Status: Active :)

Vampire Academy

2

Her outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/dood/set?id=108967747

Rain, endless amounts of rain. I'm walking through the grounds to my first class, hunting in the north forest, which I was actually rather excited for. I'd be hunting and catching my own meals for years, which was one of the perks of living in solitude with my parents for as long as I've lived. There were a few students ahead of me and some behind, all of which seem to have found their mates. One of the main reasons for me not wanting to come here is the mating ceremony that would be held at the end of the year, which I've dreaded ever since I found out that vampires have mates. I caught a glimpse of the edge of the forest, seeing one of the teachers from the dining hall last night standing on a large rock, waiting for the students.

I stood in the small crowd that had gathered in front of the teacher and waited for the last student to catch up. She was walking alone and didn't look very happy, the rain falling all around her petite frame. She stood next to me and we all turned our attention to the teacher. He was wearing a long sleeved black t-shirt with black jogging bottoms and black trainers, all things that vampire's had in common was that they loved the colour black. His t-shirt was fitted, which showed you the definition of the muscles on his arms, and his face was just perfect; his jawline and his sweet, sweet cheekbones. "What the fuck is wrong with me," I thought as I shook away the thoughts of how beautiful he was out of my mind.

"Now, students. My name is Mr. Haner, and as it's the first class of the year I'll go easy on you." He said in a voice that was friendly yet commanded attention, "Who here has ever hunted their own meal before, and succeeded?" He asked, his eyes gazing over the group. I looked around, no one had spoke or put up their hand, I raised mine. Mr. Haner raised an eyebrow, a slight smile appearing on his face and nodded.

"Good. What did you hunt?" He asked, everyone's gazes had turned to me and I felt myself getting annoyed. "Boars, moose; anything really, mainly mountain animals." I said confidently. "Yeah, she'll hunt anything alright, even humans." I heard a guy whisper somewhere in the crowd, followed by laughter. I caught a glimpse of him and snapped, nearly crushing his face between my palm and the tree that he was now caught in between. "Why would I hunt a human when vampire's taste so much sweeter?" I sneered, my fangs protruding from my mouth.

"That's enough!" I heard the teacher roar, suddenly throwing me off the guy and on to the ground. "You. To the headmaster, now." He commanded, I rolled my eyes and stood up, brushing the dirt off my black jeans and made my way around the staring crowd back towards the castle. I laughed discreetly to myself as I entered the building, knowing what I said is pretty fucked up in the vampire world, and that I was probably going to get punished pretty badly for it. Vampire's don't even taste nice anyway, not that I know, but there are things that my father has done that isn't exactly common knowledge, and he shared that with me. Apparently we taste like rotten flesh and dust. I guess that's all we are, dead things that talk and feed, stale and rotting from the inside out.

I got to the headmasters office, knocking on the door twice before the door swung open. There he stood, exceptionally tall and terrifyingly pale, with an expression that could strike fear in to even the meanest of vampires, a face that scared the shit out of me. "Come in." He commanded, everyone was always so demanding in how they spoke. I sat down in the leather chair that was opposite his desk and waited for him to speak, he took a seat and clasped his hands on the desk. "Now, Olive, if you want your experience here to be a smooth one, then I suggest you don't go around terrifying all of the other students. Understood?" He spoke, I nodded. "Violence is prohibited unless permission is granted, but even then that will only be in the fighting classes. Two hours detention after school in room 29. I'm being lenient here, only because you're new and, well, your whole family situation isn't exactly going to make the other students very welcoming, but you must try and abide by the rules. Do I make myself clear?" He said. "Yes, sir." I sighed. "Good, now get to your next lesson. Wait outside the classroom until it starts." I stood up and did as he said, dreading the Math lesson that was next.

The day passed quickly, Math was boring and I wasn't allowed to take part in the Fighting class because of what I did to that guy, which really fucking sucked. I was good at fighting as I had honed my skills in all those years that I'd lived in the mountains with my parents. My speed was probably one of my best traits, as I was faster than both my parents, and speed is one of the best skills you can have when it comes to fighting and hunting. There are many different things that vampire's can do, magic being one of them in some cases. Apparently some vampire's have the power to talk to the trees, the rivers and the land, but this has never been proven, as I've never met anyone who even knows of someone who can do this; but I believe it anyway. There are a lot of things that can be true when it comes to the living dead, and I believe that the land is alive just as much as we are. There's many different myths, some ridiculous, some not so ridiculous, but if I believe in anything in this world it's the power of nature, and the power of magic.

My next lesson was History, and I was making my way towards room 76 which was on the first floor. All the classes were either on the ground or first floor, as the rest of the stories were purely for boarding purposes. I took a seat at the back of the class room, the sun hanging low in the sky. It was mid September, but the sun set earlier in this part of the land. It was getting cold, not that I could feel it, but there would be frost on the plants and the pavements in the early morning. Students started filling the room, as well as the girl who I'd seen earlier at Hunting class, who came and sat down right next to me. I was shocked, to say the least, as she started to speak. "I'm Amanda." She smiled, holding out her hand. "Olive." I replied, shaking her hand. "If it's any consolation, I think what you did to Eric Halmond earlier was hilarious, he's an asshole." She spoke, I smiled. "Thanks. I guess he deserved it then." I turned my gaze back to the front of the room as the teacher walked in.

"Now now, settle down." The teacher spoke as he opened up his briefcase on his desk, pulling out a stack of paper and started handing them out to each student. "Alright students, what I'm handing you is the worksheet that we're going to be doing for the whole lesson," there was a collective groan from each student, "come on! It's going to be fun." The teacher laughed. I glanced over the piece of paper which had 12 questions on it and started to get to work. Amanda and I helped each other out, as some of the questions were really tricky, but we got all of the questions right in the end. The lesson ended at exactly 15:55 and I groaned, dreading the next two hours of detention. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, bye." Amanda smiled as she started up the staircase. I trudged down the stairs and found room 29, knocking before entering and saw Mr. Haner sitting at a desk. "Take a seat at the front." He spoke without even looking up at me. I sat down by the window on the front row and looked out over the grounds, there was no one else in the room as the clock struck 16:00.

"So, have you apologised to Eric yet?" Mr. Haner asked, looking up at me from his laptop screen. "Nope." I shrugged, looking down at the desk. "It wasn't a very nice thing for you to do, though I understood why you did it." He spoke. I looked up at him and smiled, "Then why did you throw me off him?" I asked. "Because I'm a teacher, and your name doesn't give you a different set of rules to abide by than everyone else." He said, he stood up and leant bck on his desk, his gaze firmly fixed on me. "I never said it did." I replied, getting annoyed that he would think that. "Daughter of the Demon of the Far East and the Sorceress of the Vile, a flame which never dies, but brightens with the passing of time; who was born to get her way whether or not hearts would have to pay." He spoke as he approached me, raising his hand to stroke my cheek, I sat frozen as he continued. "Do you hide secrets such as your mother did?" He whispered, looking in to my eyes as if he were to find something. "There are many secrets that only I and the dead know of, the secret I hold lies deep within my being, only to be found and used by Death itself." I whispered, rising from my chair, our faces centimeters apart. "Blacker than black, as dark as the suffering my father brought upon the far east." I spoke. Mr. Haner looked terrified, and I burst out laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter, I'm trying to make it as less boring as possible haha. Comment if you like it please :)