Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

11

I was in the belly of the beast now, I just knew it. I hated the feeling, that someone was going to kill me and very well drink what ever left in my blood. I had dreams about this so much, I refused to sleep half the time because of it. I’m placed on something soft. A bed maybe? Why bother though, if they were just going to kill me?

Someone kisses me on the four head. “Sleep well sister, awaken soon.” Brent tells me softly and then I hear a click. But soon I feel my clothing being taken off. I want to fight back, but my body wont allow me to.

This was what feeling helpless meant. I was as helpless as a baby, but even then I still had my parents and my big brother, that made faces at me and I would make them back at him. One single tear slips threw my eyes, I wanted those old memories back and I wanted are parents back oh to much. I wanted to father burst in to save me and kill all those, that were in his way.

<*>

Opening my eyes, I feel stronger now but I soon find out why. A blood bag looking thing is set up and some sort of clear rope goes into my arm. The bag is almost empty. Looking in the trash can it looks like there is at least, five used up bags. Not even a single drop remains.

Looking down at what I am wearing, I wear a white night gown. Something are mother would had worn.

The door opens and I don’t know if I should fight or just burn their hair off their head. Brent walks in and almost looks surprised that I’m awake. “How are you feeling?” his voice is low, as if he might scare me if he would use a louder voice.

“I want this thing out of my arm!” I snap.

He walks over to the bag and looks at it, as it hangs on something with hook. “You need it to finish, then I can take the needle out of your arm.” he tells me and then he sits down on the bed. “You haven’t been to a doctor in a long time, have you?”

I heard about doctors, I didn’t like them or their officers for that matter.

He shakes his head. “I’m going to take your silence as a yes then.” he reaches for my hand put I pull it away and glare at him. “I’m sorry for the way, things ended up for you to be here I really am.”

It was as if the big brother I knew and loved was talking to me, but those cold dead eyes told me differently. He was saying things, he thought I needed to here. “He’s going to kill me Brent.”

He almost looks shocked, that those words just came out of my mouth. “No he won’t, he just wants are family hole again.” he tells me.

“Then tell him to bring mother and father back.” I tell him.

He reaches for me again, but this time I use my fire on him sending him off the bed. “He can’t do that.” he says above hardly a whisper. “You need to rest some more.” then he is out of the room again and locks it.

Slowly getting up out of the bed, my legs almost give out from under neither me they tingle so bad. Forcing myself to stand, I go over to the window. There is at least a thousand people below. Most vampires, leading chained dirty looking humans into mines or some where else. One of the male vampires looks up and sees me, he winks at me and then uses his whip on some pour soul. I look away quickly, before I hear the snap sound and quickly walk away from the window all together. I didn’t care if that man looked up at the window again, for all he knew I could been a ghost.

The door opens again, but this time two girls walk in. They are humans, that is easy to tell there is fear in their eyes and their hearts are beating quickly, as if their hearts will come out of their rib cages. The door closes behind them.

“We are your servants.” the little blond tells me.

“Master wishes to see you.” the black haired one tells me.

“We need to get your changed.” blond tells me.

“I can do it myself, just give me the clothes.” I tell them reaching out my hand.

“But we have to help you.” the black haired one almost wines.

“You can stay in the room if you want, but I can change myself.” I tell them.

They say nothing, they just hand over the pants, the shirt and my hat. My coat wasn’t in sight and I hated that, I grew up in that coat almost, ever time father would come home from some where I would put it on and act like I was a traveler.

After handing over the clothes, I walk into the bathroom and change. “Miss, are you a vampire as well?” the blond one I would have to guess, asks.

Simply walking out of the bathroom once I’m changed, I mess with my hat and place it like I normally have it. “Yes and no. Stay in here if you want or go on about your day.” I tell them and then I leave the room.

<*>

Going outside, I find Brent with his back to me as he over sees the humans being abused. A child more then eight is stumbling to get grab his bag, but the man I seen before raises to whip him just like he did the other person. Without thinking about it, I fire blast the man and send him flying. Brent doesn’t move at first, but once he looks at me his eyes are dead and cold. He shoots ice at me, but is shoot fire back at him. Are powers clash together in a draw.

“Behave your self.” he warns me and then he turns his back on me once again.

I shoot fire off at his hat, sending it flying. “Don’t tell me what to do.” I growl out.

He turns and snarls at me, showing me his fangs. A hardy laugh stops any further attack between us. “Oh I have missed you so much Emily! Even after all off this time, you still got a fire all to yourself.” the old man says walking over to us.

Grandfather has hardly changed, he still has white hair combed back tucked under his black cowboy hat, dark gray button down shirt, dark blue jeans, a long black coat and black boots with spurs on them. “You haven’t changed Bruce.” I will not call him grandfather to his face, it would make him to happy with himself. He is a snake that likes to act like he is nothing but a friendly snake, but that is when he will strike.

He reaches out his arms and laughs. “Oh come dear, you know to call me grandfather. I am your grandfather after all.”

His follows look up and look over at us, they want me to follow orders just like they do but I won’t do it. “I would call you such a name, if you hadn’t killed my family and taken my brother.”

“Your brother is free to leave when ever he is.” he tells me after dropping his arms.

“Is that what you told him, after he dropped to his knees in submission?!” I hiss out.

“Emily!” Brent growls out.

“Tell me I’m wrong, I dare you.” I slowly start to walk around are so called grandfather. “You can’t tell me I’m wrong, can you? Because you know that father gave me more then my fire ability.”

He laughs a hearty laugh. “Yes I forgot your father had more then fire and ice as his powers.” he looks at Brent. “Your father was selfish Brent, he gave you only one power as he gave your sister more then one.” he tells him.

Brent is about to open his mouth, before a man comes riding threw. “Sir, we have trespassers.”

Grandfather shakes his head. “Alright,” he looks at me. “Emily why don’t you go with them and see what happens to trespassers I’m sure you will like this.”