My Whole World

Crazy Romantics

Zach’s POV:
“How was your first day of recording?” I ask Brooklyn when she gets home. She throws herself on the couch.
“Exhausting! I did not know it was going to be such a pain. Four people all throwing around what they think is the right opinion.
“Welcome to the wonderful world.” I kiss her and she sits up.
“I’m too tired to eat.” She says and I laugh.
“Suck it up because I made spaghetti for you.” I tell her and she runs to the kitchen and grabs a plate.
“That was so sweet of you.”
“It’s the only thing I can make and not murder.” I tell her and she laughs.
“We’ll just have to work on that then.” She tells me.
“Oh great.” I say.
“Shut up and eat, Zach.”
“Are you ready to record more tomorrow?” I ask her and she looks at me.
“Let’s not discuss that. I am ready, I just hope it gets easier from here.” I take her hand.
“It does. It’ll take a while, but you’ll get used to it. You’ll learn how everyone thinks and when you should take their advice.”
“You better be right.” She tells me.
“I’ve been at this a while.” I remind her.
“Please, that is what Stephen said today and he was wrong most of the time. Every time Katelyn, Morgan, or I suggested something it ended up working.”
“Are you going to switch labels this early?” I ask her.
“I really don’t want to think about that yet. Probably not, but I’ll have to see how everything works out.”
“Things will be fine.” I tell her.
“Hey, Zach, what did you say to Morgan when she called this morning?”
“Why? Was she upset?” I ask Brooklyn. That girl is way too sensitive.
“No, but she had her usual jokes.” Brooklyn tells me and I laugh.
“She was freaking out about her wedding. I told her she should be careful or Cameron might call it off.”
“Do you just hate me?” Brooklyn asks and I laugh.
“Funny, that’s exactly what Morgan asked.” Brooklyn rolls her eyes and washes her plate off.
“Can you believe we’ve already been married a month?” She asks and I walk next to her.
“You’re changing the subject a lot. Is there something on your mind?” I ask her.
“No, I’m just tired.” She tells me. I take her plate and put it in the dishwasher.
“Are you sure?” I ask her and she nods.
“But we may want to buy a house pretty soon.” She tells me.
“Wait, are you pregnant?” I ask her.
“No, I’m not. I want kids, I just want us to enjoy being married for a while first.” I’m relieved when she tells me this.
“So do I. We have plenty of time to start a family.” I hold her close and she starts to fall asleep.
“And I can’t wait.” She says, quietly.
“You, my dear, should go to bed.”
“Zach, it’s only six.” She laughs.
“Fine, we can watch movies all night until you fall asleep.”
“Sounds great.” We race to the couch and end up watching three movies.