Savanna Black

Chapter 2- Cauldron Cakes, Dementors and Draco Malfoy

I walked around the train, ignoring the stares and the endless whispers from the other students. I concentrated on finding myself a compartment. I slid on one and found an adult, wearing shabby robes, he looked at me and his face paled. He looked like he had just seen a ghost.

“Sorry.” I said and turned my back.

“No, wait, wait!” he called out but I ignored him.

“Get out.” someone sneered and I looked up to see Malfoy.

“I came here first.” I said.

“Who cares?” he demanded.

“Don’t make me hex you.” I said, taking out my wand. He chuckled.

“Very cute, Black. Of course, no one has known yet that you’re going to come home to the manor with me after this year ends. And your life is going to be miserable, you’re going to wish the dementor succeeded in kissing you.” Draco said and I stood up and looked at him. “Yeah, like I’m scared of that Sirius-face.” he added.

Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and everyone laughed. I shoved him out of the way and went out of the compartment. They all laughed. I looked around and saw everywhere is full. I continued walking and bumped into someone and landed on the floor.

“We’ve been looking all over for you.” Fred told me.

“Excellent, now we know how to find you.” George said, chuckling and helped me to my feet.

“How, then?” Fred asked his twin as I stood there, looking at them.

“You walk, I follow and then you just bump into someone and then we look at the floor and see her.”

“You alright?” Fred asked me and tried to wipe a tear.

“Come on, you can tell us inside our compartment and we’re not taking no for an answer.” George said and pulled me to their compartment.

As soon as George pulled me inside the compartment, their friend, Lee Jordan took one look at me. I looked down.

“You’re scaring him, Lee.” Fred said.

“I’m not scaring you, aren’t I, Savanna? Come and sit with us.” Lee Jordan said and I sat down.

“T-thanks.” I said and failed to stop myself from crying.

“Blimey, Savanna, is Lee Jordan that horrible?” George asked as he sat beside me.

“No. I’m fine, I swear.” I said as George wiped a tear that fell.

It was midday and all those tears that threatened to fall are long gone, instead, my stomach was aching from too much laughter. Lee and the twins came up with a lot of jokes that we all laughed.

“I like you, Savanna, you’re funny.” Fred said and Lee’s and George’s smiley faces turned into serious ones.

“What?!” Fred demanded at them.

But before any of them could respond, the door opened and in came the old lady with her cart of sweets. I stood up took out some gold from my trunk and bought some sweets. I shared it with them, feeling more at home, somehow, since I never had someone to share sweets before.

“I’ll come and take a look why we’re slowing down.” Lee said and went out.

Fred and George looked at me and smiled. I returned their smiles and then grabbed some cauldron cake, the same exact piece that George grabbed and our fingers brushed. George looked at me and I smiled.

“You have it.” I said.

“No, you have it.” George insisted.

“Oh come on!” I said.

“You bought all these stuff.” he pointed out.

“And I said I would share it with you guys.” I said.

“Savanna.” George said.

“George.” I said, using his tone.

And before George could say anything, Fred grabbed the last piece of cauldron cake and ate it. George’s and my eyes widened as we looked at Fred, who swallowed and smiled.

“I just solved the George and Savanna cauldron cake problem.” Fred said and shrugged.

It wasn’t that much, but that got the three of us laughing. I stood up, ready to look at what was taking Lee so long when the train came to a stop and everything went dark and cold. The hairs of the back of my neck stood. I sat back down.

“Is Savanna Black afraid of the dark?” Fred mused as he reached for the door.

“Don’t open it.” I said.

“Why?” George asked.

“Dementors.” I answered.

At the same exact moment, our door burst open and I yelped. George pulled me close as Fred stood in front of me, shielding me.

“What are you doing here?” Fred demanded and I looked and saw Draco, cowering.

“D-dementors.” he said.

“Get out.” I said, stepping in front of Fred.

“Haven’t you heard me, Black? Dementors are out there! My father will hear about this.” he said.

“Like Lucius can do something about it, Draco. Now get out.” I said.

“Don’t you dare talk about my father, Black. Or else.” he threatened.

“Or else what, Draco?” I asked.

“You’re making a mistake, Black. I reckon the dementors are looking for you. Perhaps I should..” Draco said and stopped and looked at Fred and George.

“Ah, Black, I see you’re beginning to be buddies with these poor Weasleys. Don’t ever think you’re staying at their house, Black. They all stay in one room. You won’t like it there.” Draco said. “Meanwhile..”

Draco never finished. Fred and George were fast. They must have used the silencing charm on him. He gave us a look of disgust and as if the silencing charm wasn’t enough, I held him back and punched him.

“That should teach you for insulting Fred and George.” I said and Draco left, clutching at his nose.

Lee came back and looked at Fred, George and I with a questioning look. Fred and George told him what happened while I sat there, looking out of the window.

“What’s up?” George asked me.

“Nothing.” I said and I looked him and Fred. “Thank you, by the way.” I added.

“Savanna Black, you thank us one more time, we solemnly swear we’re going to hex you.” Fred said.

“Come on, we’re here! Talk later.” Lee said and went out, following Fred and we all headed out.