Savanna Black

Chapter 6- Nighttime Wanderings

"There you are!" Fred said and I looked up from my Transfiguration homework.

"We've been looking all over for you." George said.

"What's up?" I asked as I rolled my essay.

"Why do you do your homework here alone when you can join us?" Fred asked.

"We could help you." George said and I snorted.

"Help me what? Douse the fire inside the common room? Besides, I like it here." I said and looked at the lake.

"Ah, it seems you're not the only one who's in love with the giant squid, George." Fred said.

Next thing I know, I wasn't working on my homework anymore, but instead I was watching and trying not to laugh as George and Fred tickle the giant squid's tentacles.

"Join us, Sav." Fred said as George took my hand and I stood beside them.

"What are you three doing?" someone asked and the three of us turned to see Percy, the twins' and Ron's bossy brother.

"Trying to befriend the squid, Perce." Fred said.

"I'm going to ask it out for a date." George said.

"And what's your excuse?" Percy asked me.

"Ink." I answered and he looked at me, at loss for words while Fred and George laughed.

"McGonagall wants to see you, Black." Percy said.

"I guess I'll see you later, guys." I told the twins.

"Here, Sav, let me help you." Fred said as he held my hand and walked me to the grass.

"Thank you, Sir." I said, smiling and bowed at him.

"None at all, Lady." Fred said and winked at me. I smiled at George who was trying not to laugh.

I put on my shoes, dried myself up and headed to McGonagall's office. I knocked and then entered when McGonagall said I can.

"Miss Black." Professor McGonagall said and gestured for me to sit.

"Thank you, Professor." I said.

"I trust you are excited to come and walk around Hogsmeade this weekend." she said.

"Yes, I am, Professor." I said and smiled.

"Are you going alone?" she asked.

"Fred and George asked me to come with them." I answered.

"Well, it seems, that we have no problems, then." she said and I looked at her. "I was going to stop you from wandering around Hogsmeade."

"Why..er Professor?" I asked.

"Miss Black, you and I both know that Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban and we cannot let you walk alone. If he sees you..." she began.

"He'll see me and we'll see what happens next." I said and she looked at me with a mixture of sadness and fear or maybe it was just the trick of the light. "But don't worry, Professor, before that happens, I'll make sure I hand in my essay on your class." I added teasingly and she smiled.

"Go on, Miss Black, have a biscuit." she said, indicating at the small plate. I took one.

"Thanks, Professor." I said, stood up and left her office.

(GEORGE's POV)

"Do you think Savanna's in trouble?" Fred asked me and I looked at him.

"I don't know." I answered.

"Maybe we should break her from McGonagall?" he suggested.

"Come on Fred, it's McGonagall we're talking here. She's okay with detentions." I said.

"But come on, it's Savanna we're talking about." Fred said.

"So you do like her." I said, looking at him.

"You know who I like, George." Fred said and then, he placed his quill down and looked at me. "Why are you not interested at Savanna?" he asked

"I am." I said and he smirked. "Really. Look at her hair, it's long and beautiful and so black.."

"Ahem. Who's got a long, beautiful and black hair, Georgie?" Savanna appeared and demanded.

"Excellent, some ginger newts! Thank you, Sav!" I said as I grabbed the ginger newt from her hand and placed it in my mouth.

"What did McGonagall want and how is it that you have some ginger newts?" Fred asked Savanna.

"She just wanted to know about my Hogsmeade plans. Haven't you guys have one before?" she asked.

"No. We always asked McGonagall for some when we're summoned in her office, but she never gave us." I said, trying to sound hurt.

"Poor you." Savanna said and touched my arm. "Apparently, Sirius Black is after me." she added.

"He probably wants a hug from you, is all." I said.

"Or maybe a kiss on the cheek?" Fred suggested and Savanna laughed.

I listened to Savanna's laugh, which was contagious and so beautiful, it was like music to my ears. When I caught Fred looking at me, I shook my head and instead, grabbed Savanna's schoolbag from her.

(SAVANNA's POV)

I grabbed my robe and slowly sneaked out of the dormitory after making sure everyone was asleep. Hermione must have fallen asleep while reading a book. Typical her. I shook my head and went out.

"Going somewhere?" George asked and I almost jumped.

"Why are you awake?" I asked, trying to calm my heart down.

"I should ask you the same." he said, nodding at me.

"I..I fancied a walk." I said.

"Lies." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going to explain." I said and was about to head out, when I felt George's hand on my shoulder. He spun me around and I looked at him.

"Where are you going, really?" he asked.

"You're not going to let me hear the end of this, are you?" I asked and he leaned down, stopping near my face and I turned my head away a little.

"Never dreamed of it, Savanna." George whispered and then chuckled.

"I told you I fancied a walk and I might end up stargazing." I said.

"Stargazing?!" he demanded.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well, you're not going alone." he said.

"Oh, trust me I am." I said.

"You're going to get caught." he said.

"Not if I know shortcuts, I won't." I said.

"Oh do you, now?" he asked.

"Been doing this since I was in first year." I answered.

"You're still not going alone." he said.

"Fine! Come with me if you must." I said.

"That's the spirit." George said and grabbed my hand.

Twice we met Mrs. Norris, but twice, we also ran and hid from that cat. Finally, we reached the Astronomy Tower, the tallest one in the castle.

"How many times have you been doing this, again?" George asked as he sat beside me.

"Countless times." I answered. "So, where's Fred?" I asked and George's face changed a little or maybe I'm just sleepy.

"Asleep." he said.

"And you weren't?" I asked.

"Well, put it this way, Sav, I wasn't going to miss this chance to.." George began but I covered his mouth, when I heard something. He looked at me and I placed a finger on my lip, gesturing him to be quiet.

I stole a glance Professor Lupin grab an owl and tied a letter on it's leg. George pulled me and we both leaned on the wall to avoid being seen, but just as Professor Lupin turned to go back, I sneezed.

"Hello?" he called out, raised his wand and whispered "Lumos." The tip of his wand ignited.

"What are you two doing here?" he demanded as soon as he spotted us. I slipped and almost fell but George quickly grabbed my waist and Lupin helped him.

"We were.." George and I both began.

"We were just.." George said and looked at me.

"I wanted to go stargazing." I said and looked at Professor Lupin's eyes. "I usually sneak in here to stargaze when the starcharts look really beautiful and George caught me while I was sneaking out of the common room." I added. I saw Professor Lupin's eyes drop on George's hand which was still wrapped around my waist. George instinctively raised that same hand and scratched his head.

"Well, why don't I escort you two back to the Gryffindor common room?" Professor Lupin said and I nodded.

George and I were both quiet while Professor Lupin gave us a little lecture about sneaking out and told us we were both fortunate that Professor Dumbledore was never friendly on dementors, so while he's the headmaster, no dementors are to walk around the corridors.

"Go on, Mr. Weasley. I need a word with Miss Black." Professor Lupin said and George squeezed my shoulder and left me.

For a moment, our eyes met and I folded my arms on my chest, waiting for him to say something. He took a deep breath.

"I ought to give you a detention, Savanna." he said.

"I know, Professor." I said. I looked up and saw, that to my surprise, he was smiling.

"I know you won't like what I'm about to say, but you really do look like your father and since we're talking about him, I might say this as well, sneaking out and stargazing were his favorite things to do here in Hogwarts." he said.

"Did you know my father that well, Professor?" I asked, surprised to hear at what he just said.

"Let's just say, he was popular during his time in this school. Off to bed, Savanna. Good night." he said and left before I could reply.