Stories Yet to Unfold.

Different Lives.

'Hello' 'hey' Jack smiled, 'so, looking good' 'haha, thanks' 'what you up to?' 'just unwinding after a funeral' the guy hit his head on the bar, she giggled, 'what?' the barman smirked, 'fella, she's an undertaker' Jack looked at her, 'you can't be, you're hot and stuff' 'I'm a funeral director, indeed, it runs in the family' 'like Six Feet Under' 'I don't get that much sex' Bob the barman laughed, 'barman aren't lucky either' wandering off, Jack smiled, 'you direct funerals' 'I do indeed, I think it's very rewarding and not a job when I graduated I thought I'd be in' 'I thought it was a family business' 'it is, but I'm not a member, this generation don't really wanna do it, which is fair so they employed men and it's actually kinda fun' 'how?' 'cos people aren't boring' 'what's the best thing?' 'the coffins, we just delivered someone in a plane in Raven's colours' Jack smiled, 'I want that' laughing.

'Are you single?' 'I am indeed, when I mention my job, it's a bit of a turn off you know?' 'but it's such a different one, I'm in a band, I know the feeling' 'do you tour?' 'we do a lot but not right now, we're on a break for a bit' 'cool, I learnt violin cos of Sean Mackin, that's pretty cool' 'from Yellowcard?' Jack smiled, 'oh yes, I stil play' 'that's awesome, we did some songs with him on our acoustics' 'you must be doing good' Jack smiled, then she hit her face, 'you must be in All Time Low?' Jack smiled, 'yeah' 'geez' sipping her drink, he laughed, 'what gave it away?' 'I'm not sure, you're on Hopeless, maybe, I don't know' he laughed, 'you've never seen us?' 'I'm 24, the best albums were released when I was thirteen, Ocean Avenue, Sticks and Stones, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, why would I?' 'fair' laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘I’m heading to Towson, I think you do your home shows there, need a ride?’ ‘sure, please’ he smiled getting in her car, ‘nice ride’ ‘the great thing about my job is that it’s well paid, cos no one really wants to do it’ Jack grinned, ‘fair’ ‘I even own my own house, it’s good’ driving out, ‘so, you an independent woman?’ Jack smirked, ‘haha, I guess, unlike my clients now’ Jack laughed, ‘Corpse Bride was fine’ ‘that’s a hell of a movie, maybe why I applied, but we can’t get married, you’re dead’ Jack laughed talking all the way back to his, ‘see you’ ‘number’ she passed him her card, ‘there you go’ ‘thanks’.

-x-

'Why is their a number for a funeral director in your wallet?' 'oh no that's the girl I'm dating' Alex looked at him, 'what?' 'going out tonight with her?' Alex looked perplexed, 'you're dating a funeral director' 'yeah, she does it cos of Corpse Bride, I thought worth a shot' Rian smiled, 'she's alive, Alex' 'she likes her work' 'cool, you fucking weirdo, who dates a funeral director?' Alex shaking his head, 'she's really nice!' 'cool, right' shaking his head sipping his drink, 'good luck, Jack, I'm sure she's cool' 'thank you Rian'.

Jack smiled meeting her on Thames and taking her hand, ‘are you ok?’ ‘oh, Alex, he thinks I’m weird for dating you’ ‘well, it’s not an attractive job, I get that’ asking for the table, she smiled as they were given a table, ‘so, how’s your week been?’ ‘I have been talking allergy tablets all day cos I am allergic to flowers and our wreaths and stuff come today’ Jack chuckled, ‘really?’ ‘hmm, it’s a shame cos I’d love a florists’ Jack laughed, ‘really?’ ‘hmm, and cakes, flowers and cakes shop, that’s what the world needs’ ‘and beers and chocolate’ ‘maybe we could combine all three’ ‘beer and chocolate cake’ ‘that would be easy’ he smiled, ‘if you can think of something with Bailey’s’ ‘give me some time’ laughing and talking all evening.

Jack smiled, ‘I think I can hang out with you for a long time’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m glad to hear this, it’s definitely mutual’ ‘I know my schedule’ ‘hey, it’s ok, Jack, I prefer my own space anyway and the homecoming sex will be amazing’ a woman next to them nearly choking at hearing this, Jack was laughing, she giggled, ‘excellent point’ ‘and, my schedule is a little mad too, lots of travelling and stuff, night work sometimes’ Jack nodded, ‘course’ Lucy smiled, ‘and early mornings too, so don’t worry about it’ ‘so, you like space?’ ‘my parents are born again buddhists, I’m sorry, but yeah I don’t have a religion but quiet time to contemplate is important to me’ Jack sniggering a little, ‘so does it smell of jossticks and hippiness?’ ‘yes’ laughing.

Rian smiled, ‘how did it go?’ ‘awesome’ he grinned, ‘what’s she like?’ ‘she’s kinda like the perfect woman?’ Rian laughed, ‘I got mine, right?’ ‘she leaves her work at work and just does the things I do, I think except get naked’ Rian laughed, ‘well, I hope that will change for you’ Jack laughed, ‘me too, here I’ll show you a picture?’ ‘did she go to the toilet at any point’ ‘no’ ‘good, that means she didn’t a get out call’ Jack laughed, ‘that’s happened to you?’ ‘sadly so’ laughing a little, ‘but yeah, I like her’ ‘good, you should come over for dinner, a double date?’ ‘not a bad idea, seeing as Alex’ ‘yeah, let it go’ laughing.

-x-

'Are you sure about this?' 'I am very sure, don't worry?' 'ok' 'you look beautiful tonight' she tangled fingers with his, 'you look dapper' he grinned, 'good, going for the bond thing?' 'I like it, does that make me Moneypenny, though my girl crush was Christmas' Jack smirked at her, 'Christmas Jones?' 'she's hot and clever' Jack laughed, 'aren't you hot and clever' 'I'm ok, I went to Baltimore and did management' 'that's enough' laughing a little, 'hello?' Rian smiled, 'come in' 'this is Rian' 'I didn't think it would be Cassadee somehow, Jack?' he laughed, 'this is Lucy my date' 'nice to meet you, Jack has talked about you being the sensible one' 'thanks' laughing.

'So, you organise funerals?' 'I do, I do indeed' 'what's it like?' 'well, I don't see any bodies, I am logistics, people like to have specific things, the day I met Jack we'd just buried a guy in a plane shaped casket in Raven's purple, and he wanted his ashes to be sent up in a flight, so I organise those things, I am like a wedding planner, I deal in the end though' they laughed a little, 'so why do it?' 'well, I wanted a job that helps people and knowing I am helping those who aren't here have their final wish seems pretty graitifying' Rian smiled, 'I like that, you keep doing it' 'thank you, i know it's an odd job, but it's interesting and meet all kinds of people too' 'good' 'not something you talk about over food though' laughing and eating, still.

Jack grinned, ‘you were great?’ ‘I’m glad’ sitting in his Lexus, ‘I was really scared’ ‘aww, babe’ she smiled blushing and looking out the window, ‘you are the perfect company’ ‘thank you’ he grinned dropping her off, ‘thank you Jack’ kissing him softly, ‘you were the perfect company too’ ‘this is why walking is better?’ laughing a little and kissing in his car, she smiled, ‘then we’ll walk next time, you get food or Taco Bell meet you in Patterson maybe you can bring Olivia?’ he grinned, ‘ok’ kissing her once more, ‘but dogs in Taco Bell’ ‘I’ll hold her outside for you’ ‘perfect woman’ kissing again.

-x-

Jack smiled sitting under a tree, Olivia was lapping up milk from a bowl they had gotte in the summer warmth as they ate together chatting, ‘Jack and Lucy, right!?’ ‘that’s me’ ‘I’m Alex’ ‘he mentioned you, nice to meet you’ ‘I’m Lisa’ ‘pleasure’ shaking hands, Lucy smiled, ‘you’re the undertaker right?’ ‘haha, no, I’d need to work on my chokeslam’ ‘smooth’ high fiving with Jack, Alex laughed, ‘I’m a funeral director, I help people choose how they want their bodies to depart the world’ ‘that’s cool, I guess’ she nodded with a smile, ‘so, what brings you here?’ Olivia curling up on her lap, Jack smiled chatting a little, he wanted them to go away, pronto.

Jack walked with her, ‘wanna come inside the both of you?’ Jack grinned, ‘nice house’ ‘thanks’ she grinned, ‘it’s weird having so much space, but I saw this as a little girl overlooking the park then it went for sale and I just knew’ Jack grinned, ‘that’s sweet’ he grinned, ‘thanks’ Jack pulled her close and kissed her deeply, ‘I love you’ she was a little taken aback, ‘really?’ Jack sighed with a smile, ‘I do indeed’ ‘that’s amazing, I love you too’ kissing again, Olivia curling up on the sofa, she pulled off his shirt, ‘someone’s eager’ ‘I thought’ ‘I was thinking that but-’ ‘come on’ kissing passionately heading up the stairs for room, falling on her bed making love, all evening.

'I think Olivia' 'I have some chicken in the fridge, is that ok?' 'that's fine' 'good' putting her hair up and putting his shirt on he grinned watching her leave the room and coming back, 'do you want anything, it's been a while since lunch, I was going to make Lasagne?' 'ok' he grinned, 'I need my shirt back?' 'really?' he smirked, 'fine' pulling it off, 'how do girls do that?' 'what?' 'the cross armed thing?' 'they just do, boobs i think' Jack grinned, 'fine' putting his shirt on and boxers she slipped on a dress, 'so, Miss?' 'hmm' kissing her neck, 'you are beautiful in every way' she blushed, 'thank you' 'no problem' 'you are one of a kind Jack' he grinned, 'good'.

-x-

6 months later:-

'My girlfriend' 'radio' 'don't care, Alex, my girlfriend is allergic to flowers, how do I buy her roses, without trying to kill her, is there a way round that, cos it's Valentines in eight weeks and it's not right' Alex laughed, 'that's your greatest concern?' 'yeah, actually' 'you don't argue ever' turning recording off for a second, 'no, we don't we're really good, we just try and talk any issues out, I can be a bit of a dick but to be fair she likes to cook, it's therapeutic and I can't cook so we're good lots of ways, where some might find weakness, she doesn't care' Alex smiled, 'you did good' 'thank you'.

Lucy rubbed her nose getting back to Olivia, ‘I hate flowers.’ tweeting, Jack smiled, ‘@LucyCaswell I mentioned you today and flowers, actually?’ ‘@JackAllTimeLow I’ don’t wanna see another carnation ever again.’ ‘@LucyCaswell Babe, I’m sorry :(’ she grinned, ‘@JackAllTimeLow I hope you’re making an awesome album over there cos I don’t think I can take the monotony much longer! #bored’ ‘@LucyCaswell I thought you liked your own time?’ ‘@JackAllTimeLow that’s fine, but you do things I can’t do alone.’ Jack grinned blushing, ‘@LucyCaswell I see ;)’ ‘@JackAllTimeLow When I unprivate my twitter this is going to be so weird.’ Jack laughed, agreeing.

Jack smiled grabbing her up in a hug getting home, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘sorry for all the emo tweets’ ‘you are not emo, though you wear an awful lot of black’ laughing a little, kissing deeply, ‘glad you’re home’ ‘me too’ Jack grinned, ‘and Christmas with you’ he grinned, ‘sounds good’ he smiled, ‘I’ll need the big guy to go up in the loft and get the decorations’ he grinned, ‘ok’ kissing her softly, ‘when can we get a tree?’ ‘when they begin selling them?’ ‘I wanna proper tree’ ‘ok’ he grinned, ‘good’ she smiled glad he was home.

Lucy smiled listening to the new stuff, ‘sounds good’ ‘good’ Alex looked at her, ‘I am no expert, but I think some things I would have done differently, but I am sure people may fight for LP’s’ Alex laughed, ‘is that ok?’ ‘what would you change?’ listening to the rough copy, ‘you know, you’re much better live’ Alex smirked, ‘your voice live is incredible, so I think I would have done it live, you have so much more feeling on stage and if you could get in that place, but I would got the riffs a little bit more, Jack can play guitar, he plays in his sleep, seriously’ Alex laughed, ‘I just think you don’t push him enough’ ‘oh, thanks’ Alex smirked, ‘but really lyrically it’s really beautiful’ ‘she’s really honest isn’t she?’ ‘she is’ laughing a little, ‘also a live album would stop you probably having the fear on stage’ ‘that could be true’.

Jack woke in the night, ‘can we record an album live?’ ‘are you kidding, that took us six weeks?’ ‘it will take us less than that Jack to di it all again live, it’s really getting to me’ Lucy rubbing her eyes, ‘but, it’s Christmas Alex’ ‘after Christmas, I just think Lucy is right?’ ‘she’s not an expert’ ‘no I am not’ he smiled, ‘thanks’ ‘but it could be really different and brilliant’ ‘fine Alex, if you think we can?’ ‘we’ve done thousands of shows now, come on?’ ‘fine, fine, Alex’ putting the phone down, ‘this is your fault’ ‘I do apologise but it will sound awesome, and what it will take a few weeks, this is your passion, make sure you show it’ he grinned, ‘why do you always seem the rational in the face of the insanity’ ‘I’m in love with you, I’m used to it’ he grinned.

'We heard you recorded the album then recorded it again?' 'for me it was facing a fear, doing something different and learning to play as a band and pushing ourselves in different ways, many people think we coast a bit and I don't think this record shows that now' 'my girlfriend put it in his head' 'Lucy his girlfriend' 'is that the girl you tweet?' 'yes' laughing a little, 'and clearly she was kinda right, cos it's had such an amazing reception from fans and critics' Alex grinned as Lucy waited outside, 'all good' Jack grinned taking her hand, 'it's our ten months, can you come do something or not?' he grinned, 'love to-' 'are you tow doing anything' 'it's our 10th' 'come on, hello brooklyn' 'we're going with them Jack' he grinned.

-x-

2 years later:-

Jack slumped on the sofa, ‘hey boy’ ‘hey girl’ pulling her on his lap, kissing her deeply, ‘I like it when you go all rough’ Lucy kissed him softly, ‘damn girl, why aren’t you my wife?’ ‘cos, you never asked me Jack?’ ‘this is me damn right asking you, fuck I didn’t think I thought redheads were sexy until I met you’ she bit her lip, ‘I’ll admit you weren’t my type either, but I find you really sexy’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad’ grinding on his jeans, ‘hmm’ kissing and sucking her neck, ‘hmm’ ‘so, what is up with you?’ ‘I had to move jobs?’ ‘oh, you’re not a funeral director any more?’ ‘no, I’m the owner’ Jack stopped, ‘you own a funeral parlour?’ ‘well, the family can’t continue cos no one wants to run one and we’re popular but the owner has died, and then in the inheritance’ ‘he left you the place’ ‘the kids hate me’ ‘fuck’.

'Lucy got into work and anrranged to meet people, paying the staff as well, prepared for the end of the week, 'good afternoon, I'm srroy for your loss, I'm Lucy Caswell..' talking with families all afternoon and making notes, 'we of course try and ensure to make your experience as easy for you as possible, is there anything that he liked, for example we have wreaths in any style, footballs for example, we can arrange all these things for you so you don't have to worry about a thing?' getting some more details, 'thank you sir madam, I hope we don't have your custom again for a long time' Lucy smiled walking them out and seeing to everything, 'you're doing good' 'those kids don't like me for this' 'you were the best person to leave it too, Vix' 'thanks, Rob' 'no problem, first body' 'indeed'.

Jack smiled as she came in, ‘all good?’ ‘yes, actually, there’s nothing they can do according to the solicitor’ ‘good’ Jack grinned, ‘now, our wedding?’ he grinned, she smiled, ‘I booked St Thomas’s on Jefferson today’ he grinned, ‘really?’ ‘it’s near the Recher, or what was and so it’s near a place you love, it’s near my job, something I love, why not?’ he grinned, ‘and I know all the places for stuff in this city’ he grinned, ‘good’ ‘and I have my dress, it was my grandmother’s’ Jack hed her close kissing her, ‘sounds like the wedding’s done’ ‘hmm, but Jack, you’re in charge of the party’ ‘you have no idea what you have just done’ ‘nope, and I like it’ giggling.

they lived happily.