Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

10

Early morning comes all to soon, but I know what I have to. Wiggling away from Hawk, I put a pillow in his arms and put on my clothing quickly, then I leave with my gear in my arms. Going down stairs, not even the front desk woman is there, so I just put two gold coins on the counter and then leave the building and get Smoke ready.

Giving him some food, as I set the gear up I keep looking around me, the air doesn’t feel right and I have a feeling I’m being watched but I don’t know where from. Once everything is on, I hoist myself up with my coat on and hat low over my four head to keep my eyes shelled from the rising sun. Once we are in town, we move fast and then once we are outside of it, I get Smoke in an easy run. If they did try to follow, they wouldn’t know who hove prints to follow there was so many already. ~Hawk if you hate me for this, I can understand that. I just want my family to be hole again. That’s all I want.~

<*>

We are half way threw the day and there is no sign of Jack or Hawk , which is good hopefully they went the wrong way and wont find me. Finding a watering hole, I let Smoke drink his fill as I do the same (water of course). It’s still a good distance till the next town and I was already starting to run out of animals to eat and drink from. Most of them spoiled because of them being out for so long, other’s just tasted bad.

Sitting down, I shed off my coat and hat, then wash my face. “How you holding up Smoke?”

He picks up his head and gives me a one shake of his head for yes. Smoke bread lives longer then most humans, I got him when he was just a baby for a birthday gift. I worked with him every day, even in the winters when my lips would turn blue.

Getting up, I put my coat back on and my hat, then we get going once again. Could travel threw night, we would get to the town faster and Smoke can stay awake as long as I can. My gut was also telling me, to keep moving and only stop when needed, because we were being followed some how and I didn’t like not seeing who was following me.

<*>

We get to the town, sooner then I thought we would. The sun starts to set and as it does, my feeling that something is coming gets stronger. I take Smoke to his resting area along with all the other horses and then check into a motel. The man is old well past his pride, he seemed happy to have company. I pay for the room and go to it. Taking off the coat and hat, I see something move. It was a person, I know it was but it was to fast to be a normal person it had to be a vampire.

My question was, why was it here? As far as I could smell in this town, it was all just humans. Given vampires hunt humans, it’s still rare enough for them to come to random towns. I don’t count, just because I’m looking for my brother.

“Em.” a whisper of an old nickname set on the winds.

Only one person ever called me Em, my parents didn’t even call me that because they liked my full name to well. Grabbing my whip and gun, I quickly leave the room. ‘Are you alright miss?” the man asks me.

“Get some where safe.” I tell him and then I go outside. “I know you are here Brent!” I yell out, as the wind picks up.

A cold chilling laugh fills the air. “So nice to see you as well little sister.” he says as he appears in front of me.

My guess on how big he was, I would have to say 6’4 and very built. His brown hair pulled back under his hat and his blue eyes just like they were when we were children, cold. He grew up to be that man that killed are parents, that is easy to see. But I believe that man had brained washed him and I still believe that.

“You heard about me looking for you or you just wondering around?” I ask him. I didn’t trust those eyes, Brent eyes might be lighter then mine but they never looked as cold as they do now.

“I acutely thought you were dead, that’s what grandfather told me. But when I heard, that there was a young girl looking for me and then the trackers all of the sudden not showing up. I thought to track you down and see if it was true.”

“How did you think I died? You seen me the night, you were taken.”

He laughs, but it’s a cold detaching laugh. “I remember that, he told me that you starved to death.”

“I knew how to hunt, just as well as you did Brent. You should known better.” I tell him.

He just shrugs his shoulders. “It’s in the past now sister, come let us return home.” he tells me.

“Where is home Brent?” I ask him itching to use my fire on him, the air was getting to cold even for the coming winter.

“Where grandfather is at, of course.” he says with a smile.

“What about are home? The one that we were born and raised at?”

“Means nothing, I hope it’s gone now. Weak people lived there.” he says coldly.

“Father was the Prince of are race! Mother taught us how to love the things around us! How can you call them weak?!” I scream out.

“They were weak, because father should had mated with a female vampire then we wouldn’t be half blooded vampires!” he silences after his outburst and a haunting look of grief almost spreads on his face. “Well you are, I’m almost full vampire now.”

My heart almost stops as I look at him. “How can you be-”

“Because I feed from vampires and humans!” he barks out and then he pulls back his anger and looks at me with hope in his eyes. “Please Em, come with me and then you to could be a full vampire as well.”

My fire comes out before I can stop it. “I will never go to that man! I hate him! I hate him with everything I have, he killed are family and took you away from me! Fed you lies and gave you a world that is cruel!” I scream out and blast him with so much fire I fall down on my knees crying. I hated being weak like this, I denied my body the blood it needed to fight. If I got one good hit on him, then I would hope that it would put him down for at least a few days-just until I was able to take him back to the Tribe to get him back to the way he was.

My hopes are taken from me, once I see him walk out of the fire with his body incased in ice. Are powers were different as night and day, my power was fire and his was ice. If my fire wouldn’t be hot enough or strong enough, I knew he would use his eyes to either kill me or in case me in a frozen state until he got me some where. That part scared me the worst.

“You are so weak sister, do you not feed? Do you neglect your body, the blood it needs?” he kneels down to me and brushes my hair out of my face.

I can’t even lift my damn arms up or my body for that matter. That fire blast took everything I had. “I feed when I need to.” I tell him.

“Why? Feed all the time, that’s what I do.” he tells me with a small smile.

Tears start to stream from my eyes. “Do you not remember what father taught us?”

“The things that we were like or the way he taught us to feed?”

“I’m sure you long forgotten lot of those sayings him and mother use to tell us any ways. I’m talking about the feeding. If you eat to much, your vampire side will take over your humanity and the humanity is the only thing that keeps us one with the humans.”

“We are not human and you know it!” he barks out.

I wince at his words, he was right we weren’t humans and we weren’t vampires either. We were both. “I know.” I whisper.

Without another word Brent throws me over his shoulder and takes us to where the horses rest. He puts me on Smoke who has different gear on him this time, its all pure white. But I notice Tram is in one of the saddle bags, he wont let anything happen to me and neither will Smoke. A screech fills the air and I barley am able to look up in the sky to see the hawk flying over head. Not even Arrow would leave me.

Once I am on Smoke, he gets on a white horse. I noticed right away, that he was the same type of horse Smoke was. He was shape shifter Pegasus, but he was white and had black saddle gear on. We go out of the group of horses and head out of town. “Why not just kill me here and save your time?” I ask him barley being able to stay awake.

Brent grabs the rains from me and pulls along side of me and Smoke. “Because I’m not going to kill you, I’m taking you to are grandfather he wants to see you.” he tells me.

~That is like killing me, but he wants to do it him self.~ glancing at Brent the image of my big brother is taken over by a person I don’t even know. ~Why did you have to change?~ then everything goes dark after that thought in my mind.