Status: i dont even know

Touch.

I can't stand to be so dead behind the eyes.

John stumbled his way back to his apartment, he couldn’t see clearly from the amount of alcohol he drank that night. He was tired, his head hurt and all he wanted to do was throw himself in his bed. He had a hard time trying to unlock the door to his apartment because everything looked blurry around him. He grumbled, feeling frustrated as he kicked the door lightly with his feet. He tried unlocking it again and it cracked open. Walking into the apartment he realized that it was dark and he could barely watch his steps.
“Lennon?” John slurred spotting his girlfriend sitting on the couch in the darkness, her knees close to her chest as if protecting herself. Even though he was drunk, he was sober enough to realize that someone broke into the apartment. Broken glass was all over the floor, and the table was fallen to the ground. He heard his girlfriend letting out a sob, as he walked quickly to her.
“What happened here?” he asked, he could feel his heart flutter realizing that there was a bruise on Lennon’s right cheek. He lightly brushed his thumb against it. “Who did this to you, Lennon?” She didn’t answer him, but instead hugged him, sobbing into his chest. He rubbed her back, trying his best to assure her that it’s alright.
“He just… He came in and I-I didn’t know what to do.” She cried, squeezing John’s arms harder not wanting to let go. She was feeling helpless, and scared.
“Who was it?” John pulled her and softly cupped her cheeks, “Who was it Lennon?” His blood boiled, wanting to know who did this to his girlfriend.
“J-Jackson.” The moment his name left her shivering lips, John got up from his place pacing around the room, running a hand through his hair frustrated.
“Jo-John, are-are you okay?” His girlfriend called out for him but his entire brain couldn’t function.
I’m going to kill him, John thought to himself.
He walked towards Lennon, running his fingers through the bruises. One on her knees, another on her cheeks and a huge one on her arms.
“This. He-he did this?” John stuttered, his eyes watering. Who in the world would ever think to do such thing? Jackson was mentally ill to do something like this. She nodded her head weakly, John stood up from his place without hesitation, “I’ll be home soon.” He cupped her cold cheeks, “Wait for me, alright?” He placed a light kiss on her forehead and quickly put on his jacket as he left the house.


“Ready?” Eric’s voice brings John back to reality as he tilted his head towards his best friend, standing up.
“Yeah,” John said softly. I’m not ready. I’m scared. Scared as hell. He wanted to say that to Eric but instead he lied not wanting his friend to worry about him.
“Alright, let’s go.” Eric walked towards the front door and John followed him, his hands pushed into his pockets. What should I do when I see her first? Will she accept me? Or will she just ignore me? . John’s mind was racing with all of those negative thoughts as he got into the passenger seat, allowing his friend to drive his van.
“They told me she works in this nursery, right next to downtown Phoenix.” John nodded his head, his hands rubbing the back of his neck. Sweat was already forming in the back of his neck, making his body tingle nervously. “Hey man, are you really alright? You’re gonna get her back, I promise.” Eric’s face turned to John’s for a moment, giving him a reassuring smile.
“I’m alright, I’m just…” He breathed in, “I’m just scared.”
“You’ll be alright!” Eric nudged John on the shoulder, making John laugh.
“I think we’re here.” He hunched his back looking at the place in front of him. It was a small building that had a playground in the front. It looked empty, as far as John could see.
“Are-are you sure someone’s in there?” John asked Eric, noticing how empty the place looked.
“I’m sure. Dude, my nephew comes here. It’s not closed until 5.” John nodded his head, closing his eyes trying to think of what to say when he goes to her.
“I’ll wait for ya outside,” Eric said, as John stepped out of the van.
Don’t be nervous. It’s all right. She’ll be happy to see you, she probably missed you. Don’t be nervous, John. He kept telling himself as he walked through the door. Slowly making his way towards one of the classrooms where he heard the sound of kids playing.
“Okay, now what time is it?” A woman’s voice yelled at the kids.
“Nap time!” The kids yelled back in excitement. John moved his body to look into the classroom from the window. It was her. It was Lennon. A laugh escaped her lips as one of the kids jumped on her lap.
“Jason, what did we say about attacking people? Now, go. It’s time to get some sleep.” She smiled at the kid. God, I’ve missed her so much. John thought, his eyes not leaving her. “Okay, I’ll see you guys in thirty minutes. Ms. Lennon hadn’t had her lunch and she’s starving.” Lennon made a hungry face towards the kids as they all laughed and snuggled into their blankets. “Goodbye Ms. Lennon.” The kids said in unison as she replied to them walking. That was when John realized that she was walking out of the classroom. She shut the door behind her, looking at the ground. It took her moments to look upwards but she did. Her eyes suddenly widened, her jaw clenched and John stood there speechless just like she was. Seconds had passed and they both stood there in silence. John felt like the memories were crashing like a train right into his fragile body. Every single thought he had on his mind left the moment his eyes looked into hers. Nothing made sense at that moment but all that he knew was that she was there, standing right in front of him; inches away.
“Why- what are you d-doing here?” She stuttered, her eyes watering like pools. She looked angry, as she clenched her fists together.
“Lennon.” His voice was soft, as he made a step forward walking towards her. She pushed herself back.
“Don’t.” She scoffed, without looking at him. “Don’t come any closer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wellllll???