head.
‘Mmhmm…’ Ange hummed in response, walking into the bathroom to change.
I threw myself onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.
Angelo then walked out and when I saw him, I burst out laughing.
He was wearing my tight, green pj shorts and my Asking Alexandria shirt (that is already tight on me, so imagine HIM wearing it).
‘Angie. I love ya and all, but you’re gonna rip that shirt.’ I said between laughs.
He smiled sheepishly, before taking off the shirt and oh boy! All that time he spends in the gym really paid off.
I blushed and looked away.
‘What?’ he chuckled.
‘You are wearing EXTREMELY short FEMALE shorts. With no shirt.’ I added.
He blushed, but shrugged and jumped onto the bed beside me.
‘I’m all yours. No one else will be able to-’
‘Nice…pjs, man.’ Ricky said, trying not to laugh. Ricky and I shared an amused look, before looking at Angelo, who was trying to hide his blush by nuzzling my neck.
‘Awk, wee Ange. Don’t be embarrassed. I wear your clothes…’ I said, patting his hair.
‘But you’re a girl.’ he groaned into my neck.
‘And?’ I asked, shooing Ricky away with my hand.
‘He’s gone, Angie.’
‘Angie?’ he looked up at me. I blushed, smiling sheepishly.
‘Yep.’ I said.
I began to stroke his hair.
‘Thanks for…saving me.’ I said quietly.
He blushed. Is it just me, or do we blush a lot?!
‘Of course I saved you; you’re my mate.’ he said.
‘We only get one mate our whole life time.’
‘Would you have saved me if I wasn’t your mate?’ I asked him, trying to make eye-contact with him, by tilting his jaw towards my face.
‘I…I kinda had a crush on you.’ he blushed (AGAIN!)
‘How long?’ I asked curiously.
‘3 or 4...’
‘Months?’ I asked him.
‘Years.’ he said.
He looked away, saying ‘I didn’t want to give us false hope because you’re-were a human. I mean I thought-we thought you-’ ‘Ange, I understand.’ I lifted his jaw again.
‘Hell! I’m acting like a fertile!’ he said, wiping his eyes. Wait! He’s crying?!
‘Hey! I’m…part fertile.’ I said, trying to cheer him up.
‘What’s wrong?’ I whispered, wiping a tear off his cheek with my thumb.
‘I’m…I’m happy, it’s just…when we were friends with TJ…and…we were really close…I told him. He laughed at me. Called me a freak. Told me that I’m an idiot for allowing myself to fall for a human. And then he told my dad, and you know how much my dad hates humans. I basically got the same from him, but…’ he whispered.
I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around him, waiting for him to continue his story.
‘He…beat me…said that I let him down. That Sam would make a better dom than fertile…’ So that was why Angelo missed a couple of days of school last year. Sam was Angelo’s fertile brother. I clenched my jaw, annoyed with Angelo’s father and especially TJ.
‘I told Chris. Not about me liking you, but that TJ had made me feel…like shit. And that I got into trouble with my dad. Chris got pissed and…that’s part of the reason we don’t talk to TJ anymore.’
I sighed ‘It’s alright. TJ’s a git. He must not know you at all if he thinks that you’re an idiot.’ I said, before looking into his tear-filled eyes.
‘Thank you.’
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was supposed to be up 2 hours ago but my internet decided to be a bitch and stop working but...here we are:)
I know it's not very long, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Any form of feedback would be appreciated.
Comment/Subscribe/Recommend
Thank you to those who have subscribed. I think I've got 14 at the minute. And 5(?) recs. Thank you to those people:)
Erm...I don't mean to be annoying but could someone (please!) comment. Even if it's telling me to update. It would at least tell me that someone is enjoying this story. Like I said before, message me if you want to be in the story.
Sorry for rambling:)
Thanks for reading
Midnight.Moments
xx