Status: This story is already finished and I'm currently writing the sequel which I will post on here soon. (:

A Warped Summer

Chapter 16: The City Lights

Chapter 16: The City Lights

"Get off of me!" Dahvie yelled. I laughed qand scooted off of him.

"You haven't talked to me in forever so let's catch up sometime!" I shouted at him, before running off in another direction.

"Why noot now?!" He yelled after me. Kellin ran past him and Dahvie looked at me with a look that said, "really?" I nodded and kept running until I made it over to the Sleeping With Sirens booth.

"Hide me for dear life!" I screamed next to Justin. He pushed me under the counter and I heard Kellin's feet come to a halt.

"Okay, where is she?" I heard him say.

"Are you two fighting again?" Justin asked, avoiding the question.

"Nope! I'm just chasing her. We are kind of friends now, I guess. . ." I heard Ranen laugh, and I saw Dahvie's and Ranen's feet stop in front of me. I'm glad they can't see me under this curtain!

"You and Iris, f-f-friends?!" Dahvie started stuttering in his laugh.

"Yep! And by the way, where is Iris?!" Kellin started walking around, and I kept looking under the curtain to make sure none of them would look over here.

"Shouldn't you know? I mean, she went that way," I heard Justin say. I giggled under my breath when Kellin ran off the other way. I slowly made my way out from under the counter and broke out laughing.

"What did you do to our poor mean Kellin?!" Ranen shouted at me after she realized I was behind her.

"I made him my friend!" I said, jumping up and down. "He's actually such a softy and every- what are you guys laughing at?" I started to say, but had to stop at them looking at me, then laughing their heads off. What the hell?

A hand clamped over my mouth and I was shoved onto the counter and someone started to tickle me up and down my sides. My eyes blurred with tears and I couldn't see the person, but i had an idea of who it was.

"P-p-please s-stop!" I nmanaged to choke out. I started to try and breath but I just kept laughing and soon enough I was seeing flashes in my vision. Wait, I'm not suppose to be seeing flashes! When the flashes continued, the person stopped tickling me and I sat up on the counter to see a line of fans taking pictures of me and Kellin. He stood beside me and I punched his shoulder hard.

"Ow!" He whined, rubbing his arm where I hit him and pouting.

"Oh grow up, and what was that for?! I thought you fucking walked off you creep!"

"Creep?! Where the hell did you get that?"

I patted his head and chuckled while forcefully saying, "Many reasons young grasshoper. Many reasons." He swatted my head and someone picked me up from behind. I looked behind me to see Daxon, Jaxon, Tracey, and Rollen picking me up. I then remembered something and told them to put me down. They did and I laughed evily and grabbed Kellin's hand and walked behind the tent. When we were behind it, I smiled up at him and crossed my arms. He looked down at me confused and I punched his shoulder playfully.

"So you hit on me while you're dating Rollen, huh?" His eyes widened and he started stuttering.

"We're not really dating," I heard him whisper after he finally managed to stop stuttering. I rasied my eyebrows as he shifted under my gaze.

"Then why did you both share such a passionatte kiss?" I questioned him.

He shifted again and mumbled something inaudible for me to hear.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked. He looked up and glared at me.

"I asked her to pretend to date me so I could make you jealous," he said. I held my stomach and started laughing as my brother came around the side of the tent with my band and Eliza.

"So what're you guys doing here?" Max asked. I laughed and pointed to a blushing Kellin.

"Questioning Kellin as to why he'd think jealousy would work on me!" Everyone gave me a confused look except for Rollen and Kellin.

"That makes no sense and Iris?" Max said.

"Hm?"

"Your manager told me to tell you that you're going to have to sleep in the back room with Dahvie, Ranen, Kellin, and Andy." I frowned. I then turned to Kellin who was smirking at me.

"You are not sleeping next to me is all I can tell you," is all I said to him. I smiled wider.

"Well, I'm sure Dahvie and Ranen will sleep with each other. So I guess you're stuck with me."

"Uh-uh-uh!" I said, poking his chest with every 'uh' I made. "Andy can sleep next to me since he's more comfortable. I'm not sleeping next to you, you creep!" He frowned at me and began to fake cry. I punched his shoulder even harder thgan before and he glared at me playfully.

"Meanie," he mumbled.

"Baby," I mumbled back.

That's how it started.

"Weirdo!" He shouted.

"Panyscake!"

"Crazy!"

"Dope-head!"

"Little Flower!"

"Grumpy Shades!"

"Glowing Rainbow Head!"

"Damn Black Head!"

"Would you two just get a room and make out or something?!" Andy yelled, coming to join the chuckling bunch as me and Kellin argued with each other. "Geez! You two sound like an old married couple!" Me and Kellin exchanged looks; Kellin's face was more perverted than my face which was disgusted. Kellin's face was this smirking face that he had on and he was holding in laughter.

"You heard him! Let's get a room!"

"No way Harley. I'm not being in the same room as you. Hell no!"

"Aw! But we'd get along so well! Maybe even closer," he said, moving slightly closer to me.

I looked over at Andy and blurted out, "I'm sharing the space next to you in the back room if you don't mind." He chuckled and nodded.

"She's mine Quinn!" Andy shouted out, walking over and hugging me.

Kellin frowned and then replied with, "No! You have Vainen! Iris is mine!" He pouted, and literally pulled me over to him. I crashed into his chest, and I honestly have to say he smelled really nice and heavenly and is he wearing cologne or am I just imagining- What. Am. I. Thinking?!

"I don't know but I think you're speaking your mind again, Iris." I cursed under my breath as Kellin said this. "And do I really smell nice?" I punched his arm, once again and then I ran off towards the bus, his feet right on my heel.

"You little devil!" He shouted after me. I giggled and jumped on the bus. But, I did something just to agrivate him: I locked the door. His fists pounded on the door and I just laughed and headed over to the bunk. I grabbed all of my clothes until I could hear the jingle of keys. Shit! I packed all the clothes in the duffle bags and threw it over my shoulder as I heard a key go into the hole of the lock. I opened the door to the back room and threw it in and ran over to the window next to the bed right when I heard the door burst open. While I heard him walking in the front where the bunks were, I climbed out the window and up the side ladder, and when I got to the roof, Kellin's head decided to poke out the window.

"What are you doing up there?" He called out. I giggled once again before replying back with, "I want to see if it's true!" He gave me a confused look before I said again, "About where you'd get ont he roof at nighttime and look at the city lights!" And with that Kellin smiled and climbed up next to me as the first star shone in the sky, and for a moment, I just stared at it. I wondered if it was my dad looking over me. I wondered if he'd visit me in my dreams tonight. That's the thing. I've still been having those dreams about me and my so called husband. I don't even know who he is. I always wake up before I could see his face. The only thing I see are his eyes. Those grey eyes. I don't even know how, but I know they aren't suppose to be that color. They were suppose to be green or blue. I'd always get that feeling around him like the world would just slow down and I'd get that warm feeling in my heart. It would spread throughout my body, and it wasn't a "spark" as people would describe it. It was just this heat.

I tried to think of it as when I would cook something back at home and when I'd fry something, I'd remember the heat would spread through the food and kind of sizzle with the heat. That's kind of how I remember the feeling. Except, it felt so real.

"You wanted to see the city lights?" Kellin asked, and I could faintly see his face in the darkness. Today had gone by pretty fast. I nodded my head and he pointed towards behind me. What was in front of me would never compare to the small town of mine. It was beautiful. "It's what none of us have thought of doing except for you," Kellin spoke out. "It's absolutely beautiful." I nodded my head and smiled.

This is the best summer in the world. And it's only the beggining.