‹ Prequel: Inner Demons

Hit and Run

Chapter 9

Delia shuffled back to the room, dragging heavy feet back towards Nadine, her eyes hollow and cast down to the placid floor. Gerard's words did somersaults in her head, repeating themselves, his tired desperate voice echoing through the regions of her memory. She bit her bottom lip, chewing on it nervously as she made her way back. People passed her, disregarding the disenchanted looking girl stumbling down the hallway, torn between sorrow and rage, her blue eyes flicked down to hide the war of emotions that raged inside them. Suddenly feeling violated and vulnerable, she smoothed down the front of her jacket, picking up her pace. Several sets of eyes fell upon her, mostly the curious gaze of small children hanging off the hands of their parents. She gave them a taut, tired smile, before bolting down the hallway towards Nadine. The tears began streaming down, staining her already imperfect cheeks. "Frankie! Oh god Frankie!" she screamed, banging on the door.

it swung open and Frank pulled her inside, looking rather delirious, "Del? Delia what is it? Is Gerard okay?"

She didn't answer, just sobbed into his chest, "Oh god Frankie..."

He rubbed her back gently and scooped her into his arms, carrying her shaking form to a chair. He set her down, earning a worried gasp from Nadine. He stared between them, "I'll be right back."

He left in a rush, slamming the door behind him. Delia let out a broken sob, burying her face into her hands, "God..."

Nadine blinked, shifting on the bed, "God, what? Delia, what's going on?"

She still refused to answer, now inspecting the small laceration from the fight. She looked up, her eyes so swollen and confused, before she ducked her head again, sobbing. Nadine moved closer, laying a ginger hand on her shoulder, "Hun... you can tell me anything."

"He loves you..." she cried, looking up at her friend.

Nadine blinked, withdrawing her hand, "Wha?"

Delia sniffed heavily, "Gerard loves you... god, he loves you so much Nadine."

Nadine fell back against the pillows, "D-did he say that?"

Delia nodded, laying her head on the mattress, "He looked so scared Deeny..."

Nadine reached into her gown, retrieving a delicate pearl necklace Gerard had given her, "I'm scared too... I don't want him to get hurt."

There was a loud and frantic commotion in the hallway, soon followed by the sounds of two men screaming at each other. Soon, the door was thrown open, and Frank came in, dragging a kicking Gerard behind him. He picked him up by the collar of his gown and tossed him against the bed, slamming and locking the door. "YOU BASTARD!" he roared, kicking Gerard in the stomach.

Gerard looked up, his eyes blinded by sheer terror, "Fr-Frankie... please..."

Frank laughed manically, placing several more kicks to his torso. He picked up his frail body, staring Gerard dead in the eyes, "How could you? She's my sister!"

He cried out softly, cradling his chest, "Please, I love her Frankie. You know I would ne..."

He was cut off by Frankie pushing him back to the ground, "You fucking LIAR!"

He whimpered, curling into a tiny ball. Delia had clambered onto the bed, the both of them too scared and shocked to yell anything. Frank stormed over to Gerard, picking him up by his left arm. Gerard winced loudly, "Ow.. Frankie that's my bad wrist..." he hissed, nuzzling Frank's stomach.

Frank's eyes sparkled with a demonic gleam, 'Is it now?"

He twisted his arm hard, a horrendous crunch erupting from his wrist. Gerard let out a blood-curdling scream, and Frank bent it back further and further, the mangled bones beginning to pop out of the skin. Nadine gasped loudly, watching Gerard squirm madly as the blood began to roll down his arm. Frank just smirked, "Not much fun is it Gee?"

He threw him down again, stepping on the destroyed flesh. Gerard screamed out again, his arm snapping and crunching as Frank dug his foot deeper, "Don't EVER touch Nadine again!"

He removed his foot, grabbing his jacket off the bed and storming out. Delia scrambled down, rushing towards Gerard, "Gee...?"

He looked up at her, tears bolting down his face, "De-Del... " he choked out.

She gather him into her arms, rocking him gently. He laid his wretched looking arm on her lap, sobbing into her breasts, "Del, it's hurts so bad."

She cooed softly, rubbing his back, "Shhh, I've got you Gee..."

Nadine looked down at them, "Del, is he okay?"

Delia looked up, shaking her head softly, before turning back to Gerard. Nadine carefully got out of bed, joining them on the floor, "Gerard?" she asked timidly.

He looked up, his eyes bloodshot and filled with fear, "Don't hurt me..." he whimpered.

Nadine crawled closer, "No... Gee... I love you too."

He sniffed, and using his good arm, pulled her into a mind-blowing kiss. The nurses rushed in as soon as Frank bolted out, dragging Gerard away on a gurney. Nadine sighed softly, crawling back into her bed and staring forlornly out the window. Delia sighed, wiping the blood off her jeans. One of the nurses stayed behind, looking at the two of them, "Is he your brother or something?"

Delia shook her head, "None of us are related."

She nodded, her mouth falling into a gentle 'o' shape. Nadine shifted in the bed, "Is he gonna be okay?"

The nurse lifted her eyes, "Arm fractures are nothing, and trust me, I've seen a lot worse."

Nadine nodded, falling back on the pillows, drifting off to sleep.

4 hours later
Nadine was growing restless, she hadn't received an update on Gerard. Delia was passed out on the spare bed in the room, her chest rising and falling with tiny snores. Nadine slipped on sweat pants, creeping slowly out of her room. She wandered down the vacant hallways, stealing small glimpses into each room. She then fell open a new wing, orthopedics. Her stomach rumbled softly, but she kept going. A nurse walked by, not even bother to give her a second glance, instead shuffling the papers in her hands and jogging towards the elevator. There was a quiet giggle, followed by a "Nadine?"

Her eyes perked up as Gerard emerged from the shadows, his left side hidden by a sling. A grin stretched across his face, and he ran towards her, "Oh Deeny!" he cried, placing happy, wild kissed all over her body.

Nadine giggled, wrapping her arms around him, "Gee, I've been so worried about you."

He smiled, "I'm fine... it's not as bad as it looks."

He pulled his arm in a sling, proudly showing off his lime green cast, "As soon as I get a marker, I'm gonna write all over it." Nadine sighed, kissing his exposed fingers.

Gerard nuzzled her, "Okay, baby."

"Baby... I missed that..." she whispered, nibbling gently on his ear.

Their lips met again, in a sexual clash, their body heat alone steaming up the window they were leaning on. They walked stumbled down the hall together, stripping off their clothes in the process. Gerard kicked open a door behind him, dragging Nadine onto the bed. She bit down on his lower lip, making him moaned loudly. His hands wandered down her pants, ripping them off in a matter of seconds. The two stopped, blinking softly. Nadine kissed him tenderly, her lips barely even grazing his. Gerard smiled, "You ready?"

Nadine nodded, wrapping her legs around his. He entered slowly, placing a loving kiss on her collarbone. She gasped softly, running her nails down his back, "Gee... oh Gee..."

He smirked, thrusting a bit faster. Nadine rolled and lifted her hips, kissing and biting hungrily at his neck. "Gee.. harder? Please?"

Of course he complied, earning a hearty moan from Nadine. She tightened around him, causing a quiet grunt to push past his lips. He bit down on it, thrusting in, Nadine blinked, kissing his chin, "Let it out baby."

He growled, rolling her over, and slamming into her, "Oh... give me time."

Nadine arched her back, spreading her arms out behind her, "OH GOD GERARD!" she howled, her legs twisting madly beneath her. Gerard sped up even more, his face contorted ion concentration, his hair matted to his face with sweat. He pulled Nadine upright, spinning his hips, "M-move with me." he whispered, kissing just below her ear.

The two moved together, letting out gasps and moans, until finally reaching their climax. Gerard let out a ferocious roar, tossing his head back and releasing himself inside Nadine. She moaned loudly, burying her head in his neck as shudders consumed her. Gerard rubbed her back softly, laying her back down. He lifted his hips and pulled out, laying next to her. "I love you, Deeny."

She smiled, biting the tip of his nose, "I love you too, Gee..."

The two exchanged a exhausted kiss, before settling next to each other. She nuzzled him, smiling happily, stroking the plaster on his arm, "Does it hurt?"

He looked down on it, "Not as much as before... maybe I'm still on morphine."

"Or on a fuck high." Nadine giggled, tracing his nipple with her finger.

He laughed quietly, threading his fingers through her hair. They snuggled closer, entwining their legs to gather a bit of warmth. Suddenly, a bright light flickered on above them, and a pair of interns came in. "Umm... what are you doing?" the male asked.

Gerard blinked and looked around, they had fallen into an operating room, and had in fact had sex on the table. Nadine looked up as well, blushing madly. The female intern shook her head, "Get dressed and get out, and we won't tell anyone."

Gerard nodded, and the two dressed quickly and silently. She smiled softly, "I hate to seem bitchy, but we need the room."

Gerard gulped, "I thought it was just a spare room."

"Afraid not," the male sighed, wiping off the table.

Nadine lifted her head, "L-look we're sorry..."

The intern turned, and smiled, "Don't feel bad... you're not the first people to do that in here."

The girl giggled madly, her cheeks flushing bright pink. Gerard glanced at the door, "We'd better go."

Nadine grabbed onto his hand, a wave of giggles coming out of her mouth. Gerard choked them back, "Nadine, shut up."

She laid her head on his, chewing on his ear lobe, "I'm hungry..."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..."

His hand slipped down her back, rubbing along her spine, "Let's go get some breakfast then."

She smiled, biting down on her lip, "Gerard?"

He looked over at her, green eyes glowing. "When you said you loved me... did you mean it?"

He looked down, hair falling into his face, "Of course baby."

Nadine smiled, gripping his hand, "Good, because I did too."

***************************
In case you were wondering, this is what his arm looks like. It's pretty gruesome...