Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

8

Day brakes, the sun rises high in the sky with only hours of coming up. It’ll still take a day or two, just to get to the next town. The howls subsided after leaving the town, but I know we are being tacked-though this time by friends. Jack hasn’t talked to me once, he has kept his distance holding on to the two black horses. We can’t sell these hours, or at least in the town we are going to.

Pulling out a map, I look threw it and find a town we can trade them. “We can trade these hours later today, we will be going threw a market area for travelers.” I tell him.

“Are you going to kill me?’ he whispers out.

“Wasn’t planning on it.” I tell him truthfully.

“Why?”

“Honestly I hate taking lives, but when I come a cross a wanted poster and if the money is more if they are dead, then I will do it. So don’t worry, I’m not going to kill you.”

“Do others know what you are?”

“Not a lot of people and if we want them to forget, we just got to take away their memories. I’m not good at that though, just because I’m half vampire and half human.”

“Did you parents know what you were?”

“Yes, my dad was the vampire Prince of the regain but died and my mother was human, she gave birth to my brother and myself. She also died on the same day as my father.”

He shakes his head, but he looks paler then before. “Who killed them?”

A flash back of what happened pops into my head. That man using a shadow power of some sort of, turning mother shadow on her and killed her on the spot. Father was outraged and used the two powers he gave Brent and myself together, but he soon died after that man used another power to call on the earth and then ripped out his heart. “My grandfather, he is the vampire King.”

“Why did he kill them?” he whispers out.

My fingers tighten on the rains. “Because he had children with a human.” loosening my grip on the rains, I look up at the sky. Nothing is really up there, other then a few clouds. “I’m done talking about this now.” I tell him.

<*>

We find the market, but I tell Jack to stay outside of it. This wasn’t a normal market, it was only for vampires, demons and your once in a blue moon witch and I didn’t trust him if we did find one. He was to much of a womanizer as it was. Leading the four black horses in the market, people look at me. There was a reason I left Smoke with Jack and that’s because, these people will jump at the chance to have a Pegasus shape shifter. The shape shifter Pegasus are different from the normal Pegasus and that’s just because they are half real horse and half Pegasus. If anyone really did have a Pegasus, people would talk about it and try to hunt it down for way to much money.

Walking to the horse area, I pull the horses in and the man checks them out. “40.000.” he says rubbing his stomach.

“50,000.” I tell him.

He looks at me as if I am nothing. “45,000.” he says umpping the price, but its not the price I want.

“50,000 or I walk.” I tell him.

He gets closer to me. “50,000 and more.” he tries to run his hand up my arm but I snatch it and almost brake it.

I show him my true nature and right away he gives me the money. “Thanks.” then I look around the market, grabbing food and supplies. After my shopping is done, I head back to Jack and are horses handing him some normal human food that was made. “Let’s go, I can’t afford anyone seeing Smoke.” I tell him, as we get moving around the small market.

“Why is that?” he asks eating some steamed meet.

“Because he is the same type of horse that those other four were.”

“What kind is he?” he asks pulling off a big chunk.

“I’m not going to tell you.” I tell him as we get the edge of the town.

“Why-” but he is cut off by shooting.

“She has a half bread Pegasus!” someone yells out.

“Uh Emily, what should we do?” he asks.

“Take Smoke, get far away from here as you can. He’ll let you know when it’s safe to come back.” I tell him grabbing my whip and gun. “Go now.” I tell him jumping down as my fire takes over the whip.

Without questioning me, he gets going as fast as he can get his horse to run. Slashing out the whip, ground turns up in front of the people trying to get him. “You bitch!” one of them screams out.

“There are four in there, that I just took in. Buy one of those.” I tell them.

“Your horse has the mark of the royal family! We want that one, to show to the King.” one of them snarls out.

I had forgotten about Smoke gray main spot, its some times to spot even from the distance we were at. “No one touches my horse!” I yell out and slash out again, hitting someone and then they die with in seconds.

“She is of royal blood!” someone screeches out.

“Hardly, now you all are going to stay far away from my horse, me, my friend and his horse. You got it?” I snarl out showing them my fangs.

A few of them don’t lesson and try to grab me, they know I am worth more then my horse just because of the bounty that is out on my head because of that man. He wants me dead. But what doesn’t make since, there is the same amount of money on my head alive and dead. Of course, there are only fliers up where most of my kind live. With a loud snap the few vampires combust into flames and with everyone seeing what I did, I make a run for it.