Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

6

I have one last big meal with the Tribe and hope that Jack will stay behind. Though as I get on Smoke, I am very wrong because he gets on his own hours. I want to kick him in the shoulder and send him off the hours, then get going.

“Take Arrow with you, he will keep us knowing of how you are doing.” The Chief tells me, as the red tale hawk flies down and onto my arm. “Watch over her Arrow. As well as you Smoke and Tram.”

Tram pokes his head out of his saddle bag flicks his tong a couple of times and then goes back into his bag. “We will be back before you know it.” I tell him and then I send Arrow back to the sky.

I say goodbye to the people and then we ride out. It will be a four day ride to the next town that has people. By night fall or early morning, we should come a cross a town they said was dissertated and had death in it. With any luck, something will be around there to give me a clue before we go to the town of Black Toe. Bad name I know, a lot of towns I have been to have bad names.

“So they gave us some food? That’s great of them to do.” Jack says.

I just shake my head, I still haven’t told him what I am. I would have to drink the blood of the animals before we cooked them, that would make him ask questions but I could easily lie about the blood. A deep howl lifts to the sky, making us stop. “You go on ahead just keep going east and I’ll catch up.” I tell him.

“Are you sure?” he asks as the white wolf appears.

I just shake my head, so he goes on to leave us alone. “Don’t give me that look.” I tell Hawk as he sits on his butt and flicks his tail, his eyes glaring back at me. Getting off of Smoke, I walk over to him, pulling my hat back so he can see my face. “I don’t want you to worry about me.” he huffs at me, as if that is an impossibly task in it’s self. “I can take care of myself.” he huffs again and then I flick him on the nose, which only gets my hand trapped in his mouth between his sharp teeth. “I will come back, you can’t get ride of me that easily,”

He turns back into a man, my hand is claps between his two hands and he looks down at me, with eyes that say he is lonely. “I’m coming with you.” he kisses my palm and then my fingers.

“No your not.” all of the sudden he pulls me into him and holds me in place. I can feel his pride twitch. “ Hawk you have to stay here, you are going to be the next Chief you know this.”

He shakes his head. “I won’t become the next Chief, if you aren’t there beside me.” he whispers.

~Forgive me.~ with out warning I hit a spot on his body to make him sleep. My mother had taught me how to do such things when I was little, if there was any time my fire wouldn’t work and I didn’t have my weapons on me. Laying him down, I kiss him on the four head. “I’ll be back soon.” I whisper to him and then I get on Smoke, then ride away.

<*>

It’s nearly sun down and we have reached the old town, that was left a long time ago. Everything still stands, with some holes in some of the buildings, it’s all the same almost. Jack rides around, as I lead Smoke around looking around and letting the past over take me. I had heard rumors about this place, sickness had came out of no where and killed a lot of people. Madness did the rest, with the loss of their family and friends, they turned on one another thinking they had killed them.

Coming to the hotel, I pear in and I see the way people left it. Tables and chairs over turned with bullet holes, some clothes lay around the place with skeletons on the ground clutching their weapons.

Stepping back out, the sun starts to set even more. Getting on Smoke, we go into search for Jack and of course that’s not hard he found the liquor store and was grabbing what looked good to him. “You do know, that they could gotten sick from that stuff right?”

He looks at the bottle of rum, as if it’s nothing but a harmless flower. “Rum could never kill.” he tells me.

“Sickness can be spread threw liquid, food, touch, breathing and failed health. If you get sick, I’m going to shoot you, because I’m not going to get sick.” I tell him.

He looks at the bottle again and puts it back in the store. “So where do you think we should sleep?” he asks looking around the place, most likely wondering where ever died or dropped dead.

“Sleep where ever you want, I’m sleeping in the hay with my horse.” I tell him, then I lead Smoke on. I can feel eyes on us, they are far away, but I can feel them on us all the same. We were being watched and they weren’t friendly, they are after me now just because they know I’m getting close now. ~Let them come, they would bring me closer to Brent soon enough.~
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscribe? Recommend?