‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 6

Alex's POV

I pushed past Damien and Alyssa then walked into the room. I found the closest chair and sat down before I could fall down. I wanted to grab Bailey and the kids then run away from all of this, but I knew nothing could ever be that simple.

"Alex, are you okay," Damien sat down beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head. "What is your plan?"

Damien looked at Alyssa then back at me. "We wait…for the arena to re-open."

I stood up quickly and grabbed hold of myself so that I wouldn't hit anything. "We can't! Jack will…he'll hurt them!"

"Alex, we know this is hard, but we are also here to stop Jack for good," Alyssa said softly.

"Damien, what would you do if you and Alyssa had kids? Your whole family was stolen and they were going to be hurt along with Jack marrying Alyssa and getting her another child, one that wasn't yours?"

Damien glanced over at Alyssa then frowned. He stood up then set his hand on my shoulder. "I wouldn't wait and kill him on the spot, but how do you suggest we get them out of here with Jack watching their every move?"

I frowned the sat down. How could we? I hadn't thought about it. Maybe Jack would leave to get supplies and what not. No, he'd take Bailey with him. That's when an idea came to my head.

"He thinks I'm dead, right?" I asked them. Damien nodded in response and raised an eyebrow.

"So we have that as an advantage. We just need to find a way to use it."

"What would you have us do, Alex? There is nothing to do aside from let him follow through with his plan."

I only nodded. There was nothing for me to say or do. I knew that they were right.

"Alex, why don't you go rest while Damien and I figure out our next move? As I mentioned before, you need as much sleep as you can get."

"Alyssa…I can't sleep right now. Not while they are right down the hall from me."

Alyssa jumped up in front of me and shoved my back. "You are going to lay your ass on that bed and get some rest, Alex."

My eyes widened and I took a small step away. "You can't be serious."

Damien laughed, "Dude, I wouldn't question her."

Alyssa pulled out the knife from her belt and held it in the palm of her hands. "You know I'm not afraid to use this, Alex."

I lowered my head then muttered, "Low blow…Fine. If anything happens let me know." I walked past them into the bedroom and passed out as soon as I hit the bed.

Jack's POV

I paced around my room impatiently for Bailey. I knew that she still had a couple more minutes to get back to the room before I had to assume that Damien was lying about being on my side. If she stalled with him then I knew something was wrong and that he could not be trusted.

"Boss, she is outside of the door. Shall I let her in," Zeke walked in through the door.

I let a smile creep across my face. "No, take her back to her room. We have some business to take care of."

"Yes, Boss. Shall I have someone else take her to her room or would you rather I escort her?"

"I need you. Just have someone else escort her. Make sure that she is tied down this time. No one enters her room unless instructed. I don't want another accident to happen."

Zeke nodded then whispered something outside of the room before closing the door behind him and standing up straight for further instruction.

"Here's the thing. We need to start the tournament as soon as possible, but we need more structure than we have. My father had a list of contacts that he left me incase anything happened to him in the prison. We need to contact them and get a hold of people who can be a part of our project. We need three people. One who will chase our victims down, one who is strong enough to carry the victim if needed and one who can manage the planning of each event. I believe that you are the brains. I also want to use one of Damien's guards so that I can keep an eye on what they are doing. That leaves the strength, so we will have to figure out who can fill that spot. "

"Yes, Boss. Thank you for this opportunity." I watched as Zeke bowed his head then turned around and left the room.

I sat back down on the bed that was centered in the room. The entire building was white. The walls, the floors, the sheets, the lamps, even the desks. I never knew why that was, but it did add a frightening sort of touch to it. It always reminded me of a hospital.

I thought that being out of prison would work out perfectly and I would be whole once again. Now that my father was killed I had no one. The revenge I had built up for so long was already gone because Alex was dead. At least that's what I thought would happen. Every time I saw Bailey's face it brought back the betrayal and I would get angry. I wanted to kill her now and be done with it, but that was too easy. Even my father had sworn his revenge on Alex before he died.

I laid back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "I'll finish this for you father. I know how much this place means to you. If you are watching…I hope that you are proud."

I laughed at myself when I finished. I had been looking up as though my father was up in heaven. No, that's where my mother would be. My father would be looking up at me from hell.

Alex's POV

I woke up to the sound of Alyssa and Damien arguing. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew that it couldn't be good. I got up then silently walked up to the white door that separated me from them. After gently placing my ear onto the cold door, I closed my eyes and focused on what they were saying.

"I have to go! We can't let Alex take part in the kidnapping all over again. Especially in his condition! He can't run after people all over again," Alyssa's voice whispered harshly.

"I don't know who else can do it, Alyssa. He has done this before and knows exactly what to do. I can't let Jack put you in that danger." Damien's voice sounded irritated.

"I am very much capable of being a runner for Jack."

A runner? Suddenly it hit. Jack was looking for people to start kidnapping again. What I didn't understand was why Alyssa was arguing about with Damien. Why would Jack trust any of Damien's men? Unless he planned on using them to get close…

I opened the door and caught both of their attentions. "I am going to be the runner. I've spent most of my life doing that."

Damien gave Alyssa an 'I told you so' smile and nodded in agreement. I glanced over at Alyssa to see her face completely pale. I knew that she wanted to watch over me and make sure that I made it through this, but I couldn't just sit around. Even if this killed me in the process, I had to make sure that my family lived.

"Fine, Alex. But if something goes wrong then we are switching. Don't blow your cover."

I grinned. "I won't let you down."

"It's not me you will let down," she mumbled.

I bit the inside of my lip. She was right. It wasn't her who I'd be letting down. It was my family and that was the reason behind all of this.

"Well, now that we have that accomplished, let's go meet up with Jack again," Damien spoke up.

"Again," I questioned.

"You were sleeping and we didn't want to wake you," Alyssa said nervously.

"So, you just let me sleep in while you both went to meet Jack? What happened? Did I miss anything?"

Alyssa shook her head. "Nothing other than who he wanted to be the runner. We should probably get going. We only came back to discuss our decision and wake you up."

I nodded then returned to the bedroom and quickly put on my clothes. Whatever happened meant that I had to quickly get ready and down there. Part of me hoped that Bailey or the kids would be there, but the other part was scared that they would be there and hurt.

"Let's get a move on then." Alyssa armed herself before opening the door and waiting for us to follow.

Damien gave me a pat on the back before walking past me and into the hall. I followed behind him and soon we were all walking in a line down the hall. I had no clue what was in store for us, but I knew that it wasn't going to be good. I knew that I was going to be the runner, but if Jack was following the old ways that meant that we still needed a Jack and an Anthony. Jack was too smart to throw himself under the bus so if he wasn't the strength then who?

We stopped in front of a large white door to our left with two guards on each side. Both had black ski masks and army clothes covering their bodies. They also had a belt around their waist that held pistols on each side and a knife tucked underneath it. Their hands were at their sides, but I knew that they could still get to the weapons quickly. These men were trained a lot longer than the few days that Jack was free.

Damien grabbed the knob then pushed the door open and soon we were in a room with a giant wooden table in the center and cheap wooden chairs all around it. Jack was sitting at the head of the table with Bailey to his right. Another man was next to him, but he was wearing a mask like the rest. It didn't matter who else was in the room though. I could only stare at Bailey.

Her eyes had bags underneath them showing that she hadn't been sleeping for a while. I also noticed how puffy and red they were, which meant that she had been up crying all night. The clothes she was wearing were the same as the day I was shot. This wasn't easy for her either. Where were the kids? Why weren't they here as well?

"If you could all sit down then we can get down business." Jack smiled at all of us.

Damien took the seat at the other end of the table with Alyssa and me on both sides. At first it was an awkward silence with all of us staring blankly at Jack. Why was he waiting to talk? We were sitting so where was his business? Did he not actually have any plans?

"Okay, so as of now we don't have any actually people to kidnap. That being said, we are going to start training our employees. The three who I choose to do the kidnapping will need to be in their best shape. Especially since we will be having a test to see who will win the position."

I held it inside, but I knew exactly what that meant. He wasn't going to use the kidnapped as testers. He was going to use his own men to see who the best was and test the arena all at once. Alyssa looked over at me with wide eyes and instantly I could tell that she wasn't going to chance having me try out for the challenge.

"Who are you putting through into the challenge, Damien?"

Before Alyssa could say anything I stood up and bowed my head. "That would be me, Sir."

I raised my head and saw that all eyes were on me. Even Bailey's eyes stared at me. Except she wasn't staring at me because I was standing up; she was staring at me like she knew who I was. Had I just blown my cover?

"Very well," Jack caught everyone's attention and the tension was gone. "There will be six people in the final arena. I've already planned that it is going to be a maze. However, unlike a normal maze this one will take place in a cave. The first three out will win their position. The other three will be killed. I'm not a fan of losing men so this is why there will only be six. Each contestant will be living in a room with an instructor. The room will have a work out station and kitchen with unlimited food. I ask that you, Damien, not speak with your man until after the arena."

Damien nodded and let Jack continue.

"That being said, training starts immediately. Trent is your name correct?" Jack's eyes met mine.

"Yes, Sir."

"You will be in a room with the person I choose. Since Zeke will be one of the contestants I am going to let Bailey train you."

My eyes widened. He was letting Bailey train me? Had I actually blown my cover and he was hiding it? Bailey didn't know the first thing about training people. What was the catch?

"Yes, Sir. Thank you for the privilege." I let my eyes fall on Bailey only to see her staring off into space. What was she thinking?

"I don't mean to sound out of place," Damien spoke up, "But why her? She doesn't have any training."

"I want her to succeed in this with me especially if she is to be my wife. Her training starts with him."

Damien nodded. "Alright, but if my man loses then I know who to blame."

This made Jack smile. "Very well. Anyways, Trent, leave your weapons with Damien and then follow Bailey to your room."

I nodded before shedding all of my weapons. This was something I did not see coming. I was excited that I would be able to watch Bailey, but I had no clue what was in store for me. I didn't want to admit it, but maybe Alyssa was right. I was not in my best shape and this could end badly for me. Or worse; my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please review! :D