Status: This story is already finished and I'm currently writing the sequel which I will post on here soon. (:

A Warped Summer

Chapter 20: The Last Time I Saw Your Eyes

Chapter 20: The Last Time I Saw Your Eyes

(Back to Iris's PoV)

I neve thought much of it, but I think I liek Oli Sykes. I just met him today, but I think he's really nice. And Kellin said he was a player? Psh! That's a bunch of shit! I think he's jealous.

"So Iris- I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go out sometime?" Oli asked me. Kellin had left a moment ago. I smiled at Oli. I really like his accient. It was like Beau's . . . He was a Britain!

"Yeah sure," I said, acting as casual as possible. He smiled and kissed my cheek then walked off the bus with a, "See you later doll!" I blushed and hid into Andy's chest as he was on my other side.

"Aw! Is Irislane getting some!" Renee said, jumpinf up from her spot and dancing around like a mad-man.

"No! I'm just getting used to dating guys . . ." I said shyly. Renee and Andy giggled and I chuckled into Andy's armpit. He really needs to wear deoderant more.

"Well you don't nesassrily smell nice too!" Andy said back at me. Why must I speak my thought? I may never know.

"Sorry! But you stink," I announced, getting up to go change. I went to the bunks and pulled out some different clothes than the ones I wore yesterday. I dressed up into a long shirt and cardigan and added some dreamcathing things to the set and when i looked in the mirror, I felt satisfied with the choice of clothes.

I wlaked back into the main room to finish my soup and found it empty. Renee pouted and I went to go get more soup. While I heated up more soup for this damned virus, my phone vibrated and I didn't even bother to check the ID. I just answered with a, "Hello?"

"Hey Iris, are you and Oli dating because i was just wondering and all but you don't have to tell me because it's none of my business but I should know because we're friends and all and I must sound so much like a stalker at the moment and-"

"Kellin! Shut the fuck up!" The line went silent and I began to question why he was caling me in the first place.

"Kellin, are you jealous?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

It was silent for a minute and for a second I wondered if I was just wrong. I hope Kellin got over me though. I don't feel really sure about me having any feelings for him anymore. Oh well.

"Maybe," he said, and I doubted every word that just crossed my mind.

"kellin, i don't know how to say this, but I don't really like you." It was silent for several minutes until I heard the thing I never should have heard. The familiar buzzing sound filled my ear. He hung up on me!

I slammed my phone onto the coutner and Renee walked in.

"I heard the whole thing hun." I gave her a warm smile and we sat down at the table. "So do you really like Oli?" She asked me sincerely. I nodded my head. I really did like Oli. I just got this feeling around me. Maybe he's the one. . . I wouldn't know, but if he is, I just want this tour to go by as slowly as possible, even f it is year-round. Oh was I wrong.

~(I am so sorry for the longest time-skip in history, but I NEED to!) 11 months later~

"Come on Iris! You need to go talk to Kellin! There's something wrong with him!" Oli exclaimed. We had finally made it to the same state as Kellin (yes, we were now in the U.S. and Kellin is now on another tour) and Oli and everyone else kept bugging me about how there is something worng with Kellin. A lot has hapenned this year. I'm dating Oli Sykes (as his official and serious girlfriend) and I am now eighteen, and I got to be in Batman ozzie for the first time!

"Fine! I'll go talk to him! After his show, okay?!" I screamed as Oli pushed me more and more towards the Venue Kellin was playing at. I giggled and Oli spun me around. His face was a few mere inches from mine, but before I could lean in, his lips crashed into mine. It was moments like this when I thought I could fly.

His lips were rough, but they were als holding a longing sensation that told me he just wanted to treasure this moment forever. And so did I, but of course Daxon and Jaxon were abnoxious today. They hopped onto me and Oli's backs and I thwacked them both in the heads when they got off of us. They just had to ruin this moment! This perfect moment!

"Hey Iris! Come watch the SWS set!" Andy screamed behind Oli. I pecked him on the lips and then went off with Andy. I am now positive Oli is the one. We've gotten so serious in these past 11 months, that Andy told me Oli's neer kept a realtionship for this long. When I asked him that, he simply said, "Oli is a really hard player on girls. Surely someone told you that?" I nodded, remembering Kellin. Kellin. He never calls me anymore. And when he does, he just says hi then hands the phone over to one of the guys. They keep telling me he's been busy with Copeland lately. Yeah, he also got Cope back a few months ago. Katelynn is now married again to the guy she cheated on with Kellin, and he once said he understands that. He said something about, "If you like two people at the same time, choose the seond. If you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second." Then he hung up and didn't call me for a whole month! I'm really starting to get pissed at hi. I don't even know what his problem is! He just needs to suck it up and leave me out of it!

We reached the stage and they were just about to finish their last four songs.

"Okay, so this one is for all the people all there who've had a crappy relationship!" If You Can't Hang started and me and Andy started to bounce in our places on the side of the stage.

Met a girl at seventeen
Thought she meant the world to me,
So I gave her everything,
She turned out to be a cheat
Said she'd been thinking for a long time
And she found somebody new
I've been thinking that this whole time

Well I never thought you'd stay
That's okay
I hope he takes your filthy heart
And then he throws you away some day
Before you go, there's one thing you oughta know

If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door

I don't wanna take your precious time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time
I don't wanna take up all your time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time

You're the lowest type
You're the lowest

I met a girl stuck in her ways
She found a boy she knew she'd change
I changed my clothes, my hair, my face
To watch us go our separate ways
She said we've grown apart for some time
But then she found somebody new
I hope Mr. Right puts up with all the bullshit that you do

Stay the hell away,
While I sit here by myself
And figure out how I got this way
Before you go, there's one thing you oughta know

If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby
If you can't hang then, there's the door

I don't wanna take your precious time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time
I don't wanna take up all your time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time

I don't want to get things confused
She said she'd never settle for some boy she couldn't use
So now I gotta call the doctor
So he can prescribe me medication
So I can deal with all the memories of being here this way

I met a girl at twenty-three
Knew she meant the world to me,
So I gave her everything,
And she did the same for me

Imagine that!
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty face
No you're such a pretty, pretty face
Well, oh yeah...
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty face
No you're such a pretty, pretty face

I don't wanna take your precious time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time
I don't wanna take up all your time
'Cause you're such a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time

Would you please stay and come inside, baby
Would you please stay and please be mine, baby
Would you please stay and come inside, baby
Would you please stay and please be mine?

We all laughed as Kellin started to kiss the air. I even laughed! He's such a weirdo.

"Okay, now this song is to everyone out there whose got someone they love in their eyes. This is, If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn! But, we're going to slow things down a bit so Jesse, get your ass over here!" We all laughed as Jesse puted and sat on his stool.

He started to strum and me and Andy swayed back and forth.

[Intro:]
Stay for tonight
If you want to
I can show you
What my dreams are made of,
As I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here

[Verse 1:]
How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, 'cause I could sing you a song
But I don't think words can express your beauty
It's singing to me
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me
I fell in love from the moment we kissed
Since then we've been history

[Chorus:]
They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

(If you want to, I can show you.)
(If you want to, I can show you.)

[Verse 2:]
It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of
And I can't fall asleep,
I lay in my bed awake at nights,
And I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love
It could mean everything, everything to me
Ooh This could mean everything to me

[Chorus:]
They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever...

[Bridge:]
The way that we are
Is the reason I stay
As long as you're here with me
I know we'll be Ok

[Chorus:]
Please say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay, please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of)

(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are)
Please stay, please stay as long as you need
(What my dreams are made of)

(They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
They say that love is forever)
Please stay forever with me

Kellin sings so well on acoustic . . . I wonder if he'll ever do another EP acoustic track. Suddenly, he caught my eye and went emotionless before putting on a smile for the rest of the crowd. What just happened?

"Okay! I absolutely love that song, because there's actually someone out there who, I've loved for so long it hurts to no end! But, I can't have her," he admitted. Aw. Poor Kellin. He looks pretty sad. "And she's actually in this room tonight. But, there is no way in hell I'm saying her name! But, we're still keeping things to a slow end, so, without further ado, I'd like to sing our next song, With Ears To See and Eyes To Hear!" The crowd erupted into applause and screams and I got confused. I hadn't heard this song yet! Oh I can't wait!

True friends lie underneath,
The witty words I don't believe
I can't believe a damn thing they say anymore (anymore)

Lie! Lie! Liar!
Liar, you'll pay for your sins

Lie! Lie! Liar!
Liar, you'll pay for your sins

So tell me how does it feel,
How does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet
'Cause it never tells the truth now,
So tell me, so tell me why,
Why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?

I'm falling over and over again
From all the words that you have said
It's written on my heart for everyone to see

From the place I was, to the place I am, to the place I want to be
From the mountains I've been climbing over and under and over

So tell me how does it feel,
How does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet
'Cause it never tells the truth.
So tell me, so tell me why,
Why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?

So come down now, come down from your tower now
Come down now from your tower, oh

Come down, come down from your tower
Come down, come down, come down from your tower
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Come down, come down from your tower
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Come down, come down from your tower
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Come down, come down from your tower
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Come down, come down from your tower

To say I was sad, is a huge understatement. I'm broke. Kellin's wrods were completely broken. I noticed he'd look over to me a few times, and then he'd go back to singing. Whoever broke his heart deserves to see how hurt they've made him.

"Now, this song, is the person I loves' favorite! I'd like to give it up for our cover. She'll be a little shocked, amybe a little mad, but just give it up!"

Jack started to play the piano crew members brought out for him, and I was immediately jealous about who got this song didicated to them! They were playing Iris!

What Kellin did though was very unsuspected. He got down on one knee and let a tear fall.

"You know, I thought hard and long about who I was in love with, and then I figured out I didn't even need to think. I know I'm in love with her, but, I just needed to ask myself if she loved me back. So, give it up, fr our cover of Iris, and if the name of the song isn't clear enough, I don't know any way else to explain it." He then began to sing:

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you'd bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am

He came over to where Andy and I were and I was shocked that what he did was that I'd hoped Oli never had to see this. Kellin got down on one knee and held my hand as the piano still played.

"Iris, I have no other way to tell you that I have never been more mixed up in my life, but I know that I love you, but I just wish you'd tell me the truth; do you love me or in the slightest like me at all? Because if you don't, I dont else to do. Sure, I've acted like a complete jack-ass to you in the past year or so, but Iris, goddamnit I am so in love with you, that seeing you and Oli breaks my heart and that's why I can't come near you. If there was a solution to this, I would have already done it but now I can see that all I need to do is let you free. I love you Iris, but just to let you know, I could give anything for you no matter what it takes. If you were somehow not with Oli to this day, I'd just would have hooped you would have been mine." I was shocked beyond words. He still loves me. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Tears brimmed my eyes as he kissed my hand then stood up a lottle bit above me. I had grown two inches, but not much. He was still taller.

I whipped my hand out of his hold and started to hyperventilate as I ran past everyone in my way. I ran outside only just to run into the one person I could use in this situation. He pulled me up and started to comfort me all the way to the bus. I'm glad he wasn't inside the venue. I don't want to lose him.

"Shh, shh. It's going to be okay Iris. What happened?" Oli soothed me as we walked over to the couch on the bus.

"Nothing's wrong, but I'm just so confused. Can we not talk about it?" I asked, sniffling while doing so. He nodded and pulled me closer.

"Hey Iris?" He said after a few minutes of silence. I hmmed and he let go of me, but let his hand linger on my cheek. He wiped away a stray tear and trailed his hand over to a rebel hair that had fell into my face. It was a red stripe in my bangs. Red. I haven't seen him in a few weeks. He's been at home in California now. I missed him, but now I've found my saviour. I turned my full attention to Oli as he got down on one knee on the floor, and my eyes were probably as big as the moon when he pulled out a black box. It was a ring box. Is no one getting this clue?!

"Miss Irislane Daniel-Patricia Newbourne-" Oh yeah, he learned my name in the past few months. "-I have figured out you are the only person I have ever loved in this world as much as I do now. I know this is so sudden, but I feel like this year has been the best of my life. I may have dated and did things I'm not wanting to do to you to this day, but I do know I want you to be the first one to hear this from me. Will you marry me?"