Status: In Progress. The more feedback I get, the more frequent updates will be.:)

Fade Away

Chapter 8

8.

Angelo stood up quickly, accidentally dropping me onto the floor. His eyes widened.
‘I’m so sorry-’ I shook my head. ‘It’s okay. Sorry, you were saying…’ I motioned for him to tell me what he was going to say before I interrupted him.
‘Well…it just gives me an even better reason to say it…’ he trailed off, sitting beside me again, pulling me into his lap, me facing him.
He sighed ‘I just wanted to say…in case something happens…that um…’ I waited patiently, yet eagerly for him to continue.
‘I…er…I-I. Love. You.’ he said slowly, trying to contain his nerves. I bit my lip, trying to suppress the giant grin threatening to take over my face.
‘Well…that’s good…because…I love you too.’ I whispered, trying to get him to look at me, but when I said that, he stopped looking away.
‘Really?’ he whispered, excited. I nodded ‘Yep. I love you Angelo-’
‘Ahhhhh!’ I covered my ears, looking at the source of the noise; Kylie Devyn. Ghost was with her, but was trying to stop her from destroying our hearing with her high-pitched screaming.
‘They said the “L” word! They said they loved each other!’ she squealed, jumping up and down.
Ghost shook his head, smiling fondly at her. Angelo groaned “Why won’t they go away and let us have alone time before I have to turn Maddie?!” I heard him say mentally.
I shook my head, kissing his cheek. ‘Were we interrupting something?’ Kylie asked when she finally calmed down.
‘Ye-’ ‘We were kinda having a date…ya know, having alone time before I have to be turned…’ I said, politely trying to tell them to leave. I don’t think Kylie caught on what I was trying to say, but Ghost did, before grabbing her hand and saying a quick goodbye.
‘They just won’t leave us alone…’ Ange groaned. I laced our fingers, before saying ‘They’re our friends. They just wanted to come and see us for a wee minute…’ I whispered, just as the house phone began to ring.
I stood up, but Angelo appeared in the door way with the cordless telephone pressed to his ear. I sat back down, shaking my head, as Angelo sat beside me, stroking my hair, while talking to the person on the phone.
I laid my head on his lap, watching him contently. The person on the other end said something and Angelo’s eyes widened. He said a quick goodbye, before setting the phone beside us, on the sofa.
‘What is it?’ I asked him, stroking his cheek with my finger tips.
‘That was my mom on the phone. She said that…that my dad wants to see me. He was informed that I was mated with a human and refuses to believe it.’ he said nervously.
I shot up, looking at him ‘You’re joking, right? This wouldn’t be the dad that has hated me ever since you introduced me as your friend when we were 6. The dad that you told me had hurt you…’ ‘He nodded solemnly. I gulped ‘What do we do?’
‘We can’t lie…We’ll just have to tell him the truth. It’ll mean I won’t get the painful lecture in the future…’ he sighed. I jumped up, pulling him up with me to get changed. I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a black patterned shirt and left my hair, but adding black eyeliner.
Angelo dressed in black skinny jeans and a plain black shirt, stealing my black eyeliner and brushing through his hair.
There was a knock on the door. Angelo and I exchanged looks, before heading downstairs.
I followed him to the door. ‘I’ll give Chris a call as soon as I arrive at my parents. Tell him to keep you company.’ Angelo smiled slightly, pulling me against him, kissing me.
I pouted when he pulled away. He chuckled.
‘Be good. Stay out of trouble.’ he said, kissing my cheek, before capturing my lips in a heated kiss. His tongue roamed my mouth, nibbling my lip, making my knees feel weak. He pulled away, saying ‘I love you.’ he give me another quick kiss, before shrugging on his coat, shooting a smile in my direction, before leaving. I yawned and stretched, before collapsing onto the sofa, exhausted.
‘Knock knock.’ I heard Chris walk through the front door.
‘I’m in the living room.’ I called. He walked into the living room with a smile on his face and his arms were full of movies.
I grinned ‘What’d you bring?’ I asked him.
‘Ah just a couple of horror movies…and…’ he trailed off.
‘And?’ I encouraged him to continue.
‘Ya know, just one of the greatest vampire movies ever made…’
My smile grew ‘The Lost Boys?!’ He nodded.
I hugged him before lifting some of the movies from his arms and placing them beside the TV. I inserted the disc and sat down beside Chris, cuddling into his side with a blanket. He wrapped his arms around me, nibbling on the chicken from the bucket of Buffalo Wild Wings.
When the movie was over, I sat up and made myself breakfast in the kitchen. I heard Chris follow behind me. When I lifted the bowl of cereal, I walked back into the living room, Chris following with his coffee. I went to sit down, but Chris appeared right where I was about to sit. I chuckled, about to get off him, when he grabbed my bowl, setting it on the table, before placing his lips on mine.
I gasped and immediately pulled away ‘Chris! what the fu-' I was cut off by the door slamming.
My eyes widened. Oh shit! Angelo! I quickly stood up and started towards the door, ripping it open and running down the street, trying to find a trace of him. Oh shit! What the fuck was Chris thinking?! He knows how self-conscious Ange is. And he should know that I love him. Truly love him. I attempted to use our connection to find his location, but he must have shut me out. I felt tears streaming down my face, when I saw a familiar car park beside my huddled figure.
Oh great! What the fuck did he want? 'What do you want Chase?' I asked him, annoyed.
'I wanted to see if you were okay. I hate to see fertiles as pretty as you cry.' He said softly, but I wasn't fooled. I knew how much of an asshole he could really be.
'C'm here.' He attempted to hug me, but I leaned away from his touch.
'Don't be like that. You know I love you.' He told me. 'And I know you love me too.' He added. I shook my head furiously.
'No no! I don't love you! I never have! I love Angelo.' He growled. 'No. You love ME.' He said, gripping my arm and pulling me towards the car, while I protested loudly, kicking and clawing at him. He shoved me into his car, where I was greeted with a familiar face...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the 25 subscribers and 7 recs:)
Comment/Subscribe/Recommend
Also a big thank you to Corey Lee for being my 2nd commenter, it is much appreciated:)
Ideas on the familiar face?
I am co-writing in a new Chris Motionless love story (I play Ryan's love interest) called 'Synthetic Love'. You can find the story on my profile:)
Thanks for reading
Midnight.Moments
xx