Status: Phase 2 - Initiated - Monthly Up-Dates Expected

Contagious Changelings Game

I was just dipping my hands in the arts of genetics. Safe and fun, productive work. In all earnest, I had intended on isolating a few genes, in order to make something good, making it all better. That's where it begun, and just as easily, I had slipped down that one slippery slope, as the first gene caught on.

Genetics, in free form, is like viruses. Only most of them, just never do catch on, they do not change anything, all on their own. Only now, the genes I had, for some unforeseen reason, did just that, catch on, and just like that, they were changing the organism they latched on to, in a more genetic term, but the change did soon take hold. No turning back.

Ofhorse I had to make it in a viral form, in order to make any test, worth the effort, or it is how I had reasoned, even if you may call it rationalisations?

Picking the genes for a healthy, strong heart, sounds like childs plae, and as safe as it went? It's the kind of details I had started out with. I had picked the genes, I thought was to give the strongest heart, just for the sake of it, or it would be no real point. I had made the choice, and picked up the genes, from the individual I had reasoned, had the heart, I had in mind, and made it into the first test. The first serious test had not failed me, the heart, such as the genetics coded for, was in the chest of the test subject.

I had made several more tests, on just the same line of reasoning, animals, for the sake of safety, you'd rationalise, it is how the process works. You can't grant the process foothold, on humans, on the first day, if you can't prove it was safe, as they had told me, time and again.

Once I reasoned, I knew what I was doing, and that it should be safe, I managed to make it into pills, for curing the ills. I had managed to contain my carrier, safe and secure. Giving the first pill to that one elderly lady, who had been revered and loved, throughout her life span. Ofcause, it was the one last ditch effort, saving her life, even if it had been a disguise, she knew nothing of it, I had simply swapped the last of her pills.

She was in the paper, the very next day, due to her 'Miraculous' recovery. As if 'God' had granted her a new lease on life, and the endeavours she had set foot on trail blazing? She had put it in these terms, even if not exactly my words? She had promised, continuation, of what she had been doing, even as her heart was about to give in and fail her.

She had been true, and my test had been worth the while. She had actually done, what she had promised, and thus, earned her the time, not just on screen. She was doing good, out there, with real people, people who suffered, and was in pain.

I had done a few more tests on the pill, then moved on to the next, and the next. I had obviously been granted my screen time, even if it was by proxy, as the terms goes. The people I had been swapping pills for, had gained a new lease on life, each and everyone. The story went on.

Hearts, lungs, other vital organs, even joints, seems fairly simple, if you put them in genetic terms? I had managed, what I had set out to do. I never did try to claim the honour, the glory, or the screen time, just as I thankfully, never grew jealous. I'm doing dine, by the proxy. I had even gone as far as to change my screen name on every site I'm on. Now, I go by 'Proxy', or 'the Proxy'. I had given a rationalisation of story, never telling them, exactly the truth, why bother. It would have ruined the story. I had no intents, or interest in catching the fame, or glory. I'm content, just doing, what I knew I did best.

Ofcause, I guess it felt, as if I run out of worthy targets, there are only so many organs that could be fixed by my little viral patches. With that, I had simply moved on. Searching for greener pastures.

Then it struck me, I could help other people, there's always someone, who feels miserable, who just may seek me out, even if they never were to actually see me.

I guess I had started out, by writing a few fairly poorly considered stories, about how things could be better. Making body parts smaller, or bigger. They had not been received to well, but I had started out. The stories grew better, and I had the first reply, from someone who had actually fantasized about just what the latest story was putting on the screen.

“Would you truly want to be like that?*” ) had asked her in a chat, the next day.

“Yes, but ofcause!” she had replied.

I had managed to track down her address, and sent a pill in the mail to her. The letter had actually reached her. I was learning, by the tone of her voice, in the chat the next week.