Stories Yet to Unfold.

Stuck.

What did you want to be growing up?’ ‘Happy, really’ ‘that’s not the answer’ ‘you don’t understand life’ Alex smiled as she looked out of the lift, being stuck here with two girls, ‘so what do you do?’ ‘I’m studying Parapsychology, I study the impact of paranormal activity’ ‘no fucking way’ Alex grinned shouting, ‘sorry’ Lu smiled, ‘yeah, I do’. ‘How do you get into that?’ ‘I sort of watched a lot of Ghost Adventures’ Alex laughing, ‘but I saw some of the experts they used and went to university to study psychology with them, that brought me to Baltimore, I know do a doctorate’ ‘what in?’ ‘It’s about the impact of spectres and ghosts in horror movies on those who have seen ghosts supposedly and those who haven’t’ Alex smiled, ‘can I?’ Alex scooting up, Lu smiled talking, her friend rolling her eyes, ‘your subject is just made up’ ‘I find it fascinating’ ‘me too, so you’re a parapsychologist’ ‘I am indeed’. 

‘Are you busy? ‘Sorry, it’s a hunt night tonight and I have to be the objective one’ Alex grinned, ‘can I come?’ ‘Are you sure?’ ‘I’m fine thank you’ he smiled, ‘alright then Alex’ ‘Lucy’ ‘Lu, please’ he smiled, ‘good, right, Lu’ he grinned walking with her, ‘Lu!’ Her friend catching up, ‘you can’t just leave me’ ‘Melanie, for the last two hours, I’ve heard you insult my work, yeah I can’ Alex grinned, ‘I need to learn a lot from you’ ‘haha, thank you’. Lu smiled meeting up with them,  ‘this is a friend of mine Alex, he’s a believer and an expert in the field I’m studying in my phd’ ‘nice to meet you’ shaking hands with them, ‘why did you lie?’ ‘Cos we don’t like people who are here for shits and giggles’ Alex laughing, ‘you mean people who are not an expert’ ‘sorry’ ‘don’t be’ walking inside the building and setting up, ‘there’s some room with more activity than others’ talking together. 

Lu sat on a bed with him, sitting on the pillows quietly, filming the room together, ‘is it hard to find anything’ ‘sometimes, I’m convinced, sometimes, well mostly I’m not’ Alex nodded talking very quietly, stopping when they heard anything, ‘should we call out?’ ‘No, never ever do that unless asked, psychosomatics sets in’ ‘what?’ ‘People believing something that’s not happening’ Alex nodded, ‘that makes sense’ giving him a 101 on Ghost Hunting, staying up throughout the night until the early hours. Lu sighed packing everything up in her car again, ‘what do you think?’ ‘I think it’s a couple who want a ghost for better business’ Alex smiled, ‘people want to freak out their guests?’ ‘You have no idea’ getting in her car, ‘where do you need to go’ ‘home, and I’d like your number’ ‘okay’ she grinned passing her card, ‘here’.
-x-
Alex grinned getting drinks with her in the bar,  ‘You out tonight for stuff?’ ‘No, no, hence the drinking, we don’t get called it out often’ ‘so, you do a phd?’ ‘I do, I’m also an academic librarian for JH in Psychology’ ‘do you enjoy it’ ‘always loved books and I have every single one at my disposal in my field, absolutely’ Alex grinned, ‘what music do you like?’ ‘I don’t really, I don’t have a particular thing to be honest, I just kinda turn on the radio, isn’t this 5sos?’ ‘Yes’ Alex smiled, ‘do you like them?’ ‘I have both their albums, I have a rule that if I like more than two songs, I’ll buy it’ Alex smirked, ‘really?’ ‘Yeah, why are you on your phone, am I?’ ‘I have Shazam and I keep seeing what the songs are so I can check them out later?’ Alex smirked looking at the list, ‘you liked Pvris and All Time Low, that’s my band’ ‘I’m so sorry’ Alex laughing, ‘don’t be’ ‘you’re in that band?’ ‘I’m the singer’ ‘well, that’s embarassing’ giggling. 

Lu smiled walking with him, ‘you should look up those bands, you have good taste’ ‘thank you, that song Holy is kinda heavy’ ‘it is’ Alex nodded, ‘sounds like my kind of record with all those dead people references’ Alex laughing, ‘I was just thinking that, I’m sorry’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘it’s so easy to fall for you’ ‘you are?’ ‘I am’ ‘good, makes two of us’ kissing him softly, Alex grinned kissing her back ,wrapping his arms round her, ‘I’m not keen on lifts, but thinking about the people you meet on them, they’re winning me over’ ‘haha, me too’ Alex grinned, ‘I have claustrophobia, you got me through that and I never did thank you’ he beamed, ‘I had no idea, but glad I could help’ ‘me too, it’s why I’m dating you, you need people like that in your life, I hope I get to return the favour eventually, but almost hope I don’t, I don’t want you to feel scared’ ‘so nice, you know that right?’ ‘I can be tough when I need to be’ ‘I know’. 

‘Can I bring lunch for you?’ ‘Sure, hang on are you in the building’ ‘I’m in the foyer but everyone has cards’ a girl looking at him, ‘Alex?’ ‘Can you get me in’ ‘absolutely’ Alex grinned as a student helped him in, ‘thank you so much’ ‘no problem’ he grinned heading for Lu’s office with her help. Alex smiled, ‘a fan let me in’ ‘nice work’ laughing together and talking over food ‘I wanted to do psychology but the band’ she smiled, ‘we do a mooc, Psych 101, you should join it’ Alex listening to her explain, ‘I’m doing the Parapsych class’ Alex grinned, ‘so I get to see my girlfriend lecture?’ ‘That sounds like something girlfriends do, my friends do, seem to want to change people, I lack patience, time and energy, really, I think you should love someone for all their parts, but know some parts aren’t healthy’ ‘agreed’ going deeper in conversation. 
-x-
Alex grinned seeing her in bed with him, her phone beeping, ‘sorry’ ‘no need’ kissing her neck, ‘hello?’ Lu bit her lip as Alex sucked, ‘tonight, really?’ Alex looking at her, ‘yeah, well, I do believe its my job I will be there, send me the zip’ hanging up, Alex smirked, ‘why do you hate it?’ ‘Cos there’s nothing there, I want to not explain something Alex’ he grinned, ‘I love that’ kissing her softly, ‘I’m guessing someone’s out tonight’ ‘indeed, darling’ kissing him back, Alex smiled, ‘well, can I come?’ Lu smirked, ‘you’ve not already?’ Alex laughing, ‘you are the last person I thought would make that joke’ ‘it was there, I saw the chance’ giggling together, Alex smiled as she snuggled, ‘I don’t want to leave my bed’ Alex laughing, ‘me or the bed’ ‘either is tough’ laughing together, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing him softly, making love again, staying in bed all morning, ‘I’ll make some food, Alex, I need some energy’ ‘me too’ laughing together and heading for her kitchen. 

Lu smiled getting there, ‘here we go again’ laughing a little and getting set up inside the house and getting started, having technical glitches, Alex smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m fine’ things set up, Lu putting padding around and keeping the thing upright knowing the typical manifestations of ghosts, getting it working. Alex sat in the lounge, ‘Lu can you call out?’ Alex looking at her, Lu reciting a speech and making notes, and listening to the house, ‘can you hear that?’ Alex whispered, ‘I can’ making notes as quickly as possible knowing she was making a mess, but it was needed as she heard things, ‘what does your gut say’ ‘Alex, walk with me’ Lu whispered walking around the house, ‘notice that stuff happens whenever we move or speak?’ Looking in cupboards, Alex pointed, ‘there’s a speaker in here, making creaky noises’ Lu sighed calling to Mike, ‘we found a speaker making creaking noises in the cupboard’ ‘I am charging the fuckers double for this’ Alex laughing. 

‘I hate it when that happens, thanks for just following me around a freaky house’ ‘no problem, I knew you wouldn’t ask unless it was important’ Lu smiled ‘thank you anyway, it took some guts’ he grinned as she begun to drive out, ‘do you mind going through a drive thru?’ ‘Absolutely not’ ‘if only Denny’s did that’ Lu sighed, Alex giggling, ‘I’m a fan too’ ‘sign of a soulmate that’ she mumbled, Alex chuckled, ‘me too’ laughing and heading home with some food. Alex smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder, warming in front of the fire, ‘why are you in a little cottage, anyway?’ Lu laughing, ‘I grew up in Suburbia and I felt confined by it, I’m not a suburban person, I look for ghosts, people will think I’m mental, so I keep a home here’ Alex laughing, ‘you have a good point, I love this house, is it yours?’ ‘Yeah, I bought it and renovated it’ Alex grinned, ‘that’s awesome’ ‘the most expensive thing was the floors, termites, don’t buy in auction, but it’s all good now’ laughing, talking all night. 
-x-
6 months later:-

Lu smiled as Alex moved his things in, ‘I don’t know if I’ll have space for everything’ ‘don’t worry about it, I’m going to show you something that’s been built for you really’ ‘oh?’ Lu smiled opening the lounge door, , ‘you built me a conservatory’ ‘I thought you could take this room as a place to practice’ Alex grinned, ‘I know you needed it, and I always wanted a summerhouse, so there you go’ Alex grinned, ‘this is amazing’ ‘and those doors open, so you can use the lounge as well’ ‘thank you so much’ ‘no need’ he grinned kissing her, ‘you did this for me, that’s mad’ ‘I knew you were worried about it’ he grinned, ‘also, good for stargazing, you don’t get so cold, you can look out’ ‘that’s awesome’ laughing together and talking, ‘wow, no one’s ever done that for me’ Alex smiled, ‘well, you’ve done a lot for me, albeit oddly’ ‘dude, you laughed in my face, you make people pay to meet you, where the fuck do you get off?’ ‘Sorry’ giggling together, ‘thanks for changing that though’ ‘and GK’ giggling. 

Alex grinned, ‘do we have any plans for the weekend’ ‘not that I know of’ he smiled, ‘good’ Lu smiled kissing him softly, ‘do you have any plans?’ Alex hearing his phone buzz, ‘I will try not to, hello?’ Alex sighed, ‘is it really important?’ Alex asked, ‘it’s just I just moved in with my girlfriend’ Alex smiled, ‘Lu, they said do you wanna come?’ ‘What is it?’ PR company award thing’ ‘sure’ he smiled as she smirked. ‘You have an alternate plan’ ‘we only have to be seen by this PR guy right?’ ‘Yeah’ Lu smirked, ‘then we’ll disappear’ Alex grinned, ‘alright then’ ‘is it a big party’ ‘loads apparently’ ‘even better’ giggling, kissing softly, ‘I really wanted’ ‘I know, but you like State Champs, Around The World And Back is you in summary’ Alex smiled, ‘and that’s no bad thing’ he grinned, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, and you make history, like you do, come on Delilah’ Alex laughing. 

‘Is that a thing for you’ ‘what you think you’re my Delilah?’ Alex smiled, ‘it is I guess, very you, there’s a lot of songs to be honest’ Lu smiled, ‘Adele plays MSG tonight’ Lu smiled looking up, ‘Hometown Glory reminds me of you’ Alex smiled, ‘Make You Feel My Love though, that girl can sing’ ‘do you wanna go?’ Alex asked with a grin. Lu smiled sneaking out after meeting the right people and running through the streets and getting there, ‘holy bugger’ Alex laughing getting to their view, Alex smiled, ‘got here for her’ ‘indeed’ opening with that song, ‘dance with me’ Alex grinned, ‘absolutely’ dancing with her, ‘this is the kinda moment you propose in’ Lu smiled, ‘it would be, but you don’t have to worry’ kissing him, Alex grinned dancing with her, ‘I’m so glad I met you’ ‘I’m so glad I met you too, even if I had no idea who Mark Hoppus was’ ‘oooh, Blink, yes’ ‘it’s horrific, stop’ giggling.
 
‘How were you at the PR thing and Adele, cos Tom saws he saw you’ Alex smirked, ‘well, I went to both, to be honest’ ‘with your girlfriend’ ‘I was planning to propose this weekend and you used me as a token, I’m not sure who should feel bad’ using Lu’s words she had made up for him, clearing his throat, ‘fine fine’ letting it go, Alex leaving. ‘Did you get told off?’ ‘No, I think I burnt with your comeback’ highfiving on the ride back, ‘rumour has it, someone in this car is becoming a badass’ Alex laughing, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ giggling headingg home, Alex picking up his phone and getting an apology, ‘it’s fine, just give me more of a heads up next time these things happen’ ‘I’ll sort it’ hanging up, ‘Lu, this is why you’re the woman I spend my life with’ ‘thank you’ giggling together, ‘make a playlist of songs for us will you’ ‘of course, I hope you do the same’ ‘of course’ he grinned. 

‘Hey There Delilah, loads of Adele’ Alex laughing, ‘any pop punk songs’ ‘Always by Blink, bit of a classic’ Alex grinned, ‘that’s a decent first dance’ ‘first dance, more like first mosh’ Alex laughing, ‘Thinking Of You by The Maine, that one by Fall Out Boy’ Alex smirked, ‘do you remember the names’ ‘they’re all so long, I bet they don’t’ laughing together, ‘It’s GINASFS, which Ii like what it stands for’ ‘what?’ ‘Gay is not a synonym for shitty’ ‘I love that, really?’ ‘Dude, out of the two of us who do you Patrick is going to tell?’ Lu asked with a grin, ‘good point’ tweeting. ‘That’s true, he also said that for a rookie, you have great taste’ ‘wow, Patrick Stump, my spirit animal complimented me, amen’ Alex laughing, ‘I’m tweeting that’ Alex smirked, ‘thanks, Alex’ ‘no problem’ kissing her quickly, ‘you know, one day, I’m gonna know authors you like and expose your nerdiness like a flasher in a park’ Alex laughing. 

Alex grinned doing interviews, ‘you talk about your girlfriend a lot whose really new to this’ ‘very new, she had no idea, she still listens to Britney and stuff when I’m away’ Jack laughing, ‘which you fucking love, Alex, you snob’ ‘fair point’ ‘remember Madonna and the socks’ ‘don’t you dare’ ‘what?’ ‘Well’ laughing together, ‘she also has the most badass job ever, she’s a freakin’ ghostbuster’ Alex laughing, ‘I think of her more a mythbuster, she’s the objective person, she goes in and makes sure that if anything happens she has an explanation for it, she is the killjoy of the ghost world, but her work is important it insures people aren’t being lied to about ghosts, she also is doing a phd too’ ‘that’s really cool though’ ‘it is, she’s also doing research into psychics, and found everyone has some ability, she’s seeing if there’s more to it’ ‘wow’. Jack grinned, ‘I like Lu, she’s interesting and clever, she’s right for you’ ‘thank you’ ‘balance one another out, cos you’re an idiot’ ‘thanks’ laughing. 
-x-
3 years later:-

Alex smiled, ‘this is Dr Gaskarth’ she smiled, ‘he just likes saying my new name’ ‘how the hell did I do so good, I must have had an awesome past life’ ‘I know it’s not your current one, I’ve heard Weird Kids now’ the interviewer laughing, ‘Lu’ ‘sorry’ Alex grinned, ‘how do you know?’ ‘The day it was released you tweeted, owch, I deserved that one?’ Alex smirked, ‘you got me there Doc’ ‘thank you, I’ll see you in a minute’ Alex smiled, ‘sassy though’ ‘oh, yes’ laughing. Lu smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m good, better for seeing you’ ‘good’ Lu smiled hugging him close, ‘I miss you’ ‘I miss you too, I promise, we’ll have time’ ‘I trust you, I know you love this stuff, Alex, if WWE let me be their first official female referee, I’d be out of here’ Alex laughing ‘thanks Lu’ giggling, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘are you alright?’ ‘I think so, I’m pregnant’ Alex grinned, ‘is that good?’ ‘I hope so’ ‘you know it is’ hugging again. 

Lu walked with him, ‘I’m glad we have one another’ ‘me too’ Alex smiled, ‘and I’m sorry, I always become a bitch stressed’ Alex laughing, ‘Lu, you are not a bitch, you are hilarious’ ‘there’s a line’ ‘Lu, you’re the only woman I’ve dated whose felt bad about it, see Backseat Serenade’ ‘don’t, just stop, I don’t wanna know, this is all my fault’ Alex laughing, giggling together, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, I’m sorry anyway’ ‘you don’t have to be’ ‘thank you’ ‘and all thse hormones won’t help’ ‘apparently, I’m too sensitive, too so God knows what I will be like by the end’ ‘I know, but I love you for it, it makes you caring and compassionate, and the person I want raising my kids’ ‘thank you’ kissing softly, ‘let’s go home’ ‘good idea’ walking with him home, dragging his case. 
they lived happily.