Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Against The World

Monday morning found Patrick and I greeting the kids. Patrick's a student teacher and now he got transferred over to my class. I'm glad because that way I'll have some help around here with the kids.

"Hey uh, Trick?" I spoke up, getting his attention.

"Yeah, what's up?" He asked as he turned to look at me.

"Have you seen Tyler bother the boys lately?" I asked him as kids ran in, saying goodbye to their parents quickly before heading towards their friends.

"Friday during recess I saw Tyler approach the boys and I walked over to them so Tyler walked away, but other than that not really. Why?"

"No reason, just Alex asked me because he's worried."

"Daddy, no!" I heard Ben whine as Alex dragged him over to us.

"Benjamin, I have had enough of this. Please, just give me a break." Alex whimpered tiredly and I looked at Patrick who was looking at him sympathetically.

"Buddy, leave daddy alone. Look, Dylan's over there." I pointed out and Ben smiled before he ran off.

I looked over at Alex and his back was facing us, but his shoulders were shaking and I frowned. He moved off to the side and hid a bit as parents dropped their kids off. Patrick motioned for me to go with Alex and I nodded, giving him a smile before walked over to my boyfriend.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked quietly, placing a hand on his back.

"Trent told Ben the truth and some lies. He told Ben about being his other dad and made up some bullshit about me not letting him be with our son and all this other crap so now thanks to him, Ben hates me." Alex choked out.

"That mother fucker. How dare he?" I growled while pulling Alex into a hug.

"I-I gotta go. I'm heading home. I want to be alone for a few hours." Alex sniffled as he pulled away just as the bell rang.

"Alright, but anything you need call me. Don't hesitate." I told him while wiping away his tears.

"Ben, get back inside." I heard Patrick say.

"Dad!" Ben said and I saw him run over to Trent who picked him up happily.

"Hi kiddo. How about we go have a nice day out? Just us two, yeah?" Trent told Ben and I watched as Alex glared daggers at Trent.

"You're not taking him anywhere. He has to go to school. You want to take him out? Do it on the weekend." Alex told Trent who played the victim card with Ben.

"See what I mean, buddy? Your daddy doesn't want me to see you."

"Daddy's mean." Ben said and Alex whimpered, placing a hand over his mouth as more tears ran down his cheeks.

"He's very mean." Trent taunted.

"That's enough!" I yelled.

"Alex!" Patrick yelled and I saw him rush forward to catch the falling boy.

"Lex, baby what's wrong?" I asked in a panic as I cupped his face into my hands.

"C-Can't... breath." He choked out, eyes wide in fright as he gasped, trying to get oxygen into his lungs.

"He's having a panic attack. Guys, move back and give him some air." I instructed while I turned my attention to Alex. "Slow deep breaths baby. Come on, breath with me." I instructed him and watched him as he focused on breathing slowly.

I smiled at Alex as he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, his breathing back to normal now. I ran my hand through his hair a few times before standing up and facing Trent. Patrick had gone into the classroom.

"Look, right now's not the time to give Alex any more problems. If you want, come back tomorrow and take Ben if you want, but just leave." I told Trent who nodded and sighed.

"Ben, I'll come tomorrow. Your daddy's sick and we can't give him trouble today. I'll see you tomorrow bud." Trent told Ben who nodded sadly.

Trent set Ben down on the ground and looked at me.

"None of you are getting away from this shit easily. I will make your lives a living hell, even if it means causing this problem again for Alex. I will get what I want." Trent told me angrily and walked away.

"Ben, go in the class bud. I gotta make sure your daddy's okay." I told the kid who was eyeing his dad worriedly.

"Okay." Ben said and walked back inside while I knelt in front of Alex again.

"Love, are you alright now or do you want me to take you to the hospital or something?" I asked him worriedly.

"I'm fine, just give me a few more minutes. I'm really dizzy." Alex mumbled as he shut his eyes and leaned his head back on the wall.

"Need me to call someone to come get you or-?"

"N-No." Alex said and then he started crying again.

I sighed and pulled him into my arms, holding him tightly. Alex kept crying into my shoulder and I stood up with him in my arms. I walked out of the school building and stopped at his car, setting Alex down on the ground.

"I'm gonna drive you home and ask Jenna to stay with you." I told Alex as I unlocked the passenger side and helped him in.

I called Jenna and asked her to stay with Alex for awhile.

When I got back to the class, Patrick was reading the kids a story. Ben got up from his spot next to Dylan in the back of the circle and ran over to me, attaching himself to my legs. I smiled softly and patted his head, leading him to a table in the corner of the classroom.

"And daddy?" Ben asked worriedly, sitting down on my lap.

"Your daddy's still a little sick so Aunt Jenna is watching him until we go home later." I told Ben.

"Can we go know? I want daddy." Ben whimpered.

"Sweetie, we can't. We're still in school and I can't leave Mr.Stump all alone now can I?"

Ben shook his head sadly and he pouted. I smiled and told him to go back into the circle. I got up from the chair and started getting the next activity ready. By the time lunch time rolled around, Ben had insisted that we go see Alex a million times. I was about ready to cave in just so he would stop asking.

"Jack, please." Ben whined as he walked up to me while the others were playing in the playground.

"Benji, we can't." I told him and Patrick chuckled a bit next to me as Ben started to stomp his feet and whine like the spoiled little kid he is. "Benjamin, don't make me put you in time out."

"You're mean just like daddy." Ben told me and stormed off.

"Wow, awesome kid." Patrick said and I shoved him playfully.

"His stupid father, Trent, is really getting on my nerves quickly." I told Patrick.

"What you guys need is to get a lawyer. From what you've told me, Trent just wants to ruin Alex and make up lies to get the kid away from him and see Alex all depressed and stuff. And what Trent is doing right now is getting Ben to go against Alex and you." Patrick told me, looking over at the running and screaming children.

"You're right. When he showed up this morning, I knew trouble was going to start."

"Did you know about Alex's panic attacks?"

"I didn't. He's never told me anything of that sort. In fact, after all this I feel like I don't know him." I said.

Once school ended, I grabbed Ben and we headed to Alex's apartment where Jenna and Vic were talking.

"Where's daddy?" Ben asked as he looked around.

"He's sleeping sweetheart, but come here." Vic told Ben while opening his arms.

I walked over to them and sat on the other couch, watching as Vic pulled Ben onto his lap. Jenna looked at me and smiled sadly.

"He never told you, did he?" She asked me and I shook my head. "I don't know why he didn't tell you, but it's scary the firs time you see him go through something like this. Last time he had a panic attack was around a year ago."

"Yeah, they've been pretty much non existent. He's had little ones he can control on his own, but nothing as big as the one he had today." Vic continued, stroking Ben's hair.

I nodded in understanding and sighed. Standing up, I walked over to Alex's room and laid down next to him, pulling him close to me. Alex unconsciously curled up into my chest and I kissed his forehead. I felt Alex slip an arm over my waist and he sighed.

"You awake?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I haven't been able to sleep much. I just thought you were Vic or Jenna, they've been bothering me all day." Alex mumbled into my chest, tangling one of his legs in between mine.

"Look, I know you've had a rough day so I won't make you talk to me about it, but eventually you gotta tell me about your anxiety disorder." I told Alex, rubbing his back up and down, resting my chin on his head.

"Yeah, I figured. Where's Ben?"

"In the living room getting babied by Vic." I answered and Alex chuckled.

"He's not the only one. Kellin gets babied a lot."

I shook my head laughing and Alex rolled us over so he was on top of me. He looked down at me, placing his hands on my chest as he leaned down and crashed our lips together. Alex started to move his hips against mine, making me moan softly, but I pushed him away before we got further.

"Babe, as much as I would love to make love to you right now, we can't. There's a four year old out in the living room along with two of our friends." I reminded Alex who pouted and laid down on my chest>

"I know." Alex sighed.

We laid in silence for a few more minutes until Alex decided that he wanted to see Ben. We walked out into the living room holding hands and when Ben saw Alex, the kid simply ignored him. Alex sighed and sat down in the empty couch.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" Alex asked Ben, but Ben kept ignoring Alex.

"Benjamin, don't be rude." Vic scolded him.

"I want to see my dad!" Ben yelled angrily, getting off of Vic's lap.

"You won't see him until tomorrow now stop yelling." Alex scolded him.

"No!" Ben screamed. "You're mean! Daddy Trent was right, you don't love me."

"B-Ben." Alex whimpered and I could feel him shaking next to me.

"Benjamin, you need to drop this attitude right now." Vic told the boy again.

"You're not my dad!" Ben yelled again.

"Stop!" Alex yelled, his voice breaking in between the sentence and we all turned to look at him. "Go to your room and stay there."

"But-"

"Now!" Alex screamed and I watched as a frightened Ben ran towards his room and once the bedroom door slam shut, Alex burst into tears.

Jenna got up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen while I pulled Alex into my arms. Vic too looked about ready to cry, but instead he got up and walked over to Ben's room while Jenna walked back in with a glass of water. She handed the glass to me and I thanked her before pulling away from Alex and giving the glass to him. Alex really looks like a wreck. His skin was pale, eyes were tired and dark circles adorned them. Hair all over the place and tangled. He looked homeless almost.

~~~Vic's POV~~~

I walked into Ben's room and found him sitting on his bed looking out the window sadly. I closed the door behind me and sat down next to him slowly. Ben looked up at me with tears running down his face and that broke my heart. Between him and Alex, they would be the cause of my death.

"I-I made daddy cry." Ben whimpered.

"Sweetie, you saw that, didn't you?" I asked Ben.

"Y-Yes." Ben hiccuped.

Your daddy's very sad right now." I told Ben, running a hand through his hair. "The things you said earlier made him very sad. Come here kiddo." I pulled Ben onto my lap and held him tight. "Baby, you know your daddy loves you very much and he's never been mean to you. Your daddy struggled a lot when he had you. You wanna know why?"

"Why?" Ben asked me curiously.

"Because he was alone. Trent, he left your daddy because he didn't want a baby. Your daddy had to take care of you alone but he loved you very much. He always has and he's always wanted to give you the best. Ben, I know that you want to know Trent, but don't do this to your daddy. You saw the way he got in the morning when he couldn't breath."

Ben nodded and rested his head on my chest. The door opened and I looked over to see Kellin walk in. I smiled at him and he sat down next to me, arm wrapping around my waist. Ben looked up at Kellin and waved at him shyly before cuddling back into me.

"How's Alex?" I asked Kellin.

"He's in his bedroom with Jack. Jenna told me he was having another panic attack before I got here. She pretty much told me what happened today. A lot." Kellin spoke.

"A lot." I repeated and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is so depressing